Stranded British man seeks help as wife takes passport and sails away

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Really! So UK denies their citizens to replace a stolen passport? Or is it just the citizens of the country that have problem with a little paperwork and have to complain as always?

How does he get from Phuket to Bangkok to get travel documents?

No passport, and no money.

Need passport to get on a bus.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

If he's got any sense, he'll let her go. Permanently. He's in the right country to find plenty of nicer female company. Maybe this should be seen as a good opportumity to ditch the b.i.t.c.h!

Perhaps this is the reason she Lett him penniless and without his passport haha

• Thumbs Up 1

His first mistake was taking his wife to Thailand. Don't bring sand to the beach. She's probably a toxic control freak with insecurity issues and freaked out at the sheer amount of women hotter than her.

On the upside (for him) - his next visit to Thailand should go much, much singler... (that is if he has half a brain - anyone who'd stay with a partner who deliberately strands you overseas is brain dead)

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

If he's got any sense, he'll let her go. Permanently. He's in the right country to find plenty of nicer female company.

Didn't  you get that. in all likelyhood, this was the root cause of the problem?

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the disdain on the the face of the Tourist police officer with white shirt, it looks like another case of a modern-day "Nanny State" Brit couple.  Rather than filing a police report, he wants to drag everyone into his little domestic problem and play the part of the victim. File the police report if that's what has really happened and there is no wife beating involved!! Obviously she doesn't care about your well-being. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Looking at the disdain on the the face of the Tourist police officer with white shirt, it looks like another case of a modern-day "Nanny State" Brit couple.  Rather than filing a police report, he wants to drag everyone into his little domestic problem and play the part of the victim. File the police report if that's what has really happened and there is no wife beating involved!! Obviously she doesn't care about your well-being. 

White shirt guy looks hungry. Hasnt eaten in 15 minutes.

The guy is the victim of theft.

Why are you whinging is more the question?

Edited by bignok
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How does he get from Phuket to Bangkok to get travel documents?

No passport, and no money.

Need passport to get on a bus.

Never showed any passport on any bus. If so, then the police report would suffice as show, as it states he lost his passport.

Regarding money, he must have 1 friend that can help him. Somebody in UK can send by WU to that man, give him the code and they go together to take out. Otherwise I am pretty sure the tourist police can do the same for him.

He just have to be inventive, instead of sitting feeling sorry for himself. On the other hand, that´s not British.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

An echo of a comment from Billd earlier - in the past it would have been possible to visit the British Embassy and get an 'Emergency Passport' - hopefully such help can still be obtained in genuine circumstances.

Years ago, I got one from the British Embassy in Lagos, Nigeria which allowed me to leave the Country and they later helpfully recovered my original passport from my Employer, (a very powerful Man), and returned it to me in the UK.

(I then returned to Nigeria to work for another Company).

Snoop - you've gotta ask at least ! Good luck.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Can't get money without passport, betting she got his cards as well.

Normal vindictive behaviour for Brit women, never let them get hold of your documents.

Sure it is. But, just maybe she found him with hands all over him on Bangla Road.

Edited by Gottfrid

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Regarding money, he must have 1 friend that can help him. Somebody in UK can send by WU to that man, give him the code and they go together to take out. Otherwise I am pretty sure the tourist police can do the same for him.

Need passport to collect money from WU.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In the unlikely event she is apprehended, she will claim ignorance 

'I packed in a hurry and didn't notice the passport' 

Slap on the wrist, 2 baht fine off she goes.

She will refuse that she took any money of course, claim the husband is lying.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Never showed any passport on any bus. If so, then the police report would suffice as show, as it states he lost his passport.

He just have to be inventive, instead of sitting feeling sorry for himself. On the other hand, that´s not British.

They ask for ID when buying tickets. But they accept a drivers licence or photocopy.

Always good to have passport copy plus screenshot on phone.

1 minute ago, VinnieK said:

In the unlikely event she is apprehended, she will claim ignorance 

'I packed in a hurry and didn't notice the passport' 

Slap on the wrist, 2 baht fine off she goes.

She will refuse that she took any money of course, claim the husband is lying.

Separate flights? He should go to police in UK. Hammer the skank.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The husband needs to make a complaint of theft to the police first and he hasn't done that.

well, he's sought assistance of TP first to find her, i dare say he doesn't want to enflame matters by making a stealing complaint against her..maybe that will come later..up to him as they say in the classics.

1 minute ago, tandor said:

well, he's sought assistance of TP first to find her, i dare say he doesn't want to enflame matters by making a stealing complaint against her..maybe that will come later..up to him as they say in the classics.

Can't see how matters can be inflamed any more.

This marriage is over.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The husband needs to make a complaint of theft to the police first and he hasn't done that.

The problem is that I don't think he has standing since it is not 'his' property, it is the property of the UK and issued for his use when traveling (or for ID purposes) ????  Maybe she just found it lying around and she is taking it back to the United Kingdom to return it to it's owner...

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

The problem is that I don't think he has standing since it is not 'his' property, it is the property of the UK and issued for his use when traveling (or for ID purposes) ????  Maybe she just found it lying around and she is taking it back to the United Kingdom to return it to it's owner...

It is his official id so therefore his property. Only him can use it.