4 Ex-Cops Get 5-Year Prison Terms for Extorting Taiwanese Celebrity

snoop1130

Won’t be surprised if next month they get pardoned after all the man in the police hospital got 7 years off his 8 year sentence maybe they will be lucky enough to get a free helicopter ride if they all fall ill I presume as ex police they are entitled to be treated at the police hospital !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Early on in this scandal, the police were pushing back, along with quite a few members here, saying this did not happen, or that Ms. An was guilty, or lying, or exaggerating.

RTP spokesman says "trust us" not social media in Taiwanese actress extortion case; cops may fly to Taiwan today

https://aseannow.com/topic/1284911-rtp-spokesman-says-trust-us-not-social-media-in-taiwanese-actress-extortion-case-cops-may-fly-to-taiwan-today/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

It's good to see that the cops behind this extortion were prosecuted and sentenced to jail. I remember some years ago being stopped and asked questions by cops and frankly, I didn't like it. It was so obvious they were fishing and look for an opportunity. It would be nice if this case is noticed by other cops and they think twice about extorting foreigners, lest they too be charged with extortion and end up in jail.

sentence maybe but serving time???? I really doubt

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Presumably they will appeal and keep out of jail indefinitely. As long as the agreed share of takings went 'up' they will be taken care of as the case fades into obscurity.

Next please,

I fear you may be correct... they look after their own and we rarely get the feedback later. maybe a certain scouser will be along to say how wrong we are soon. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Joe Ferrari springs to mind and there have been others.

Don't they teach about rhetorical questions in 'Pool?  Joe was the exception that proved the rule; look how long he got away with it in the face of incontrovertible evidence of 'unusual wealth'.  It took a death in custody and a police video taken by one of his henchmen to convict him.

• Sad 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

This kind of thing happens all the time but because she is famous it got publicity 

It happens all the time that cops who extort money from tourists all get jail time of multiple years?

Edited by bbi1

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It happens all the time that cops who extort money from tourists all get jail time of multiple years?

I'm convinced that our local police are playing the long game ...

In our 13th year here in our Chanthaburi town and last new year I was invited to coffee with four of them at an Amazon cafe.

They even paid for my drink and cake, in exchange for my photo with each of them 

Been worried ever since, sure they're up to something.