Thailand Combats Violence Against Women and Children

snoop1130

Good article BUT sadly of little use to ordinary families as too often Thai Egos and Thai Culture override normal behaviour . Seen too often the so-called MAN of the house does exactly what he wants and the WIFE has to pick up the pieces, you only have to look at how many broken families there are where the man just walks away without a single care or punishment or even cost.

On the surface people will laud the efforts buty the public will know the truth nothing will happen just money spent and plaudits said. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

I think they will need much more than a month for that, as it´s very deep rooted what men believe they can do to their wife´s in Thailand.

Nor just wives. The number of reports we see of violence towards any female that reject them says a lot for there fragile egos. I think the 4000 reported incidents is the tip of the iceberg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

It's not mentioned they need only 1 month. Read carefully. It helps.

Sure it does not clearly state they need only one month, but it looks like they will only put focus on it during November. Or how do you understand the start of it all?

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

November has been designated as a month to focus on eradicating violence against children, women, and families in Thailand.

It´s like have it all in the first sentence. Also, I have the years of experience in Thailand and how long they really focus on things, as well as how much they just lift out things in the light to look good and after that never hear anything more and no results at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

Nor just wives. The number of reports we see of violence towards any female that reject them says a lot for there fragile egos. I think the 4000 reported incidents is the tip of the iceberg.

True! Just that domestic violence always get more hidden. It would be a much higher number for the total if we had reports on all.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

November has been designated as a month to focus on eradicating violence against children, women, and families in Thailand.

Is that All ?

What about the rest off the year the other 11 Months it doesn't matter?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

More Thai bashing from the ignorant... statistically Thailand falls in the middle worldwide... Violence against women: the statistics around the world | ActionAid UK

I saw no stats or other numbers regarding Thailand  DV in the article you cite. Can you help this ignorant person out and show where it is hidden? Much of what I have heard is anecdotal or from the news, but my perception is that Thailand has more than its share of domestic violence, tho no where near as high as the middle east

10 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I saw no stats or other numbers regarding Thailand  DV in the article you cite. Can you help this ignorant person out and show where it is hidden? Much of what I have heard is anecdotal or from the news, but my perception is that Thailand has more than its share of domestic violence, tho no where near as high as the middle east

It's there... go back and read

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

eradicating violence against children, women, and families in Thailand

How about eradicating violence against everyone?

Or is it ok when men attack other men?

And is it ok when women attack men with knifes - which seems to be not unusual.

• Like 1

The government will never get a handle on domestic abuse until they begin to censor the practice of it on television. Turn on any Thai soap opera and you will see the hisos slapping around their hired help and men slapping around their wives and girlfriends. I once heard a Thai soap producer say that they're only portraying what they see in the culture, and that's a big fat lie. What they are actually doing is shaping culture! When mostly uneducated people see things on TV and in the movies, that becomes their standard of behavior because they actually believe it is acceptable since they saw it on the big screen. The same goes for violence in general on the screen. It turns otherwise semi-normal people into violent humans. However, the government loves it because it gives the military and the police a reason to exist in such huge numbers. It's job security for them if the public can stay scared to death of every imagined boogeyman waiting around the corner to rob them, murder them, rape them or just beat them within an inch of their lives. 

Edited by fittobethaied
forgot a word for clarity

Alright. I agree to take the rest of the month off from beating my Thai wife. December will be a blood bath. Lol 555. Please don’t take this comment seriously. Just joking.  I will bind and gag her fir November and give her two black eyes for Christmas. 
Seriously, what kind of country does this?  Don’t beat your wife or children for 30 days?  Then green lights for the rest of the year?  TIT