Forum upgrade in progress! ×

BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

5 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Did you mean the TFAC ?

TimeForACoffee.thumb.jpg.99c4c28e39a06c065b61c91ca96a6f42.jpg

Time For A Coffee

Are you suggesting that, when the DAW system detects you're tired, all you get is that coffee icon thingy?

I was hoping for more than that.

I'd also like to know how it monitors and analyses your driving.

1 hour ago, macahoom said:

Are you suggesting that, when the DAW system detects you're tired, all you get is that coffee icon thingy?

I was hoping for more than that.

I'd also like to know how it monitors and analyses your driving.

can’t help you but I might be able ask at the showroom later today

Out shopping today in the Seal.

Two observations:

1) Today was quite hot and sunny. There was an unacceptable level of heat radiating from the roof into the car. Not sure if my 80% film was helping at all. I have no idea why cars are sold with glass roofs in Thailand, never mind full size ones as in the Seal. The screen will be installed asap and probably never uninstalled.

2) Bright sunshine today and it was quite difficult to read some of the info on the screens. Turning the brightness level up to 100% (in 2 different fields) helped a bit. I think the problem is more to do with the faintness of some of the text rather than the brightness level.

Edited by macahoom
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, macahoom said:

Out shopping today in the Seal.

Two observations:

1) Today was quite hot and sunny. There was an unacceptable level of heat radiating from the roof into the car. Not sure if my 80% film was helping at all. I have no idea why cars are sold with glass roofs in Thailand, never mind full size ones as in the Seal. The screen will be installed asap and probably never uninstalled.

2) Bright sunshine today and it was quite difficult to read some of the info on the screens. Turning the brightness level up to 100% (in 2 different fields) helped a bit. I think the problem is more to do with the faintness of some of the text rather than the brightness level.

Your 2nd point is interesting as I'd struggled to see the info on the screens on my test drive.  I'd just assumed the brightness was set too low, but if you're saying even at 100% that it's still not great then I think I need to go and see this again.  Is there the option to change from a light background to a dark background ?

20 minutes ago, Melpomene said:

Is there the option to change from a light background to a dark background ?

I didn't see such an option, but I'll check tomorrow. Finding stuff is definitely not as simple as I would like it to be.

I have just come home after driving in the dark. The display changes automatically to it's nighttime mode and it's very easy to read.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Melpomene said:

Is there the option to change from a light background to a dark background ?

I have my screen set to Dark mode all the time. I think the blue coloured light mode looks good with the blue interior and dark mode suits the dark interior.

• Thanks 2

I posted this elsewhere, but it should really be here.

The Seal comes with one NFC card that opens the door and starts the car.  If you buy a second card, can they be programmed so card 1 restores the seat to memory position 1 and card 2 does the same but for memory position 2?

This would make so much sense for anyone who has someone else in their family who will sometimes be driving the car.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The Seal comes with one NFC card that opens the door and starts the car.  If you buy a second card, can they be programmed so card 1 restores the seat to memory position 1 and card 2 does the same but for memory position 2?

This would make so much sense for anyone who has someone else in their family who will sometimes be driving the car.

That would be a neat trick if possible.

What I don’t understand is the NFC markings on the centre arm rest , do you place it there to enable the car to start in a certain situation ?

Seems pretty unnecessary to spoil the aesthetics with those markings when presumably the process will be used very infrequently .

Or have I misread the reason for the markings ??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

That would be a neat trick if possible.

What I don’t understand is the NFC markings on the centre arm rest , do you place it there to enable the car to start in a certain situation ?

Seems pretty unnecessary to spoil the aesthetics with those markings when presumably the process will be used very infrequently .

Or have I misread the reason for the markings ??

I suspect you put the card there for a second or two and the car should start on the button

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a guy on the Thai language Seal Facebook who claims to have discovered how to turn off the pedestrian alert noises. His solution seems to be quite unusual, but if it works, great. He's posted a video showing how to do it.

Unfortunately, when I tried to do what he suggests, the wording on the relevant page is different than in his video - because my car appears to have an outdated version of the software. So I can't try it until I get an update.

By the way, at first I thought I could live with the noises, but I've already realised they're just too much. I want them gone!

Edited by macahoom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

BYD Seal Infotainment Screen Walkthrough

(also posted in Electric Vehicles in Thailand)

Once again, thanks for the video.

In it you say, “You can switch the aircon on from the remote.”

Are you sure about this? If yes, how do I do it?

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The whole idea of the NFC is to not need a key, just your smart phone (assuming it has NFC, which is pretty standard these days) In China that functionality is incorporated into the BYD app, and when asked in a forum, one Chinaman explained that they are about 6 months ahead of the ROW........so there is hope, as the present BYD app is a fing joke!

The app, imo, is only useful to start the car/air con remotely for cooling purposes or, as I believe was reported on this forum, to start the car occasionally when you are away for a few weeks.

But the Seal and Atto 3 do have remote starting from the remote control ( 10m on Atto and 15m on Seal ) limited on distance but very useful in some circumstances.

Anyone like to test the distance ?

39 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Thank you.

I had tried that before but it felt like I was going to break the button and I was scared to press it too hard.

I finally got it to work by pressing the button very strongly. Subsequent presses did not require as much force.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

But the Seal and Atto 3 do have remote starting from the remote control ( 10m on Atto and 15m on Seal ) limited on distance but very useful in some circumstances.

Anyone like to test the distance ?

I just tried it on the Seal.

15m easily. I guess it will work even further away but the position of my car prevented me from testing.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, macahoom said:

I just tried it on the Seal.

15m easily. I guess it will work even further away but the position of my car prevented me from testing.

Strange as it may sound, you can triple the distance of most car remote's by holding them against your head as you press the button.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Strange as it may sound, you can triple the distance of most car remote's by holding them against your head as you press the button.

I was going to suggest that, fear of being laughed at stopped me 😃, seen a few videos with people unlocking their cars from great distances with the remote under their chin .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I was going to suggest that, fear of being laughed at stopped me 😃, seen a few videos with people unlocking their cars from great distances with the remote under their chin .

Indeed, the distance you can do it is directly proportional to your IQ.

• Haha 2