American woman sexually assaulted in Bangkok

snoop1130

7 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

Man, a lot of you guys are sick individuals. Always blaming the victim. It’s a shoddy news article as always, by thai-ger, but maybe he was to sleep on the sofa or in a separate bedroom.  

if a female says no, it means no. Reading a lot of the comments almost made me vomit. 🤮. I only was able to read a handful before I felt anxiety and sick to my stomach.  Pedos and rapists or nayone that defends this guy, please go home. Sick. 

Maybe you should read more and learn more, rather than making yourself sick before the lesson endeth…

The is most certainly more to the story than your sick imagination. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In no way at all am I making any excuses for sexual assault, it is never appropriate under any circumstances. But why on Earth would the woman invite a complete stranger to stay over her house? This makes no sense. Sleep is probably the time in our lives where we are the most vulnerable, all bets are off, anything could happen.

One has to think in terms of survival and one has to engage in self protection at all times. She did not. 

Do you imagine it was her first time? Looks like a working girl to me. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Rape is rape. 

From what one can gather from the story she must have had a level of control, she had no trouble getting him out of the room for instance, she wasn't physically hurt, this could be a case of post coital regret preceded by a misunderstanding. There are grounds for failed communication, American English, Chinese English coupled with Thai English during the police interrogation, certainly careful consideration is needed before locking someone up for many years.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, balo said:

Don't blame the woman , she is the innocent victim here.

Remember we are living in a woke world where men have no rights anymore. 

You're suggesting the Chinese guy's prosecution is because "men have no rights anymore."  Having a hard time understanding any other meaning to your comment.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, we are all not perfect. However, many try to respect different or opposite opinions but not you. It's a pitty.

And you are the one who posted "I don't know anything" ?

Where is your respect?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, balo said:

Don't blame the woman , she is the innocent victim here.

Remember we are living in a woke world where men have no rights anymore. 

Oh, boo hoo. Men (especially Christian white men) are the most oppressed demographic on the planet (?) Gimme a break ...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Oh, boo hoo. Men (especially Christian white men) are the most oppressed demographic on the planet (?) Gimme a break ...

Off-topic nonsense. It’s a Chinese male in this instance. No one is speaking up because he is male or even because he is Chinese…. but because the story stinks 😷 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/8/2023 at 6:14 AM, Ms Tigger said:

"She was asking for it", "Tinder's a hookup site", "She knew what she was doing", will you guys get a grip and grow up!! Even if all the above, which pretty damn nearly, have been quoted in posts were true, if (and I say this again), if she withdrew her consent at ANY time then it's rape, or at least sexual assault, pure and simple.

Any of you who think any different to that makes you someone who any women would be right to be concerned about dating and, it has to be said, make's you a potential sex offender......

just think about it please.

I hesitate to respond as I’ll no doubt be accused of all sorts of sexism and worse. But here goes. Yes, the man is in the wrong. If indeed she told him no, then he he should have respected that.

But a single woman living alone, inviting a man she just met for the first time in a bar to stay the night at her place is, at best, engaging in extremely foolish behaviour. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I hesitate to respond as I’ll no doubt be accused of all sorts of sexism and worse. But here goes. Yes, the man is in the wrong. If indeed she told him no, then he he should have respected that.

But a single woman living alone, inviting a man she just met for the first time in a bar to stay the night at her place is, at best, engaging in extremely foolish behaviour. 

How do you know the man is in the wrong? How do you know that she told him no? 
Telling someone that you have to get up for work in the morning is not a “no!”  
I just see people jumping on a bandwagon, rather than actually caring about, you know…reality. 

