BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

15 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

I am a big fan of Total tools for the home and garden as they all use the same batteries.

I use the leaf blower to move our pack of dogs when needed

IMG_1749.jpeg.aa117241e4bd3ea4f75872f5eb72271d.jpeg

I also use their tire inflator as there is no plugging in required

IMG_1750.jpeg.ebf0570906fc6db8b5878cb0393196aa.jpeg

Does the range include that vital on-site accessory, a coffee machine??

image.png.1ee2db5d15343bb257d3f30e2ea22497.png

Or for us Brits, a kettle?

image.png.4ac1cf988f04d08b1d69519d2d8e1169.png

• Love It 1

54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Does the range include that vital on-site accessory, a coffee machine??

No to the coffee machine and the kettle, but you probably knew that already 😉

The nice thing about a BYD is that is that you can plug in a regular kettle or coffee machine into the car, it doesn’t need to be battery powered.

IMG_1752.jpeg.5065f2df4159a128414b1c2b84b5f5b4.jpeg

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I am a big fan of Total tools for the home and garden as they all use the same batteries.

I use the leaf blower to move our pack of dogs when needed

IMG_1749.jpeg.aa117241e4bd3ea4f75872f5eb72271d.jpeg

I also use their tire inflator as there is no plugging in required

IMG_1750.jpeg.ebf0570906fc6db8b5878cb0393196aa.jpeg

I have the combi leaf blower and grass trimmer set. Problem is that the battery runs out very fast with the leaf blower. I need to find somewhere to buy a 40 volt battery.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

I have the combi leaf blower and grass trimmer set. Problem is that the battery runs out very fast with the leaf blower. I need to find somewhere to buy a 40 volt battery.

Think they are all 20V so they are compatible just with more Ah

IMG_4481.thumb.jpeg.b3e2bdc892f5139f11cf068e53c3bf9f.jpeg

Edited by Bandersnatch
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's the BYD app servers regardless of owning a Seal, Atto, Dolphin, etc.    I got the same notice this morning...I own an Atto.

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mistral53 said:

It is true, stuff like this happens always in the most inopportune moments:

https://youtu.be/dn5K2YIpa-c?si=7OGFS6cak4pOS0EH

Very useful to know this, seems like it is something to do with leaving the car with an open door or trunk for a period of time sends it into sleep mode.

Seen a few cases on FB and the solution seems to be, as in the video, by pressing the door handle button.

Incidently, i have had the steering wheel message a couple of times, turning it fully to the left and right clears it.

I thought it might have been something to do with leaning heavily on the steering wheel when entering and needed re-zeroing but apparently not, found this:

IMG_4199.jpeg.c44cbe072c53c71ad6ec0b664b194211.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2024 at 7:29 PM, Pib said:

It's the BYD app servers regardless of owning a Seal, Atto, Dolphin, etc.    I got the same notice this morning...I own an Atto.

That's kind of classic for Chinese produced stuff in recent years, if it is connected to the internet or IOT etc, they have dozens of brands, sometimes a few, but they all work on the same software framework as well they produce in the same areas.

I spoke with the BYD salesman about my 30,000 baht charging credit, he told me I would get it within 60 days of my friend taking delivery of his Seal which would ne next week.  He now says it's within 60 days of him getting his white plates.  Rever continue to disappoint me.

We discussed the BYD enquiry at the Office of the Consumer Protection Board over BYD's pricing and I said I might complain too to which he said BYD will definitely know if you do, so I did yesterday over the lack of increase on 1/1/2024 followed by discount for January 2024 deliveries.

I also had a line conversation with MG BKK HQ yesterday asking for my colour and spec choice for my Cyberster.  After a lot of going back and forth explaining what price protection is, I told them I want 12 months price protection in writing or they can stick their Cyberster where the sun doesn't shine (a convertible won't be useful there).  The numpty on the phone knew nothing about my dealer supposedly having done that. 

