Wizz TV

bubblegum

I have just installed it on my Windows PC, via Bluestacks and get to the Sign Up page. But needs a year's subscription to go any further. I have asked for a trial period option if available. 

The email said that it is based in Thailand........with a .co.uk address?

31 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have just installed it on my Windows PC, via Bluestacks and get to the Sign Up page. But needs a year's subscription to go any further. I have asked for a trial period option if available. 

The email said that it is based in Thailand........with a .co.uk address?

Bht 750 for one month....forget it.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/15/2023 at 11:49 AM, jonnybgood1 said:

Ive been loving wizztv, been a customer a few months now since someone recommended it on here, it blows my old provider to shame cant belive it only works out less than 250thb a month, i just ordered a new Amazon 4k firestick for my bedroom which i found out can now get these from shoppee

Don't believe these sham reviews from sockpuppet accounts with only 2 posts.  They must pay someone to post these on various forums.  It's been a horrible service for me in Thailand and now I am stuck with it for a year.  I also have a US based service with more US programming that has not had nearly as much buffering as this does, also a lot more of the US based programming I want to watch.  So now I am paying for two services when only one is of any use.  It was supposed to be better than other services because they have Asia-based servers.  That has not been my experience.  Waste of money. 

No it's not just me.  It's been so bad they even sent out an email about it trying to blame Thailand internet providers.  Spoiler, the changes they claimed would fix it didn't.  I was having problems before this and these new apparent problems and changes have only made it worse.  MUCH worse.

Attention WizzTV Thailand Subscribers!

We have an important announcement regarding internet related issues in Thailand.

Internet Troubles? We've got you covered!
Network Service Interruptions

Dear WizzTV Thailand subscribers,We have recently received reports of intermittent internet connectivity issues when accessing our streaming service in Thailand, specifically for users directed to our Asia server. We understand the frustration this may cause and want to assure you its a Network issue within thailand, we are actively working on a solution.

We have spoken to AIS, True and 3bb and got a lot of information to whats causing this, This has helped us put a quick fix in place and direct all customers to Singapore networks and eveything seems to be running smoothly again, soon as we hear networks here are working 100% again we will direct eveyone back

Edited by shdmn

28 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Don't believe these sham reviews from sockpuppet accounts with only 2 posts.  They must pay someone to post these on various forums.  It's been a horrible service for me in Thailand and now I am stuck with it for a year.  I also have a US based service with more US programming that has not had nearly as much buffering as this does, also a lot more of the US based programming I want to watch.  So now I am paying for two services when only one is of any use.  It was supposed to be better than other services because they have Asia-based servers.  That has not been my experience.  Waste of money. 

No it's not just me.  It's been so bad they even sent out an email about it trying to blame Thailand internet providers.  Spoiler, the changes they claimed would fix it didn't.  I was having problems before this and these new apparent problems and changes have only made it worse.  MUCH worse.

I use PerfectPlayer (which used to be PulseTV).  It's been glitchy for a while too (there's a separate thread running) and I was thinking of switching to WizzTV as it usually gets good feedback.  Now I'm not so sure!

20 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I use PerfectPlayer (which used to be PulseTV).  It's been glitchy for a while too (there's a separate thread running) and I was thinking of switching to WizzTV as it usually gets good feedback.  Now I'm not so sure!

Besides the buffering problems, the other problem with Wizz is that it is more UK focused.  They have lots of UK/EU sports channels, especially soccer, which I have no interest in.  They have some US channels and sports channels as well but not as many as other more US oriented streaming services. 

You can switch servers with their service, so I have been using the US/EU servers lately.  Those seem to have less buffering than their Asian servers. The main reason I got Wizz was because of the Asian servers to avoid buffering while in Thailand, which doesn't seem to be the case, so I don't see any technical advantage with them in Thailand.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Yes it been perfect for me also, seems some people just don't like the competition from WizzTV I've only had a issue once a few months back and after reading this was due to the internet issues across Asia but my internet provider fixed the issues within a week and now no issues again, I honestly do think WizzTV is the best and most reliable provider but you need a good system don't be a cheap Charlie buy a decent device like Amazon 4k firestick and get a fast network 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:27 AM, bubblegum said:

Used to be a good service but whatever I do or try I can never see a live football event on a Dutch channel. I have tried everything the helpdesk said I should but it never works. So now instead of helping me they stop my subscibtion.

Yep. looks the same for me. As per most IPTV services they are on the way out and blocking those who ask awkward questions, like why is it not working

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2024 at 7:25 PM, Adrian46 said:

Yes it been perfect for me also, seems some people just don't like the competition from WizzTV I've only had a issue once a few months back and after reading this was due to the internet issues across Asia but my internet provider fixed the issues within a week and now no issues again, I honestly do think WizzTV is the best and most reliable provider but you need a good system don't be a cheap Charlie buy a decent device like Amazon 4k firestick and get a fast network 

Another one with only 1 post....... draw your own conclusions.

I've messaged them in the last few days and their replies were pretty rude.

If they are confident about their product they should offer a free trial or allow a monthly fee then if the product is not good you only lose a few hundred Baht.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 5:25 AM, Adrian46 said:

I have an Amazon 4k firestick.  That is NOT where the bottleneck is.  People who don't see any buffering must watch the UK sports channels, which seem to work better.  I am only interested in movie channels and experienced lots of buffering.  The UK movie channels worked much better than the US movie channels though.

