BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

Now this is something that has always bugged me but with the Seal’s higher tyre pressures spurred me into action.

Around where i live has always been a bit scarce for pumping the tyres up to the correct pressure and on occasion have used Be-Quik or gas stations further afield.

On this occasion i endeavoured to top up the tyres locally and it was the  final straw:

1st gas station couldn’t achieve over 35 psi.

2nd gas station was “ out of order “

3rd gas station had connected hose to valve adapter with a huge butterfly type clip making it unusable.

4th gas station worked but was 3 psi out of calibration ( despite my allowance for hot tyres ).

Decided to try the BYD air pump ( supplied with the car ) minus the foam:

This worked but the gauge only reads to 40 psi and the needle vibrates so much it is laughable.

My hand pump ( originally used for the bicycles ) would also work but the gauge shows a much higher value.

The Seal tyre pressure monitor does not reset immediately so wasn’t helpful.

My hand held pressure gauge was far from accurate , although it has a dial the adapter is the same as those “ pen size “ pressure checkers and only achieved a loss of air every time I attempted a reading.

What I need is a digital air pump i told myself and opened the good ol’ Lazada app.

Now the cheapest air pumps ( one shaped like a hand held temp gun and the other like a power bank ) only achieve 2.5bar ( 36 psi ) despite saying “ support 150 psi “ !! …… buyers beware !

But there was a couple of more expensive ones, a Xiaomi and a 70Mai ( i thought 70Mai were part of Xiaomi ? ), anyway, after owning a 70Mai dash cam i knew they were good quality stuff and plumped for one at 630 baht !

What a thing of beauty and so easy to use, set the pressure you want and turn it on , very quick also, with a proper screw on adapter not those cam lever types.

IMG_4114.thumb.jpeg.6fb283d7fbc3bb3d8c4fe450629baf94.jpeg

IMG_4115.thumb.jpeg.96e393cf330a4a0e4b1cb60f4a88fe3e.jpeg

So, the wife uses the scooter mainly to take the boy to college and the girl to the market. As it had been a while since I had checked the pressures (should be front 29 and rear 33 psi) i decided to use my new toy ……… 65 psi front and 70 psi rear !! …… no comment 😶 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Nice number and plate !!

I changed mine to black to suit the license plate support also with perspex.

If i remember rightly the plate holder came with 4 screws, so was sorted.

IMG_2947.thumb.jpeg.2a13ee19ce5cec9188cd9656bf216290.jpeg

Lucky plates in BKK are bit more expensive than Surin 🫣

IMG_4199.jpeg.4bd153b6e3a1e923a4aee68e3ad24bfe.jpeg

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems to be the latest OTA update is good for nothing, will contact BYD how to downgrade again to the old Version. The Touchscreen is not responding like it was before, Voice Assistant is not responding or does not understand and the volume of Alarms is far too low.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Seems to be the latest OTA update is good for nothing, will contact BYD how to downgrade again to the old Version. The Touchscreen is not responding like it was before, Voice Assistant is not responding or does not understand and the volume of Alarms is far too low.

I noticed voice assist as rather strange compared to before, too - maybe it needs to be trained again?

I remember in the early days of 'voice command' on MB and VAG vehicles, it had to be trained to get any semblance of usable operation.