Michael Cohen says he inflated assets to ‘whatever number Trump told us to’

Social Media

5 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

You still miss the point.  Irrespective of whether Trumps values were inflated THE AG'S OFFICE WEAPONiZED itself targeting only Trump

If the AG's office for whatever reason was conducting a broad investigation of bank fraud and uncovered Trump, I would agree with you.  However they did not.  They went soley after Trump's records

A prosecuting attorney's office does not go combing through records to find evidence of a crime.  They respond to a complaint from an aggrieved party.  The banks did not complain.  The AG went solely after Trump. 

NY Attorney General announces $328 million in settlement funds from Uber and Lyft for ‘taking earnings’

So, are you going to complain about this investigation, too?

5 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

As said, your hatred for Trump has blinded you.  As said, even the Chinese government recognizes the actions by the State Attorney General as weaponizing.  

Your love of Trump has not?

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Oh yeah, that's interesting, when did that happen?

Do you have a link corroborating your claim or cite the indictment charge?

You do understand the distinction between civil and criminal proceedings?

Hint: New York Executive Law § 63(12)

I look forward to us discussing the tab.

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, are you going to complain about this investigation, too?

The practice is not unique to the USA it is widely used around the globe. 

ASEAN governments must stop using ‘lawfare’ against critics, Southeast Asian MPs say

signal-2023-01-27-103032_002.jpeg

Jan 27, 2023

MANILA – The Philippines, as well as other ASEAN member states, must immediately halt the use of judicial harassment and politically-motivated charges against critics and political opponents, a phenomenon known as ‘lawfare’, ASEAN Parliamentarians for Human Rights (APHR) said today at a press conference held in Manila.

We call on Southeast Asian authorities to stop abusing the legal system to stifle dissent and urge ASEAN to reprimand member states that continue to use lawfare to attack political opposition. The Philippine government can take the first step by dropping all charges against Walden Bello and immediately releasing Senator Leila De Lima and any others that have been unjustly detained due to politically-motivated charges,” said Mercy Barends, Chairperson of ASEAN Parliamentarians for Human Rights (APHR) and member of the Indonesian House of Representatives.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's hilarious that because it's Trump, everyone pretends to believe the bank takes your word for the value of your assets to secure a long, and that the tax collector takes your works for the value of your assets to determining how much tax you have to pay.

Does this work for anyone else? 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The banks examine financial statements very carefully when evaluating a loan application. But, if the statements are fraudulent, then the due diligence is futile.

The banks didn't know about the fraud until the Manhattan DA began to investigate.

Is all of this too difficult for you to understand?

Ever heard of due diligence? I guess not. Bur here you go: 

I think it's hilarious that because it's Trump, everyone on the left pretends to believe the bank takes your word that your financial statements are complete and correct to secure a loan.

It's even funnier that because it's Trump, everyone on the left pretends the tax collector takes your word for the value of your assets to determine how much tax you have to pay.

You guys crack me up. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The tax collector has nothing to do with assessment of property values.

I understand that you want to support Trump, but your urge to do so requires you to spew a lot of bulls*t.

Right, you just tell the bank what it's worth when you want a loan and tell the tax collector what it's worth when you pay your taxes, got it. 

• Confused 1

In all cases, Trump's fraudulent asset valuations are now public information.

Yellowtail is trying to claim that the fraud victims are to blame (blame the victim, where have I heard that before), rather than those who perpetuated the fraud. Good luck with that.

I guess that's different from blaming selective prosecution, yet another excuse launched by perps.

So much for law and order ("it's the victim's fault! No, it's the cops' fault!).

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In all cases, Trump's fraudulent asset valuations are now public information.

Yellowtail is trying to claim that the fraud victims are to blame (blame the victim, where have I heard that before), rather than those who perpetuated the fraud. Good luck with that.

I guess that's different from blaming selective prosecution, yet another excuse launched by perps.

So much for law and order ("it's the victim's fault! No, it's the cops' fault!).

