Tourist police novelty farang

georgegeorgia

12 minutes ago, roger101 said:

What happened to Howard?

Last I recall he owned a  Pattaya newspaper or was it another media ?

I think then he got into bar business?

Then he announced,must be what.....6. -7 years ago he was going back to the UK with his Thai wife , 

I could be wrong but that's what I remember 

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

,are they still advertising for volunteers?

From my experience, no (not now). Pre-pandemic when I left Thailand, the TP office in Khon Kaen recruited local Thai volunteers to replace foreign ex-pats as their numbers decreased. There were just 3 of us remaining - one Brit (me), one Japanese and one German. Several Chinese students from KK University were also recruited as part of their degree course in Tourism. Our job description changed, especially in latter years under PM Prayut. Militarisation crept in - we eventually had our own team!  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bbko said:

Over the years, I've had some barstool conversations with other farangs about farang police volunteers, most seem to think the farangs are rats, sniches, lowlifes, etc.  Why is that?

IMO they are ok guys, never had a bad interaction with one over the past 17 years.

Maybe have something to do with your beer buddies?

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Funny...the same morons would be the first to scream for help from the police.

Bs,   from the usual bs morons on AN.

Fully paid up,  big members of the traitors society.  

Edited by quake

A couple of very well known long term AN members were once Tourist Police, this discussion has been had many times. They joined the Tourist Police for the same reason many older guys joined AN, because they want to help others and do something constructive with their time. Some posters in this thread might consider doing the same!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 10:57 AM, bbko said:

farang police volunteers, most seem to think the farangs are rats, sniches, lowlifes, etc.  Why is that?

Their grandmothers had the living garbage beaten out of them for not wearing masks on a park bench could be one of a dozen reasons. 

Most cops at home are cowards, but the court system did that to them by setting up the revolving door for criminals.  Grannies don't fight back or carry weapons, so they're easy targets.  Criminals know their rights and the cops treat them with a lot more respect.