Which gift has your partner appreciated the most?

Keeps

3 hours ago, NextG said:

Seems like you are the Golden Calf that she brought to the village. Everyone wants a piece and she feels ‘entitled’. Doesn’t seem like a good situation for you. 

That was long ago in another life lol. She was definitely entitled. I live in the city now, as much as I loved the village I lived in I don't do villages or temples anymore

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

That was long ago in another life lol. She was definitely entitled. I live in the city now, as much as I loved the village I lived in I don't do villages or temples anymore

You managed to get away 😊

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Took me 5 years, got shod of her 5 years ago. Still ghosting me today....but only when she is in the shet of course lol. Left me with a 3 month old son. One of 4 kids she abandoned to others. Lied to me about everything before I came here. Only found out she had 3 other kids when  I saw her Tabien baan. She couldn't tell me because she knew I wouldn't accept it...like it was kinda my fault as they do 😂 last I heard she had HIV and working in a bar in Pattaya. Anyway, no regrets as bitter as I must sound. Been an interesting ride and have enjoyed every minute of watching my son grow.

You got out alive. Every new day is an opportunity to create new memories and experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Took me 5 years, got shod of her 5 years ago. Still ghosting me today....but only when she is in the shet of course lol. Left me with a 3 month old son. One of 4 kids she abandoned to others. Lied to me about everything before I came here. Only found out she had 3 other kids when  I saw her Tabien baan. She couldn't tell me because she knew I wouldn't accept it...like it was kinda my fault as they do 😂 last I heard she had HIV and working in a bar in Pattaya. Anyway, no regrets as bitter as I must sound. Been an interesting ride and have enjoyed every minute of watching my son grow.

Good on you. Your son is lucky to have a father like yourself. Must have been a very distressing time for you. Of course you will be bitter. Who wouldn't? You seem to have come through it well though. Onwards and upwards and all that b*llocks. Good luck to you both. Is there a new lady in your life if you don't mind the question?

• Like 1

With a Behavioral Psychology and having lived in Thailand long enough.             

They do appreciate the gifts but the giver is believed to receive good luck in return.  Also Thai people are generally more introverted and so less dramatic outward appreciation.

Lastly, Thai people do not have strong math or Value of money abilities.  From some regions of Thailand parents have not taught them how to plan, save, budget or how to avoid the psychological marketing appearance of value.  Buy 1 Get 1 but the price is higher on the 1 item than it's original price.  

Buying small gifts for their family that they need or makes life easier for their parents seems to make my girl happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Keeps said:

Good on you. Your son is lucky to have a father like yourself. Must have been a very distressing time for you. Of course you will be bitter. Who wouldn't? You seem to have come through it well though. Onwards and upwards and all that b*llocks. Good luck to you both. Is there a new lady in your life if you don't mind the question?

Distressing an understatement...the full story would make your hair curl lol. New lady last 4 years who also has a son the same age as mine. Wonderful little guy couldn't say enough about him. Spent his first couple of years living hard in a village and appreciates every single thing he has. He is smart, super caring, helpful and wants to learn everything and learns fast too. Most responsible kid I have ever come across and my son and him as close as any real brothers could be. He is what you would expect from a village girl that has had a hard life and appreciative of a new life, good family and security in her life. If only my girl was 50% the same! 5555. She is a good person, not greedy or too selfish. Both mom and dad passed and no real close family so no hangers on. But there is a moody, entitled, hormonal 12yo girl lurking in there. Probably as good as it gets here and that's not saying much really. I do 90% of everything including taking care of the kids and paying for everything of course. In reality she is like having an extra kid. If I didn't have my son I would see no reason to have a relationship here...in fact I liken it to tying a wet bag of cement around your neck, dragging it behind you and paying for the privilege as well. The village type girls I have come across .....putting all the entitled ness, greedy family stuff, moodiness etc aside....at best bring very little to the table. In fairness / some ways they just aren't capable....they don't have the life experience, education and lets face it there is an evolution lag in the mix there somewhere. Most have little or no initiative, interests....ability to develop and grow outside of social media or the latest kiddy games. Finding a proper life partner, who was interested in the growth, development, prosperity of her general family (husband, kids etc) rather than trying to only increase her own wealth with as little effort as possible or extracting from someone else (Us) IMO needle in a haystack stuff.  I know Thai families here (Thai husband / Wife) where the wife does take control of these things, works tirelessly to put her kids through Uni, better her family etc. The demographic we seem to attract might be good looking or whatever but in real terms the bottom of society looking for a free ride, easy money. I have had relationships with professionals and more educated women and in some ways better but really the only difference is higher debts / outstanding loans and a greater need for money. Older women you would think better but seeing some of my mates relationships they seem to be the worse particularly for gambling...and gambling the house and assets a way. A very familiar story in Isaan. 

Anyway, it is what it is and you have to accept it if you want a younger good looking woman. An old guy said to me once, no good complaining they are stupid or lazy....Think yourself lucky....if they weren't this way they wouldn't be interested in us old codgers     🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Keeps said:

I gave my GF some packing cubes/dividers for packing hers clothes in her suitcase for when we travel. It wasn't a gift, just practical as I use them myself. She thought they were an absolute revelation! One for her t-shirts, one for her knickers etc. She was genuinely pleased with them which surprised me. She's also happy when I bring her cotton traders polo shirts or lightweight blouses from Marks and Spencers. Small, inexpensive gifts but she does appreciate them.

Never buys me anything in return though 😂

LOL. My wife bought me a bicycle for my birthday, but I had to give her the money to buy it.

She always put in an order for mascara of a brand not available in LOS when I went back to home country- damn expensive stuff even duty free.

She did say thank you, but that was as far as it went.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but a kid that is legal for sex, assuming she still does. My petulant kid in women's skin didn't even do that much for me and got a divorce as a result.

Found most of them here with a few exceptions to be the one aspect of the relationship they do take care of dilligently. But like most women around the workd....the hotter they are in the sack the crazier they are to live with lol. One of Gods cruel ironies. As normal blokes I am sure most of us as my grandmother would say would be happy with full bellies and empty b@ll$....a nice smile and pleasant demeanor a bonus too. Then who cares about the housework etc. Unfortunately I need a little more substance having a child that will need taking care of in the future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I can hardly think anything other meaningful gift for a Thai partner than "house, car, motorbike, gold, money etc."...:whistling:

I'm with NextG on that one. Incredibly sad. Possibly lacking in imagination or just very tight?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Keeps said:

I'm with NextG on that one. Incredibly sad. Possibly lacking in imagination or just very tight?

Both of you seems to be lacking humor; sad – indeed it must be sad to live a life like that...:whistling:

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Both of you seems to be lacking humor; sad – indeed it must be sad to live a life like that...:whistling:

Fair enough, taken out of context. My apologies.