BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

My Atto does the same thing when checking for a software update....after 10 seconds or so of checking it just stops.  The dealership said this means you "do" have the latest software as I went thru this process/check during my acceptance inspection.   

If you do have the latest software it does not come back with a message such as You Have the Latest Software or something similar.....it just seemingly stops the check...but that is OK as it supposedly means you do have the latest software.

• Thanks 2

Confusingly, when I click on “Vehicle version - Update” I get  a message which says “Your car has been upgraded to the latest version: V1.0”

The dealership told me to bring the car to the showroom and they would update my software. I went to the showroom but, surprise surprise, they couldn’t update it. They said I have to wait until I get an alert in my car informing me an update is available. When I get the alert, I must drive to the dealership and then they can update it.

What a palaver!IMG_20231112_091027.thumb.jpg.61a39baf53c2f6024c5b7767e878a49f.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

For those that are also not enamored by the infotainment default set-up, let me remind you that the basic MUI is based on android, hence can be manipulated just like it, e.g.......

Could contain:

Sorry, could you explain what you mean by this in language more suited to a tech-dummy?

Thank you!

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Sorry, could you explain what you mean by this in language more suited to a tech-dummy?

Thank you!

I am probably the dummy here for not conveying my suggestion properly: The default screen shows Spotify, radio and navigation. I don't use Spotify, so I replaced it with the phone app, could be anything else you find more desirable from page 2 or 3.

So Spotify went to the trash, then I moved the phone app into its place just like you can move apps on an android tablet. Btw - Spotify is still present on the second page, so it could be placed back at anytime.

For non android users - tiles are manipulated by 'holding them down' until they become malleable. BTW2: This is not even scratching the surface - if you wish, you can load android apps until the cows come home...........lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

I am probably the dummy here for not conveying my suggestion properly: The default screen shows Spotify, radio and navigation. I don't use Spotify, so I replaced it with the phone app, could be anything else you find more desirable from page 2 or 3.

So Spotify went to the trash, then I moved the phone app into its place just like you can move apps on an android tablet. Btw - Spotify is still present on the second page, so it could be placed back at anytime.

For non android users - tiles are manipulated by 'holding them down' until they become malleable. BTW2: This is not even scratching the surface - if you wish, you can load android apps until the cows come home...........lol

Thank you!

Any recommendations for window film ?

My current Jolion in Grey( a light grey ) came with a 3M film worth 11k ( Hybrid I think it is called ) 40% front and back and 60% all round, nothing on the sunroof. As it is a light coloured car with lots of chrome the light coloured film looks okay.

On the Seal i will be looking at de-chroming ( badges and wheels ) so will be looking at a blacker window film with a similar 40% front/back, 60% all round and the max on the roof .

Courtesy of @Bandersnatch, here’s the films offered by the showroom.

IMG_1721.jpeg.ead97b38ce37c7c575f7a93291c45ecb.jpeg

Banders wasn’t impressed with the Hi Kool Black on his MG so I might splash out on the Solar Gard Black Phantom 

as a black(er) film on the Seal, will be more aesthetically pleasing imho.

At 23,500 baht I wonder if that includes the glass roof ?

Solar Gard had a promotion price, basically doing the roof for free, not sure if still available.

IMG_1725.thumb.jpeg.4b0f888628fad0ccaffd03edc5109cb8.jpeg

Any thoughts on Solar Gard gents ??

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any recommendations for window film ?

Window film:

I installed Midas. Imported from the USA. Supposedly very good. Who knows? Certainly not me, but I'm happy with it.

60% all round; 80% on the roof.

Looks dark from the outside but easy to see through even at night. It's photochromic. Not cheap.

• Thanks 2

BTW - did you know that you should also break-in the speakers?

from one audiophile Internet source:

'How Long To Break In Speakers? Be patient. It can 20-30 hours for new speakers to break in and reach their full potential. Don't be discouraged if they don't sound perfect from the start - give them some time and they'll eventually reach that point.'

Begs the question - when car testers comment on the audio of a car, were the speakers properly broken in? or was there one ghetto blaster first in line, cranking the system to 150 and trashing the sound speakers before they ever had a chance to develop their full potential?

Do you care? or do you rather hum your own tunes........?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So some are able to get the update to remove the synthetic engine sound at the showroom ……. hopefully it applies to all colours 🤔

IMG_1727.thumb.jpeg.482e9a4ee459b35269d010f0b7171a34.jpeg

Yes, I'd heard about this. Good to have it confirmed.

This is great news as those sounds are really annoying. They always sound below 33kph and are far too loud!. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Courtesy of @Bandersnatch, here’s the films offered by the showroom.

If you are going to spend over ฿20k on film I would also investing in a digital laser thermometer and some kitchen foil

Take a sample of the film you are thinking of buying and a piece of foil and measure the temperature of both in direct sunlight.

The foil should record ambient temperature, a good film should do the same 

IMG_2729.thumb.jpeg.530b5f4400d8742b2b8eba0f89d931c2.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

this video, available only in thai, shows some interesting facts, tricks and features for the byd seal ...

https://youtu.be/zzlRylkvyCQ?si=vRTzXVULx1YO6rPf

Thanks for this. I cannot understand Thai but I can tell this has some interesting information.

It's great that he shows how to use the emergency key.

I will go through it again with a translator at my side.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Thanks for this. I cannot understand Thai but I can tell this has some interesting information.

It's great that he shows how to use the emergency key.

I will go through it again with a translator at my side.

I was planning to do a video on the mechanical key, but as it requires 2 hands I will have to schedule an appointment with my assistant camera operator

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

this video, available only in thai, shows some interesting facts, tricks and features for the byd seal ...

https://youtu.be/zzlRylkvyCQ?si=vRTzXVULx1YO6rPf

Thanks for the link, some good stuff - and the guy elevates the annoying Thai squeeecky voice to another level yet........lol  :crazy:

Did I understand that right - the 12V battery is Li-Ion, not the ordinary lead acid car battery?

52 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Thanks for the link, some good stuff - and the guy elevates the annoying Thai squeeecky voice to another level yet........lol  :crazy:

Did I understand that right - the 12V battery is Li-Ion, not the ordinary lead acid car battery?

According to this photo ( taken in a Thai showroom shortly after Seal was released ) it is an LFP battery. ( which kind of of goes with the European manual which calls it a starter iron battery )

IMG_1729.jpeg.d13045c72172617fe8a66facdb02852f.jpeg

What advantages this has over a lead acid I don’t know.

Anyone ??

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1