savannakhet now require bank statement (400k) for 1 year multi visa (non-O marriage or Thai family)

5 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

It was so annoying when I turned up at immigration to be told, sorry we can't accept your bank statement. They said it would be best to park 400k in a bank account for 2 months, but I don;t have that kind of money lying around. I'm not rich, but I'm not poor.... stuck in the middle! 

I've heard it's about 40k to use an agent, but I don't think that is reasonable at all for a perfectly legitimate visa that I qualify for. I'm really worried that I won't be able to get a multiple entry visa in SAV after reading this thread now....

Oh my god! You do not have to be rich to have 400k baht. That´s like nothing. Not even having it qualify for middle class. If you can´t show 400k baht, you are not suitable for a long stay visa. Better buy a tourist visa, spend your money and go home work for your next vacation.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 12:40 PM, Pouatchee said:

seems like bs

when applying how do they know how long seasoned?

or if money still in bank

something dont sound right here

what is multi visa?

your op is nebulous at best

You don't need to season funds for a VISA application.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

I thought the thread was about Savannakhet,....certainly the post I was replying to was.

In that case, your confirmation that seasoning is not required is useful information, but we would welcome knowing your source for this comforting reassurance. Based on the general attitude at that consulate, I would not be surprised if you are correct, but have not seen anything that would make me dogmatic.

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I thought the thread was about Savannakhet,....certainly the post I was replying to was.

It is a relevant post to this thread because many people do not much care whether they go to Sav or HCMC.  Their objective is to get the visa they want.

On 10/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Do a border run the day before expiry and get 90 days.

When the 90 days expires, get a further 60 days at immigration. 

Total 17 months.

Or, do what is legally required and stop living here by bending the rules.      Get a proper visa and extension.  If you can't afford it, then the answer is obvious!   You spoil it for those who live by the requirements to remain here.

Edited by Raindancer
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

In that case, your confirmation that seasoning is not required is useful information, but we would welcome knowing your source for this comforting reassurance. Based on the general attitude at that consulate, I would not be surprised if you are correct, but have not seen anything that would make me dogmatic.

I would have read it on ASEAN NOW........😉

I also (rightly or wrongly) assumed that it would be the same as an in country conversation from visa exempt - you just need to evidence funds ?

It sounds like the above might be academic anyway as far as Savannakhet is concerned. If they are ONLY issuing single entry visas then no financial evidence is required anyway.

2 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

It is a relevant post to this thread because many people do not much care whether they go to Sav or HCMC.  Their objective is to get the visa they want.

I didn't say it wasn't relevant. It is indeed useful information.

Just not relevant to my post which was specifically referring to Savannakhet.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Raindancer said:

Or, do what is legally required and stop living here by bending the rules.      Get a proper visa and extension.  If you can't afford it, then the answer is obvious!   You spoil it for those who live by the requirements to remain here.

A multi entry O is a " proper visa". It's also legal.

Not sure why you say " you spoil it.....:, when quoting my post.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

Can you cite a source for this. My own understanding was that the permission to stay was honoured, with no deportation or fines. However, future requests for visas, extensions and visa exempt entries frequently resulted in denials. The consensus seemed to be that the extensions were legally valid, but acquired using shady practices. Retribution was not via prosecution, but future discrimination against those who received them.

In one or two rare cases, I read on various visa related Facebook forums (months ago now) that such visas were being canceled. However, it wasn't a widespread practice. 

Yes, like I mentioned, previous holders of volunteer visas obtained through agents may have trouble getting elite visas or certain types of extensions. Haven't heard of issues with visa exempt or tourist visa entries, especially if some time has elapsed since their last stay on a volunteer visa.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Oh dear, we have an "I'm alright Jack" member..........🤔

Who may have come to LOS to live cheap, which would be............😂

Yeah, sure! I have come here to live cheap. Only spending about 200k per month. What about you?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, sure! I have come here to live cheap. Only spending about 200k per month. What about you?

