Do you look older than your age?

georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, younger. I guess not having grey hair is part of it.

And I avoid stress, take it easy. That definitely helps not to get old too soon. 

Same me no grey hair, where you can see it, and a full mop of hair, a falang once asked me if I dye my hair :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When I first signed up as a blood donor in Thailand I was 63. The Red Cross lady said she couldn't believe it! Yes, I know that can be taken both ways. However, as this was in rural Thailand, she could have been meaning that someone aged 63 is so often on their last legs that blood donation wouldn't be an option for them? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Genetics play a role, no doubt. Over exposure to sun also can play a role in premature aging of the skin.

But not as much as the inner mental state of the subject. A sour and bitter poster individual 😚 will obviously look the part. A subject with a childish mind, happy, foolishly nice to all,  stays away from toxic people, ignores all the sh@[t going on all over the world,  no drugs or excess booze, who is not afraid of being silly n'stupid, who does not take himself/herself to seriously, and who knows a great plastic surgeon,  will obviously look younger and be far more fun to hang out with to tease the fine ladies all around. 🤣

Seems to me genetis does contribute.

My mum died when she was 99, still quite active / agile and still writing well accepted content for an education website.

My dad died at 70 from a massive stroke, looked about 50. Previous health checks never indicated any danger of stroke. (Prior to the stroke dad had no real health problems and his parents had very few health problems, no history of stroke). 

I look about 10 years younger than my age <so folks tell me> and I regularly get check ups always telling the doctor about my dad dying from a sudden unexpected massive stroke. Check up Dr's always say no sign of stroke.

We wait and see. If I die of stroke I'll send a note to AN. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1