Why do so many people like K-Pop ?

MrPancake

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's about it.

And they use huge amounts of money to make them look good.

I.e. Blackpink, I don't think many people would listen to their music without the cute girls.

But once you saw the professionally made music videos then what comes to our minds when we hear the music? The cute girls.

qed

I'm getting old.

I don't understand this world anymore...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Because they think it's nice? 

As an amature mussisian I will tell you this, "There is no such thing as bad music!!

If you like it, its good. 

You're very open-minded imo...

25 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Are you bignoob's dad by any chance?

Not that old lol

57 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

I'm getting old.

I don't understand this world anymore...

I dislike the majority of K-Pop music, except for a few which are great for driving in the night on the Autobahn or for cleaning my room, washing the dishes...

For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o

some K-pop / J-pop are also great as background noise for working - I listen to Tokyo Radio Kawaii, non stop Jap girl groups, no ads :)

I wouldn't call either music though.

Edited by tgw
  • Thanks 1

The well put together Mv's have a lot to do with their success, 1..3 billion views is not bad on this old Black Pink hit. The problem is that the Mv action and excitement is almost impossible to replicate on stage. K pop is all derived from J pop.

Edited by proton

28 minutes ago, tgw said:

I dislike the majority of K-Pop music, except for a few which are great for driving in the night on the Autobahn or for cleaning my room, washing the dishes...

For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o

some K-pop / J-pop are also great as background noise for working - I listen to Tokyo Radio Kawaii, non stop Jap girl groups, no ads :)

I wouldn't call either music though.

Sounds interesting.

Where can I listen to Tokyo Radio Kawaii ? Youtube ?

15 minutes ago, proton said:

The well put together Mv's have a lot to do with their success, 1..3 billion views is not bad on this old Black Pink hit. The problem is that the Mv action and excitement is almost impossible to replicate on stage. K pop is all derived from J pop.

My lord...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

one has to wonder how they sound live as the majority of their stuff is lip sync created/arranged in studio with loud background sound(noise)don't think any of them knows how to sing or has the voice to sing... the giggles are a turn off

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

one has to wonder how they sound live as the majority of their stuff is created/arranged in studio with loud background sound(noise)... the giggles are a turn off 

Yep... It's probably even worse.

And they make billions of this garbage...

God, they're good.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrPancake said:

Yep... It's probably even worse.

And they make billions of this garbage...

God, they're good.....

note from me as don't have a single sound of any KP nor do I ever will.... Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Rod Stwart, Simple Red that's music no screaming no giggling

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

one has to wonder how they sound live as the majority of their stuff is lip sync created/arranged in studio with loud background sound(noise)don't think any of them knows how to sing or has the voice to sing... the giggles are a turn off

ALL Mv's are lip synch

• Thumbs Up 1

Apart from Black Pink no K Pop is that impressive some J Pop acts are still good like AKB48, Morning Musume and Band Maid are a great rock band. I find you can't beat a Thai concert for a good night out though, no lip synch or Mv lightening editing

Edited by proton
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you think you would like to look at them dancing? Yes? That is all you need to understand.

jpg

Not really. They don't even look like women. More like teenagers with their boobs just starting to grow. I'm not into that crap. If I had to listen to garbage for women I would go for Jennifer Lopez. Too bad I'm not american, I have to admit latinas have something special...

Jennifer+Lopez.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Not really. They don't even look like women. More like teenagers with their boobs just starting to grow. I'm not into that crap. If I had to listen to garbage for women I would go for Jennifer Lopez. Too bad I'm not american, I have to admit latinas have something special...

Jennifer+Lopez.jpg

You can't just play the Lopez card, she makes diamonds with her butt. Jenny from the block my ass.

• Haha 1

J-Pop Powerplay Kawaii blasting in my sh$tty cambodian "hotel" room.

Take thaaat mother f$ckers !!!!!!!

I'm wondering how long it will take for someone to come knock at my door...

yolo

This is Willy Wonka style music !

Feel good music kinda stuff....

Edited by MrPancake

22 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Jennifer+Lopez.jpg

She is already 54 years old. Ok, maybe you fancy old women. ;) 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MrPancake said:

You're very open-minded imo...

As we should all be IMO

So what is music, and why people enjoy it

" vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion"

and why people enjoy it.?

"The key reason people listen to music lies in the reward center of the brain. Listening to pleasurable music activates areas of the reward system "

so does K-pop combine most of the above criteria? If it does then to those who get an emotional response and have their reward areas in the brain activated it's good music,

You might not like it, and for you it's not good music. 

But remember your music was also crap  to others, I am sure many of our parents and grandparents thought so. 

• Thumbs Up 1