Yeh, riiiight.................🤣

Me, none of your business, but I think I would be daft if I spent 200k a month in LOS, I would look for a new wifey..............:whistling:................🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeh, riiiight.................🤣

Me, none of your business, but I think I would be daft if I spent 200k a month in LOS, I would look for a new wifey..............:whistling:................🤭

Up to you, but it seems you were wrong about me. After that, we all get what we plan for in life. My lifestyle fits me and the wifey. No need to look for a new one.

Edited by Gottfrid

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Up to you, but it seems you were wrong about me. After that, we all get what we plan for in life. My lifestyle fits me and the wifey. No need to look for a new one.

What did I say that is wrong about you.......:huh:....?

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Not everyone's a scam artist like you so we can't afford such a lifestyle. Be grateful that you were born with the shyster's gene.

And yes, I've worked with overpaid "IT" people like you. 10 dudes in a conference room doing everything but get the job done.

By the time you lot are paid there's no money left to actually implement a proper system.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, WebGuy said:

Guys, the latest report from Savannakhet:

I submitted the documentation for non-immigrant O visa based on marriage today at 9:15am. I also provided my child's birth certificate and copy of tabian ban as well as KR2 paper and it was taken by the immigration officer.

When I said I would like to apply for one year non-immigrant O visa, she immediately said I needed financial requirements proved. She accepted the copies of my bank book and also had a detailed look at my original bank book.

That was all. The money wasn't seasoned but was transfered to my bank account yesterday.

I think I should receive my visa tomorrow and I not, I will inform you here.

Thank you so much for the update. Please let us know tomorrow if ou got multi or no.

I will go there next week. Did you gave her copies of every page in bank book ?

29 minutes ago, megapix said:

Thank you so much for the update. Please let us know tomorrow if ou got multi or no.

I will go there next week. Did you gave her copies of every page in bank book ?

You are welcome. Yes, I have copied all the pages. You prepare all you have and they take what they need

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, WebGuy said:

That was all. The money wasn't seasoned but was transfered to my bank account yesterday.

Can I ask, was the subject of the money being in a foreign (non Thai) bank account discussed?  I'm just trying to find out if they are wanting the money to be in a Thai account.  If they are, they are out of order given the visa type.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Can I ask, was the subject of the money being in a foreign (non Thai) bank account discussed?  I'm just trying to find out if they are wanting the money to be in a Thai account.  If they are, they are out of order given the visa type.

I am also interested in the answer to that question.

If they are consistent with other Thai Consulates and Embassies worldwide the answer would be that they will accept statements from any country provided they show the required amount.

As an example the last time I applied for an E visa in London the statement I provided was from an offshore bank.  The application was granted.  

• Agree 1

On 10/30/2023 at 10:03 AM, NanLaew said:

I would be very wary of pursuing that route. Several years ago, there was a scandal at the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur when some unused visa stickers came up missing. More recently, I recall a worker at one of their Chinese legations being arrested for charging Chinese students non-immigrant visa rates for their student visas. Their consular efforts seem to be fair game for their in-house scammers.

I got my 1-year MENO in Savanakhet last February, on my first three re-entries at Suvarnabhumi this year, the IO's did several close inspections of the visa sticker, tilting it under different light, before stamping me in. The re-entry ten days ago was the first time it didn't get the extra scrutiny. I would assume that the IO's are now aware that Savanakhet Consulate now needs proof of funds so any recently issued MENO's will probably get closely examined.

I just assumed that it was going to their retirement fund like every other office in Thailand. I did a visa run through there and the IO seemed confused that I did not have a new visa in my passport. I had to point out the old one. 

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Not everyone's a scam artist like you so we can't afford such a lifestyle. Be grateful that you were born with the shyster's gene.

And yes, I've worked with overpaid "IT" people like you. 10 dudes in a conference room doing everything but get the job done.

By the time you lot are paid there's no money left to actually implement a proper system.

What are you talking about. I am making my money on bonus systems that the companies I work for set up, in line with the goals they want me to reach. You seem to to assume much. But, please keep it to yourself, as insulting me is not the right way to go. But please, tell me more about how you can call me a scam artist.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 2