Endless arguments

bignok

On 10/14/2023 at 4:36 PM, bignok said:

How come the arguments on here never end?

Every topic turns into I'm right you are wrong rant

This forum is just a reflection of the " normal " social behavior of these days .

With the exception that there is never a direct confrontation , what helps some posters to ' just let it out ' without fearing about consequences .

There is no unity , it is always the ' me first ' , ' I am always right ' attitude , but that may be beneficial for discussions . It certainly is for selecting the good posters from the ones who are better ignored .

• Confused 1

Welcome to the new normal. It's the way of the world now to espouse one's moral superiority. With the advent of the internet and the flourishing of cell phones, tablets and PC's, we are now exposed to a whole world of knowledge that was never available to us before. Hiding behind their keyboards, more and more people feel that it's their god-given right to have an opinion on all of these newfound subjects, and they don't have to worry about being punched in the face for being so outspoken and forcefully opinionated. It's the sinful nature of man to choose sides, argue and fight their fellow man. Sadly, it's only going to get worse.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I've noticed you being the Rottweiler in more than a few posts. 

Do as I do, post whatever it is you want to say and leave. I have a rule never to enter into a debate on this or any other forum. Life's too short.

I try to help people. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/14/2023 at 5:50 PM, bkk6060 said:

Just come in express your opinion, get out and turn all notifications off if you don't want constant arguing and conflict.  It is each individuals choice to engage.

And there's very often value in hearing other points of view. I like that aspect of open discussion here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1