BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Did you get the housing back ok?

Yes light pressure all the way around and click. Getting underneath it getting it off is the problem. I got a YouTube comment. - didn’t look that hard, he didn’t see the struggle off camera to get it started

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

Might not be in HD yet

Thanks for that, on the videos I have seen the cover plate is fully removed and that small “ key “ piece is removed to enable this.

None of the videos, I have seen show the key piece being removed only snapped back into place so presumably it’s difficult to remove and videoing is paused while they struggle with it.

But , well done.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Might not be in HD yet

Well done. I am not sure if I would trust someone to do this for me unless he had already successfully installed a few of them before me.

I love the neatness of the completed job, the fact that it is integrated into the infotainment screen and the built in micro SD card down below.

What I don’t love: The absence of a rear camera.

I'd love to know why it isn't already factory fitted. Must be something legal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently in the U.K. the Atto 3 didn’t come with the dash cam camera or even the cable, but once diy cable and camera are fit the software can be enabled and used as normal, very strange and agree must be some legal reasons.

Here is a diy video on fitting the camera and cable to an Atto 3 in the U.K., it does give a clearer view on removing the cameras plastic cover.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:22 PM, Pib said:

Good luck....maybe some stuff like below would work good if they have in Thailand.  

https://www.uppf.com/en-spf70.html

My installer can fit this, he says it's 2,700 baht per metre and he needs 2 metres, he's quoted 8,000 baht to complete the job.  I think that's a little pricey, I will see how I get on with the car first.

• Thanks 1

I think there is HUGE profit in vehicle film.  Kinda like the crazy high prices of women's cosmetics....mass produce it for a few baht, put it in a fancy jar that costs more to make than the contents, give it a fancy name, and then sell it at a crazy high price....HUGE profit.  

• Like 1

70Mai A800S dash cam plus rear camera installed. Pretty neat, easy job although I didn’t do the installation myself. Doing it myself would likely put me in a bad mood!

I didn’t bother with the A810 as that has features I don’t need.

The sunroof shade has been installed, never to be uninstalled. I was concerned the cable going to the rear camera might hamper the installation, but no, it didn’t cause any problems.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, macahoom said:

70Mai A800S dash cam plus rear camera installed. Pretty neat, easy job although I didn’t do the installation myself. Doing it myself would likely put me in a bad mood!

I didn’t bother with the A810 as that has features I don’t need.

The sunroof shade has been installed, never to be uninstalled. I was concerned the cable going to the rear camera might hamper the installation, but no, it didn’t cause any problems.

Did you have it hard wired ?

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Space Grey looks a different colour every time i see one ( showroom and photos etc ) today in the flesh it looked decidedly blue

Are you sure it's the space grey you've seen? It always looks grey to me.

The velocity blue subtly changes colour; sometimes looks blue, sometimes grey, sometimes purplish, sometimes violetish.

26 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In lieu of my own car i have been playing Seal spotting to see which colours are most popular.

Seen two in white ( could have been the same car twice I admit ) and one in grey so far round our way.

It is a fairly frivolous activity but keeps me occupied !!

Initial reactions:

It looks extremely wide and low when seen head on .

The Space Grey looks a different colour every time i see one ( showroom and photos etc ) today in the flesh it looked decidedly blue ……. but still gorgeous !!

I don’t think the number on the roads represents popularity.

The dealer in Chiang Mai told me he could get white or black immediately, blue and grey he said 3 months, but I think he was pushing me to take the white or black one, I didn’t tell him that I’d already ordered one in Chiang Rai.

The Space Grey looks blue to me too

Edited by JBChiangRai
Spelting

58 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Are you sure it's the space grey you've seen? It always looks grey to me.

The velocity blue subtly changes colour; sometimes looks blue, sometimes grey, sometimes purplish, sometimes violetish.

Definitely the Space Grey and i would say that it changes colour exactly as you have described, the velocity blue is a light blue end of , but I have only seen one in a mall.

48 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I don’t think the number on the roads represents popularity.

The dealer in Chiang Mai told me he could get white or black immediately, blue and grey he said 3 months, but I think he was pushing me to take the white or black one, I didn’t tell him that I’d already ordered one in Chiang Rai.

The Space Grey looks blue to me too

Okay then, availability !

Black seems to be still available, in Performance or Dynamic, around our way and on many FB showroom ads, but then again they could have just imported more.

Just saw a Black Seal about 40 mins ago, looking good even if it was getting dark.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

12 hours ago, macahoom said:

My car is velocity blue.

Okay, am not doubting you.

I think we must all see colours slightly different, I haven’t seen the velocity blue enough to see the changes of colour but I do see it with the space grey, I also see it with the Frost White Atto 3 near my home which at times I see a blue or purplish tinge .

In fact I wouldn’t call the space grey a grey at all and I see it more predominantly blue !!

Maybe I should have gone to Specsavers ?

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, am not doubting you.

I think we must all see colours slightly different, I haven’t seen the velocity blue enough to see the changes of colour but I do see it with the space grey, I also see it with the Frost White Atto 3 near my home which at times I see a blue or purplish tinge .

In fact I wouldn’t call the space grey a grey at all and I see it more predominantly blue !!

Maybe I should have gone to Specsavers ?

For me Space Grey is not Grey at all, it's a deep ocean blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

For me Space Grey is not Grey at all, it's a deep ocean blue.

Okay, I'll pay more attention next time I see grey ones under differing ambient light. We drove beside one two days ago and it was very grey.

My girlfriend is still saying (about our velocity blue), "What colour's the car today?"