The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

8 minutes ago, transam said:

A sad day for our fallen, a day when we Brits show respect for those who gave their lives for our country.

The Israel conflict has nothing to do with Remembrance Day..

They could have done their march at any other time, but no, they are just showing disrespect for our Military Fallen.........

Bloody shameful, and bloody shameful that our Government doesn't show some balls.......In a way I hope the lads get out on the streets in case this rabble gets out of hand.....

Lest We Forget Paintings for Sale - Fine Art America

By all means, let’s remember the fallen:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/the-forgotten-muslim-heroes-of-the-first-world-war-1.738030?outputType=amp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You would do well by stopping putting words into other posters mouths, you have done it to me quite a few times now, should you wish to twist my words do not expect an answer from me, it is disingenuous and dishonest and if that is how you conduct yourself on a forum it is disgraceful. Can you not debate in a social and proper manner, silly question I know but I felt I had to ask it. Bye. 🥱

I look forward to you providing evidence of what words I have put in your mouth.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are compelling arguments that the motivation for the Hamas terrorist attack was to create the war that is now taking place, thereby destroying the diplomatic efforts to bring Arab Nations to a peaceful and accepting accommodation with Israel, in particular Saudi Arabia.

I and others have discussed, in other threads, the callous disregard Hamas displayed for innocent lives on both sides of the Israel Gaza border.

[Edit]

The most active supporter of Hamas is Iran.

I don’t recommend referring to an Iranian as an ‘Arab’ or to Iran as an ‘Arab State’ to the face of an Iranian.

You may be right about Hamas, if that was their ultimate goal it may well succeed. Sadly, it shows how fragile any form of peace or co-existence really was in the area. All it took was one shove and all came tumbling down like a house of cards.

• Like 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

You may be right about Hamas, if that was their ultimate goal it may well succeed. Sadly, it shows how fragile any form of peace or co-existence really was in the area. All it took was one shove and all came tumbling down like a house of cards.

To be frank, it wasn’t simply ‘just one shove’.

The Hamas terrorist attack was by any measure a atrocity, layered upon far too many other atrocities.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, transam said:

A sad day for our fallen, a day when we Brits show respect for those who gave their lives for our country.

The Israel conflict has nothing to do with Remembrance Day..

They could have done their march at any other time, but no, they are just showing disrespect for our Military Fallen.........

Bloody shameful, and bloody shameful that our Government doesn't show some balls.......In a way I hope the lads get out on the streets in case this rabble gets out of hand.....

Lest We Forget Paintings for Sale - Fine Art America

A moving poem and tribute, written by one of my fellow countrymen, John McCrae. Sadly didn't survive the War himself either.

So, let the protesters come. And let the veterans and those who support them show how men take care of business.  I could see this being a tipping point, if any Remembrance Day ceremonies are disrupted there might well be a price to pay.

• Like 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

A moving poem and tribute, written by one of my fellow countrymen, John McCrae. Sadly didn't survive the War himself either.

So, let the protesters come. And let the veterans and those who support them show how men take care of business.  I could see this being a tipping point, if any Remembrance Day ceremonies are disrupted there might well be a price to pay.

Remembrance Day is Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I doubt that the Hamas effort, by itself, will have a long term effect on regional relations. Israel's official and unofficial relations with Arab and Muslim countries withstood quite a lot of this stuff - two wars in Lebanon, several rounds of fighting in the Gaza Strip, and the ongoing occupation of the West Bank. Some time after the dust settles, things go back to track - which is heading slowly the normalization way.

The issues that may derail it have more to do with the West Bank, than the Gaza Strip.

4 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Yes.  Rememberance day is Sunday in the UK.  

Armistice day is saturday, ceremonies at 11 am.  

The march on saturday doesn't start till after 11am.  And avoids going near the Cenotaph.

Armistice day reminds UK of the day a major war ended.  The protests want a current war to end.   Both about ending fighting.  

I don't understand why UK PM says the march is disrespectful.  Its as if he thinks it obvious.

Its not to me.

You sure that's all the protestors want? How about them 'river-to-the-sea' chants?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Yesterday reported on the front page of a UK national newspaper, how a 78 year old veteran selling poppies was attacked by people from a pro- Palestinian rally and bashed up in Edinburgh.

Poppy seller 'punched and kicked' during pro-Palestinian demo in Edinburgh

https://news.yahoo.com/poppy-seller-punched-kicked-during-110255410.html

39 minutes ago, Morch said:

You sure that's all the protestors want? How about them 'river-to-the-sea' chants?

I’ll ask you the same question I asked another member.

The current forecast is for 70,000 protestors to attend.

How many of this projected 70,000 must break the law (or engage in ‘river-to-the-sea chants’) for all 70,000 to be branded with the same?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Agree. Total disrespect. 

Saturday is Armistice Day and directly after is Remembrance Sunday. Many who want to visit and remember will want to travel and gather in London on Friday and Saturday. There are always several small reunions pre and post the parade but individually they won't number anything like 70,000 - or even 700 -these groups will be scattered about London and the people will be easily identifiable.

This weak policeman is full of <deleted>. He can request a ban on any/all other gatherings that may create public disorder, or worse. The pro Palestinians have been demonstrating for 3 weekends already. Recently there were arrests, fireworks shot at police and RBL poppy sellers harassed and assaulted in rail stations. 

There is a real threat of violence - all other gatherings should be banned for a couple of days - show some respect.

For the right to peacefully protest? The right to express one’s opposition to Government policy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are compelling arguments that the motivation for the Hamas terrorist attack was to create the war that is now taking place, thereby destroying the diplomatic efforts to bring Arab Nations to a peaceful and accepting accommodation with Israel, in particular Saudi Arabia.

I and others have discussed, in other threads, the callous disregard Hamas displayed for innocent lives on both sides of the Israel Gaza border.

[Edit]

The most active supporter of Hamas is Iran.

I don’t recommend referring to an Iranian as an ‘Arab’ or to Iran as an ‘Arab State’ to the face of an Iranian.

Is the term Muslim more acceptable?

Irrespective of the term used, I give groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah the same status I would give a rabid dog.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Thank you for your family member’s service.

I too am proud of my family members’ service. Sadly one didn’t survive but I’m very proud of his and their sacrifices.

It’s a very common story across the UK, the UK’s ally nations and of course across the former colonies of the British Empire.

We should all recognize and be grateful for the service and sacrifice of these people from many nations who fought for Britain and the freedoms people in Britain still enjoy.

Perhaps defending those freedoms is a good way to honor the sacrifices that paid so dearly for them.

All my family served including myself and if they saw the breakdown of law and order with these mindless hate filled anti semetics they would turn in their graves. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Thank you for your family member’s service.

I too am proud of my family members’ service. Sadly one didn’t survive but I’m very proud of his and their sacrifices.

It’s a very common story across the UK, the UK’s ally nations and of course across the former colonies of the British Empire.

We should all recognize and be grateful for the service and sacrifice of these people from many nations who fought for Britain and the freedoms people in Britain still enjoy.

Perhaps defending those freedoms is a good way to honor the sacrifices that paid so dearly for them.

Something at least we all can agree on.  Maybe, God forbid, even putting aside the petty squabbles we get so wrapped up in here. We get to fight with keyboards, not rifles, thanks to them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

All my family served including myself and if they saw the breakdown of law and order with these mindless hate filled anti semetics they would turn in their graves. 

What would they have to say about calls to deny the right to peaceful protest I wonder?

Thank you for their service.

• Thumbs Up 1