Biden approval rating near record low in new poll

Social Media

image.png

President Biden’s overall approval rating dropped to 37 percent in a poll released Wednesday — a near record-low for the president as he heads into an election year.

The latest CNBC All-America Economic Survey, conducted Oct. 11-15, showed Biden’s overall approval rating at its second-lowest point in his presidency, 1 point higher than the record-low 36 percent approval in July 2022.

Biden’s disapproval rating rose to a record-high of 58 percent, 1 point above the disapproval rating in July 2022.

Biden, 80, is set to run for reelection next year and is not facing strong challengers in a Democratic primary.

Former President Trump, 77, is the runaway favorite for the GOP presidential nomination.

Respondents were split on which presidential candidate they supported in 2020, with 45 percent saying they would vote for or support Biden and 43 percent backing Trump. Also, 85 percent of respondents said they voted. 

Asked about their ideological alignments, 26 percent said they were very or somewhat liberal, 40 percent said they were very or somewhat conservative, and 28 percent described themselves as moderate. 

The latest approval rating dropped 2 points from the most recent polls, conducted in July and in April, when his approval held steady at 39 percent. In November 2022, Biden’s overall approval rating was at 41 percent. 

Biden’s disapproval rating rose by 2 points from the most recent polls, in July and April, when his disapproval rating was at 55 percent. 

The same survey gave Biden his second-lowest approval on the economy so far in his presidency, dropping 5 points from the July poll to a 32 percent approval rating in the latest October survey. The only survey showing Biden with a lower approval on the economy was in July 2022, when 30 percent approved of his job on the economy.

Biden also received dismal ratings on foreign policy, even though it showed the vast majority of the public support military aid for Israel and Ukraine and support foreign humanitarian aid — positions the Biden administration has supported .

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Is that the best you can do? You prefer a dude who would date his daughter if she wasn't his daughter? Cheat on multiple wives with hookers? Can't drink water with one hand?

Okay... NONE of those have to do with job performance, but

Biden hasn't said he wants head of joint chiefs hung; hasn't done his best to overthrow government, etc

Where were you when Trump got Congress to give billions to rich and corporations for no good reason? Tell me that didn't add to debt.

President does not have authority to "build national debt". Read the Constitution: money matters come from Congress. You should know that if you followed potential shutdown, meltdown of house under dysfunctional Republicans, etc

sounds like whataboutism to me. classic dem

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Is that the best you can do? You prefer a dude who would date his daughter if she wasn't his daughter? Cheat on multiple wives with hookers? Can't drink water with one hand?

Biden hasn't said he wants head of joint chiefs hung; hasn't done his best to overthrow government, etc

Where were you when Trump got Congress to give billions to rich and corporations for no good reason? Tell me that didn't add to debt.

President does not have authority to "build national debt". Read the Constitution: money matters come from Congress. You should know that if you followed potential shutdown, meltdown of house under dysfunctional Republicans, etc

I see you're going with the "But But what about Trump" defense. 😄

Fascinating...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I see you're going with the "But But what about Trump" defense. 😄

Fascinating...

You probably would have attacked FDR for being in a wheelchair. WTF does "sniffing hair" have to do with governing as President? Really.

You fail to address that Congress is where spending originates in US government. President can't spend the money if Congress doesn't allocate it. President's role is to sign bills on taxation and spending into law, or veto. Pres can of course try to influence shape of bills passed, but that all depends on representatives and senators.

Go back to high school civics class and learn how government is supposed to work

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Emdog said:

You probably would have attacked FDR for being in a wheelchair. WTF does "sniffing hair" have to do with governing as President? Really.

Well, seeing as I cared for my father when he was in a wheelchair for 8 years following a stroke I would say it's highly unlikely I would laugh at anyone in such a situation. Maybe better to calm yourself down and think before you make such silly accusations.

As for sniffing hair and nibbling toddlers, Biden's inappropriate behaviour around children is at best a demonstration of a huge lack of judgement on his part, at worst, well let's not go there. 

8 minutes ago, Emdog said:

You fail to address that Congress is where spending originates in US government. President can't spend the money if Congress doesn't allocate it.  

Easier to just raise the debt ceiling.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-debt-ceiling-budget-signing-f78a000d83cf85ffbaa2d08637844053

image.png.aeee45bdeca121d9cbb81d9b236576ef.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

You fail to address that Congress is where spending originates in US government. President can't spend the money if Congress doesn't allocate it. President's role is to sign bills on taxation and spending into law, or veto. Pres can of course try to influence shape of bills passed, but that all depends on representatives and senators.

