The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

If the protest, for example, brings a key speaker who goes on to incite the crowd, or if the lawlessness goes beyond what police can handily deal with. Just two easy hypothetical examples for problematic situations.

But you've basically made it clear that for you the answer is never. Alright. Each to his own.

I'm sure there are trouble makers on both sides.

Agent provocateur working for/against which side?

No I didn’t say ‘never’ even with a bit of ‘basically’ thrown in.

I’ve been very clear, I object to a Minister of State inflaming the situation.

I’ll clarify for you, I object to any political or public figure inflaming the situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like I say, strange bedfellows ;-)

The worst abuse I ever saw at a Spurs match was from West Ham fans, but that was some years ago and things change.

Once upon a time, when we was young, innocent and with little knowledge of such things cheerfully went into a Feyenoord joint after an Ajax win.

The sounds of the door shut and barred, then pain.

Lessons learned, dues paid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

All of them? Are you sure, or maybe such binary thinking makes a complex issue simple for you?

Here's a suggestion that might blow your mind - it's possible to object to the policies of the Israeli government without also objecting to the right of the country to exist.

I think people chanting river-to-the-sea make their views clear, even if they couldn't point to the river on a map.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Once upon a time, when we was young, innocent and with little knowledge of such things cheerfully went into a Feyenoord joint after an Ajax win.

The sounds of the door shut and barred, then pain.

Lessons learned, dues paid. 

I was once in an Edinburgh bar when England beat Scotland at Rugby with a drop kick and conversion in just before the whistle.

That’s not an experience I wish to repeat .

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I included the quote in my response.

You omitted to clarify who was throwing missiles at the police.

Sorry for calling out your sordid dishonesty.

Lol yea right when I cited where I read it.just so you could call me out. Go away. Pathetic 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I didn’t say ‘never’ even with a bit of ‘basically’ thrown in.

I’ve been very clear, I object to a Minister of State inflaming the situation.

I’ll clarify for you, I object to any political or public figure inflaming the situation.

Yeah, so if a political or public figure was to inflame the situation whilst the march/protest was on....would that detract from the protest or just the person in question? Do organizers and key speakers represent the protest? It's objectives?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Yeah, so if a political or public figure was to inflame the situation whilst the march/protest was on....would that detract from the protest or just the person in question? Do organizers and key speakers represent the protest? Its objectives?

I’m very much in favour of holding individuals accountable for their behavior, especially individuals with power and influence.

I’m not much in favour of collective blaming.

Especially not in consideration of the broader context.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

So unless there a verified account of all protestors chanting the 'river-to-the-sea' bit, it's on?

No, not at all.

Hold those who engage in such behaviour accountable for their behaviour.

Your eagerness to de legitimize the protests is breaking surface.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As a Spurs fan I expect some might be, though West Ham fans might make a showing.

I’ll not recite some of the Spurs Supporters chants, they might inflame the already inflammable.

Sorry mate, wolves just scored the second to win.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did I say there was? I did see some Hamas supporters in the news pics though although fortunately the UK Met has made arrests

Don't think I asked you or anybody else a question Brian.

80 odd arrests so far of far right-wing supporters trying to interfere with the so far peaceful march, loads of Jewish people in the march also as reported by Sky News live 5 minutes ago.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, not at all.

Hold those who engage in such behaviour accountable for their behaviour.

Your eagerness to de legitimize the protests is breaking surface.

Nope, more like eager to know if there's a point at which you would consider the protest illegitimate, or at least, wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Don't think I asked you or anybody else a question Brian.

80 odd arrests so far of far right-wing supporters trying to interfere with the so far peaceful march, loads of Jewish people in the march also as reported by Sky News live 5 minutes ago.

Yes and the question being? lol

The Gumby boys proclaiming no surrender.

Come on Sue Ellen, deport the lot to Rwanda before you lose your job.

My brain hurts.....

DOCTOR%21.webp

Edited by bannork
  • Like 1

Arrests made after officers struck by fireworks - police

Earlier we reported that officers detained a breakaway group of about 150 people from the pro-Palestinian demonstration.

The statement from the assistant commissioner says the group of 150 were "wearing face coverings and firing fireworks".

He says "arrests were made" after some officers were struck in the face with fireworks.

His statement adds that the Met will be publishing images people suspected to have committed offences, such as showing support for UK proscribed terrorist organisations, including Hamas.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Strangely enough I have not seen any objections from the people protesting the stop the war demonstration against the far right counter demonstrations. 

Fell free to do that yourself

Edited by Bkk Brian