Germany grants 16 billion baht to Thailand for climate change projects

webfact

51 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I once worked on a project which was financed by Germany.

One company (or organization?) in Thailand was looking for projects to sponsor with the German money.

It seems they found some agriculture ministry office which possibly could use some software.

Then they hired a company to do that software.

And that company hired me to do the actual work.

I was paid well, but I am pretty sure I didn't even get half of what Germany paid for this project.

A wonderful opportunity for layers of layers of people and companies to make lots of money... 

It seems like a giant money laundering operation.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Smart Thais

will the Agriculture Minister have any control over the dispersement the funds, i wonder as forest/rice stubble burning and PM2.5 levels would be a priority

Edited by tandor

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

It seems like a giant money laundering operation.

I wouldn't call it money laundering.

But I am pretty sure if the German taxpayers knew that maybe 70% or more of that money gets lost in administration, then maybe they would think twice about that.

But then, it seems most of what is done now is about looking good. We support XYZ with x million. We are the good guys. Whatever happens with that money, who really cares? 

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I wouldn't call it money laundering.

But I am pretty sure if the German taxpayers knew that maybe 70% or more of that money gets lost in administration, then maybe they would think twice about that.

But then, it seems most of what is done now is about looking good. We support XYZ with x million. We are the good guys. Whatever happens with that money, who really cares? 

Most charities 60 to 70% admin

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I once worked on a project which was financed by Germany.

One company (or organization?) in Thailand was looking for projects to sponsor with the German money.

It seems they found some agriculture ministry office which possibly could use some software.

Then they hired a company to do that software.

And that company hired me to do the actual work.

I was paid well, but I am pretty sure I didn't even get half of what Germany paid for this project.

A wonderful opportunity for layers of layers of people and companies to make lots of money... 

This is the Way

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is set to receive a significant contribution of 422 million euros (16 billion baht) from Germany, intended to fund various projects addressing climate change impacts.

Well we all know where that will end up.... ludicrous.

Wow! That is some trough!

I hope Berlin's keeping close tabs on where it all goes to.

Although to be fair it probably will be monitored - Thai corruption is legendary throughout German society and government.

Edited by BusyB
  • Thumbs Up 1