Go back to high school civics class and learn how government is supposed to work

And you fail to address the topic, which is Biden.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dhupverg said:

Biden is the best.  The strongest leader the US has ever seen, ever vigilant and alert, while being welcomed with open arms in the Arab world and also getting the most votes a US president ever received.  

Cracker. Go on, tell us another. But not too soon - I'm still in stitches!

On 10/19/2023 at 5:11 PM, Emdog said:

Even if what you say is true, it's apparent that biden, the bumbler in chief is losing support where it matters in the court of public opinion. So, as long as the dems can't come up with a decent alternative they face the very definite possibility that Trump will win, AGAIN- cue weeping snowflakes on U Tube.

I don't actually support Trump being the GOP candidate as it would mean another 4 years of continual Dem's attacks and chaos, but if it's him against Mr Bumble it's Trump all the way.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if what you say is true, it's apparent that biden, the bumbler in chief is losing support where it matters in the court of public opinion. So, as long as the dems can't come up with a decent alternative they face the very definite possibility that Trump will win, AGAIN- cue weeping snowflakes on U Tube.

I don't actually support Trump being the GOP candidate as it would mean another 4 years of continual Dem's attacks and chaos, but if it's him against Mr Bumble it's Trump all the way.

Let’s see the bumbler in chief you say?are you referring to the guy who revitalized nato?seeded the domestic manufacturing of computer chips?the president who stands up and supports our allies?the president who’s Party actually functions and try’s to serve the nation?sometimes doing the right thing isn’t so popular you know ah well it doesn’t really concern you anyway 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Let’s see the bumbler in chief you say?are you referring to the guy who revitalized nato?seeded the domestic manufacturing of computer chips?the president who stands up and supports our allies?the president who’s Party actually functions and try’s to serve the nation?sometimes doing the right thing isn’t so popular you know ah well it doesn’t really concern you anyway 

Looks like you just had that same recurring bad dream again. Must be a worry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I voted for Biden .

But now he has served his function as a transitional from trump preside . and needs to retire.

But power is difficult to give up. 

He has a few coals in the fire who is convinced he needs to stay in powered to maintain hot, and thinks that others could not or would not do what needs to be done. 

Hubris!! always used by everyone to justify not giving up the elixir of power.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"...cue weeping snowflakes on U Tube."

And when done with that, they'll just put everyone on their ignore list.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Very surprised to hear that! Trump would bomb your terrorist brothers and sisters out of existence. For the good of your jihad, Biden is the better choice.

On 10/19/2023 at 9:43 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet he’s out performing Trump on fund raising and almost entirely from individual American citizens not big business pacs.

You mean like those individual American citizens that don't recall donating thousands of times?

The first person O’Keefe interviewed was a man named Michael Jamieson, who, according to FEC data, was listed as the source of $32,000 in donations across more than 3,000 different contributions.

When asked if he was aware of the donations, Jamieson said, “No, I’m not.”

The second person the team interviewed was a woman named Cindy Nowe, who supposedly donated to ActBlue more than 1,000 times during 2022. The total contributions ascribed to her name totaled $18,849.77, meaning that Nowe would have had to donate three times per day, every single day, all year, O’Keefe said.

Nowe told the crew that she donated to ActBlue “once in a while,” but said she did not donate nearly $18,850.

“I wish I could have donated $18,000 to Biden’s presidency,” she said, before adding that her actual contributions are just a few donations around $5.

https://timcast.com/news/james-okeefe-exposes-potential-money-laundering-scheme-by-democrat-fundraising-group-actblue/

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, impulse said:

You mean like those individual American citizens that don't recall donating thousands of times?

The first person O’Keefe interviewed was a man named Michael Jamieson, who, according to FEC data, was listed as the source of $32,000 in donations across more than 3,000 different contributions.

The second person the team interviewed was a woman named Cindy Nowe, who supposedly donated to ActBlue more than 1,000 times during 2022. The total contributions ascribed to her name totaled $18,849.77, meaning that Nowe would have had to donate three times per day, every single day, all year, O’Keefe said.

Nowe told the crew that she donated to ActBlue “once in a while,” but said she did not donate nearly $18,850.

“I wish I could have donated $18,000 to Biden’s presidency,” she said, before adding that her actual contributions are just a few donations around $5.

https://timcast.com/news/james-okeefe-exposes-potential-money-laundering-scheme-by-democrat-fundraising-group-actblue/

James O'Keefe has been repeatedly exposed for wildly dishonest editing of his interviews. He's had to cough up cash on more than one occasion for defamation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Extreme rightwing James O’Keefe brought to you by another extreme rightwinger Tim Pool.

Thank’s for letting us know where you get your extreme rightwing feed from, well at least some of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1