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I spoke with the BYD salesman about my 30,000 baht charging credit, he told me I would get it within 60 days of my friend taking delivery of his Seal which would ne next week.  He now says it's within 60 days of him getting his white plates.  Rever continue to disappoint me.

We discussed the BYD enquiry at the Office of the Consumer Protection Board over BYD's pricing and I said I might complain too to which he said BYD will definitely know if you do, so I did yesterday over the lack of increase on 1/1/2024 followed by discount for January 2024 deliveries.

I also had a line conversation with MG BKK HQ yesterday asking for my colour and spec choice for my Cyberster.  After a lot of going back and forth explaining what price protection is, I told them I want 12 months price protection in writing or they can stick their Cyberster where the sun doesn't shine (a convertible won't be useful there).  The numpty on the phone knew nothing about my dealer supposedly having done that. 

keep in mind that car sellers aren't always the most trustworthy people, whether in thailand or your home country ... 

but i am sure, you know that already ...  :smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

keep in mind that car sellers aren't always the most trustworthy people, whether in thailand or your home country ... 

but i am sure, you know that already ...  :smile:

I sold a Toyota Camry I used to commute to Bangkok weekly from Pattaya with over 100,000km on it.  I saw it in Pattaya later with under 30,000km on it. 

It went from me to tent to new owner and I know I didn't clock it!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, motdaeng said:

it's probably too late, but I would wait a few months for the new seal 07.

it seems to have a few improvements ...

https://carnewschina.com/2024/07/15/byd-seal-07-with-e-platform-3-0-evo-to-unveil-in-early-august/

Indeed - I wonder whether this on is for real...... '[].....and offer a panoramic sunroof with an electric sunshade.'

36 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Indeed - I wonder whether this on is for real...... '[].....and offer a panoramic sunroof with an electric sunshade.'

it will be like the byd seal lion 07. have a look at 3:30.

• Thanks 1

Went with my Seal for the first 3 month/5.000 km inspection today, as expected all is fine and no problems. What surprises me is the scheduling of the next 1 year/20.000 km Inspection in April 2026!!, so exact two years after I have got the Car.On my request they told me this date is coming from the central Revers System and can't be changed by any Dealer. Does somebody else having the same experience?

2 hours ago, UWEB said:

Went with my Seal for the first 3 month/5.000 km inspection today, as expected all is fine and no problems. What surprises me is the scheduling of the next 1 year/20.000 km Inspection in April 2026!!, so exact two years after I have got the Car.On my request they told me this date is coming from the central Revers System and can't be changed by any Dealer. Does somebody else having the same experience?

What does it say on the service screen in your car?

I just checked my car, and the service interval is still set to 12 month or 5,000km (total of 10,000) which is coming up fast. I will check with the dealer to be sure what is actually correct.

25 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

What does it say on the service screen in your car?

I just checked my car, and the service interval is still set to 12 month or 5,000km (total of 10,000) which is coming up fast. I will check with the dealer to be sure what is actually correct.

The 5.000 km check is after 3 month not 12 month. Attached the official BYD Maintenance Schedule for Dolphin,Atto and Seal, first service after 3 month/5.000 km, next one after 12 month/20.000 km and so on. For my understanding the next Service to be done 12 month after you have got the Car.

BYD Maintenance Schedule.jpg

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, UWEB said:

The 5.000 km check is after 3 month not 12 month. Attached the official BYD Maintenance Schedule for Dolphin,Atto and Seal, first service after 3 month/5.000 km, next one after 12 month/20.000 km and so on. For my understanding the next Service to be done 12 month after you have got the Car.

BYD Maintenance Schedule.jpg

That was not my question..........  you know that modern cars have service reminders in the OBC?

That is what I was referring to - and by extension, whether BYD would via OTA change the service minder to a different interval - but never mind, you answered my question.

8 hours ago, mistral53 said:

That was not my question..........  you know that modern cars have service reminders in the OBC?

That is what I was referring to - and by extension, whether BYD would via OTA change the service minder to a different interval - but never mind, you answered my question.

The Service reminder is switched off in my Car, so no help at all.