Prime Minister “sets record straight” on Thai Enquirer editorial

webfact

4 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I see he has two people near him in the photo to ensure he says what they instructed him to say. Sigh.

If you can find the post of several days ago where he said that the army was returning some 9,600 rai to landless farmers, I think you will find it is the same photo but cropped a bit.

• Thanks 1

Lastly, I am the Prime Minister from PTP, elected by the people and endorsed by the parliament. Please do not undermine the voice of the people. If I am only a puppet, I am a puppet of the people.

Ain't this a bit of a laugh.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Deeper indeed. Elected by the people ? Really ?

How is the prime minister elected in Thailand?

Candidates do not have to be a member of parliament (MP). Parliament's vote for Prime Minister will take place in a joint session with the 250-seat Senate appointed by the junta, according to the constitution's provisional terms. 

Seem that he was indeed elected in accordance to constitution. 
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From his tweet

Lastly, I am the Prime Minister from PTP, elected by the people and endorsed by the parliament. Please do not undermine the voice of the people. If I am only a puppet, I am a puppet of the people.

A threat, wrapped in a passive-aggressive comment.

He's not a stooge or a puppet, but he is working his way up to Bufoon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

The constitution is the junta charter. The People did not vote in the junta.

No argument from me that the 2017 is a highly skewed military constitution. It was thrusted down the throats of the people. My point is that the election was conducted within the legal framework of the constitution and the election was thereby legit. Do not like the junta and the government but glad that we now have a legit elected government. The 2017 constitution will be re-written and the next election will not have the participation of the senates. Thailand should move forward to such principle of democracy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

If you can find the post of several days ago where he said that the army was returning some 9,600 rai to landless farmers, I think you will find it is the same photo but cropped a bit.

Without a doubt still looking like a homeless Ronald McDonald.🙃🙃