• Like 1

Had Wizz tv for three years now. Fantastic service and any messages to them have been answered promptly and in a very polite manner.

Movies and tv shows play perfectly on all my devices. Sports have occasional buffering but with such a huge choice of sports channels I can move to another channel that is playing the sport I want to watch if necessary. 

I have many friends who have Wizz tv and many bars in Udon Thani have it also. All of them are very satisfied with Wizz tv.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Someone on here recommended that earier this year so I took the free trial on the last day of the EPL season.

Froze 8 minutes into the match. Still frozen at half time. obviously I didn't subscribe.

Understandably but at my place it works, strange. 

On 4/9/2024 at 7:25 PM, Adrian46 said:

Yes it been perfect for me also, seems some people just don't like the competition from WizzTV

On 12/16/2023 at 2:49 AM, jonnybgood1 said:

Ive been loving wizztv, been a customer a few months now since someone recommended it on here

Only 2 people in this thread who praise Wizz into heaven, while there are quite a few more who state the opposite, and both have only ONE post on this forum. You think a coincidence?

Comfy is even worse, since they don't even have their own setup.

But let us be honest, there is no such thing as a perfect IPTV service, because too many factors involved that can cause issues, and many of those are at the user's end.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Only 2 people in this thread who praise Wizz into heaven, while there are quite a few more who state the opposite, and both have only ONE post on this forum. You think a coincidence?

But let us be honest, there is no such thing as a perfect IPTV service, because too many factors involved that can cause issues, and many of those are at the user's end.

You must have overlooked my post stating that Wizz tv has been fantastic and reliable for me and many friends and businesses in Udon Thani. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I've been using Broadband Services for a couple of years now. Less than 3k THB / year. All the live sports, new and old series and movies content I could ever want.

The app and player (additional / external players like VLC can also be added) is better than IPTV Smarters, and any buffering issues can be solved by using a VPN. App downloaded onto a firestick, android tv or box, and easy to navigate / use. Free sample in the link above.

Edited by huangnon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:27 AM, bubblegum said:

Used to be a good service but whatever I do or try I can never see a live football event on a Dutch channel. I have tried everything the helpdesk said I should but it never works. So now instead of helping me they stop my subscibtion.

I just signed up the other day. Got my preprogrammed box a day or so later. After plugging it all in, I could access most of the US channels. Couldn't find the PPV channels, so I sent a msg to their chat Sunday morning. I would advise against that. Apparently I woke the support person up at 0830 & was not so politely informed that it was rude of me to contact them before 1000. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have used another company. I still might. I was going to get one for our vacation home up in Khao Koh, and one for my nephew back in the U.S. That's probably not gonna happen now. If they would reimburse my subscription, I'd walk in a heartbeat. I still may.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 6:58 AM, YorkshireTyke said:

Another one with only 1 post....... draw your own conclusions.

I've messaged them in the last few days and their replies were pretty rude.

If they are confident about their product they should offer a free trial or allow a monthly fee then if the product is not good you only lose a few hundred Baht.

I am on my second year with them.   I don't know why, but if you post a fault, they are quite abrupt to the point of rudeness.

When they changed over to the updated app, they were quite blunt, stating " and don't contact us for your log in details, if you have misplaced them".

I recently reported a euro match that was on a loop.  Now some weeks later,  still no response.

I contacted Trust pilot to ask them why WizzTv no longer appeared on their site for reviews.    They replied that companies who breach their ethical and professional standards are always removed.

Fortunately, because of the low subscription cost, I only use them as a backup to my other longstanding IPTV service.

But I will not subscribe to WizzTv again.

Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I am on my second year with them.   I don't know why, but if you post a fault, they are quite abrupt to the point of rudeness.

When they changed over to the updated app, they were quite blunt, stating " and don't contact us for your log in details, if you have misplaced them".

I recently reported a euro match that was on a loop.  Now some weeks later,  still no response.

I contacted Trust pilot to ask them why WizzTv no longer appeared on their site for reviews.    They replied that companies who breach their ethical and professional standards are always removed.

Fortunately, because of the low subscription cost, I only use them as a backup to my other longstanding IPTV service.

But I will not subscribe to WizzTv again.

That is the opposite to HDPrime, respond quickly and politely although did let themselves down a bit by not announcing the end of True payment method but are honouring any vouchers already purchased.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

That is the opposite to HDPrime, respond quickly and politely although did let themselves down a bit by not announcing the end of True payment method but are honouring any vouchers already purchased.

Yep, I tried them for a while as a backup.   Good support  but I prefer the UI and simplicity  of my current iptv service.

Edited by Raindancer

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know how true this is, but I was recently told by someone that Sky (UK Satellite provider) will be changing their security procedures to access their boxes, and this could stop, either temporarily or permanently any IPTV company using their channels.

15 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Don't know how true this is, but I was recently told by someone that Sky (UK Satellite provider) will be changing their security procedures to access their boxes, and this could stop, either temporarily or permanently any IPTV company using their channels.

Been hearing this for years

On 8/7/2024 at 10:07 AM, CallumWK said:

Renewed my Wizz TV subscription on Saturday (was updated within 30 mins) so you can add me to the list of people praising the service. 

I mainly use it to watch TV series & UK free-2-air channels so can't comment on the sports or PPV but I have never had a problem with buffering (Internet Provider is 3BB 1GB/500Mb & I run the app on a MeCool KM2 box).

• Like 1