Yes, the poor multinational banks and tax collectors have been victimized. Oh the humanity!!! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, Berkshire said:

already explained this to you and you ignored it.  What the heck is wrong with you?

Because as general Powell once said. YOU ARE STUCK IN STUPID GEAR. 

They don't allow police to enter your home "looking for incriminating evidence'
They don't allow police to stop only the vehicle of a particular person without "probable cause"

The only cause that the attorney general of NY had to look at Trump was that it was Trump. That sir is weaponizing government to pummel a political adversary and it is wrong.  It would be just as wrong if it was the Attorney General of Texas only looking at Joe Biden. 

It was wrong when Nixon did it, and it is wrong wrong when Letticia James does the exact same thing. 

Trump was the only person on her Enemies List 

The master list of Nixon political opponents was a secret list compiled by President Richard Nixon's Presidential Counselor Charles Colson. It was an expansion of the original Nixon's Enemies List of 20 key people considered opponents of President Richard Nixon. In total, the expanded list contained 220 people or organizations.

The master list was compiled in mid-1971[1] in Charles Colson's office and sent in memorandum form to John Dean. On June 27, 1973,[1] Dean provided to the Senate Watergate Committee this updated "master list" of political opponents.[2] The original list had multiple sections, including a section for "Black Congressmen".[3][4][5]

The purpose of the list was to "use the available Federal machinery to screw [their] political enemies."[1] One such scheme involved using the Internal Revenue Service to harass people on the list.[1]

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

Because as general Powell once said. YOU ARE STUCK IN STUPID GEAR. 

They don't allow police to enter your home "looking for incriminating evidence'
They don't allow police to stop only the vehicle of a particular person without "probable cause"

The only cause that the attorney general of NY had to look at Trump was that it was Trump. That sir is weaponizing government to pummel a political adversary and it is wrong.  It would be just as wrong if it was the Attorney General of Texas only looking at Joe Biden. 

It was wrong when Nixon did it, and it is wrong wrong when Letticia James does the exact same thing. 

Trump was the only person on her Enemies List 

The master list of Nixon political opponents was a secret list compiled by President Richard Nixon's Presidential Counselor Charles Colson. It was an expansion of the original Nixon's Enemies List of 20 key people considered opponents of President Richard Nixon. In total, the expanded list contained 220 people or organizations.

The master list was compiled in mid-1971[1] in Charles Colson's office and sent in memorandum form to John Dean. On June 27, 1973,[1] Dean provided to the Senate Watergate Committee this updated "master list" of political opponents.[2] The original list had multiple sections, including a section for "Black Congressmen".[3][4][5]

The purpose of the list was to "use the available Federal machinery to screw [their] political enemies."[1] One such scheme involved using the Internal Revenue Service to harass people on the list.[1]

Trump was publicly known to have committed fraud long before Leticia James began her investigation.

Disprove me if you can but otherwise, stop lying.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Trump said he could shoot someone and wouldn’t lose voters. Judging by what a whole bunch of posters post on this forum, I believe him. Apparently their hatred for ‘the left’ is so deep that they would rather defend and vote for a criminal than vote for ‘a lefty’. Go figure.

Everyone knew Trump was joking, but of could the lying-left had to pretend he wasn't. Just like most all non-leftists know all the "crimes" are BS. 

But you are correct, I will vote for any non-leftist over any leftist. 

Edited by Yellowtail
sp

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump was publicly known to have committed fraud long before Leticia James began her investigation.

Disprove me if you can but otherwise, stop lying.

What have I lied about? Please point out what I have lied about, or admit you are lying. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Everyone knew Trump was joking, but of could the lying-left had to pretend he wasn't. Just like most all non-leftists know all the "crimes" are BS. 

But you are correct, I will vote for any non-leftist over any leftist. 

You have no idea what a leftist is to begin with. Calling Biden left is ridiculous in and of itself.

And Trump doesn’t have a sense of humor.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1