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Perhaps the woman was foolish, or naïve, or gullible, or too trustworthy; who knows. I myself wouldn’t recommend that any female friend of mine do the same thing. But the problem here is, by saying “Yes, the guy shouldn’t have done it, *but the woman ...*,” you’re engaging in a sort of false equivalence, pivoting the story to lay some blame on the woman, who after all is the victim here. Why not say instead, “Yes, the guy shouldn’t have done it [in this case, he’s already confessed to sexual assault], *and I hope the woman gets her day in court and doesn’t suffer any long-lasting trauma from the experience.*”

I’m not referring to you (charmonman), but the majority of people posting here twist the story completely around to lay most if not all of the blame on the woman, as though by her giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, that gave him a god-given right as a male animal to attack her. This I find sickening.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NextG said:

How do you know the man is in the wrong? How do you know that she told him no? 
Telling someone that you have to get up for work in the morning is not a “no!”  
I just see people jumping on a bandwagon, rather than actually caring about, you know…reality. 

....you mean the reality that you just made up in your own head, right.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

....you mean the reality that you just made up in your own head, right.

No. I asked questions. Can you not see them? Do you have answers to them? No, you don’t and neither does anyone else here. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, NextG said:

No. I asked questions. Can you not see them? Do you have answers to them? No, you don’t and neither does anyone else here. 

For the billionth time, the man already confessed to sexually assaulting the woman! What don't you get about that?

Just now, Cory1848 said:

For the billionth time, the man already confessed to sexually assaulting the woman! What don't you get about that?

No, he didn’t. That’s just your assumption. He confessed to having sexual contact with her and said that he went there for sex. 
Remember these things are translated from Thai language. You’ll see horrible mistakes in the transcript if you take a look. That’s normal. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

"Telling someone that you have to get up for work in the morning is not a “no!”  

That is not asking a question.

22 minutes ago, NextG said:

No, he didn’t. That’s just your assumption. He confessed to having sexual contact with her and said that he went there for sex. 
Remember these things are translated from Thai language. You’ll see horrible mistakes in the transcript if you take a look. That’s normal. 

The article said that she reported a sexual assault, that the police had enough evidence to arrest and detain the guy, and that somewhere during this time he confessed to “the crime,” which is “sexual assault.” I assume the article was written in English; the writer is Thai, and I assume they are able to read police reports in Thai and translate them correctly into English. To confess is <สารภาพ>. Sexual assault is <การล่วงละเมิดทางเพศ>. It would be hard to mistranslate either of those words. Those are my assumptions. You’re assuming that Thai cops and Thai reporters don’t know how to do their jobs, in an effort to impose your own male-centric narrative on this whole sorry incident. If you have access to the Thai-language police reports, go wild, and if you find errors showing that the man is in fact innocent, I’ll profusely apologize. Meantime, basta.

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

'American Woman Sexually Assaulted' - the clue's in there somewhere - and before you pull the ethnicity stuff, I'm pretty sure that all enthicities in the USA know what Tinder's about.

What if she was Asian, but with a US passport, genius?

Don’t get your knickers in a twist, you are preaching to the converted..

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

What if she was Asian, but with a US passport, genius?

Don’t get your knickers in a twist, you are preaching to the converted..

As I said....... it doesn't matter about the ethicity.  Its pretty certain but not definite that, if she's a US citizen, she's spent time in the US.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

As I said....... it doesn't matter about the ethicity.  Its pretty certain but not definite that, if she's a US citizen, she's spent time in the US.

Are you arguing with someone who might be agreeing with you? ☺️

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

The article said that she reported a sexual assault, that the police had enough evidence to arrest and detain the guy, and that somewhere during this time he confessed to “the crime,” which is “sexual assault.” I assume the article was written in English; the writer is Thai, and I assume they are able to read police reports in Thai and translate them correctly into English. To confess is <สารภาพ>. Sexual assault is <การล่วงละเมิดทางเพศ>. It would be hard to mistranslate either of those words. Those are my assumptions. You’re assuming that Thai cops and Thai reporters don’t know how to do their jobs, in an effort to impose your own male-centric narrative on this whole sorry incident. If you have access to the Thai-language police reports, go wild, and if you find errors showing that the man is in fact innocent, I’ll profusely apologize. Meantime, basta.

I’m not concerned if you apologise or not. It’s just a discussion on the Internet and has no bearing on the outcome. I’m just amused by your somewhat  pitiful ‘analysis’. 

• Confused 1