Taxi driver gets staggering 37,000 baht tip in return for a 677 baht ride

webfact

what time of the morning

the guy was obviously out of it

he thought he was paying in baht

stupid ####

the taxi driver should have realised there was something wrong - maybe the fact the guy was out of it

shame on the taxi driver or maybe he was trying to convince everyone he didn't rob the guy, either way he needs to meet the guy and confirm it was all above board.....................I very much doubt it

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

what time of the morning

the guy was obviously out of it

he thought he was paying in baht

stupid ####

the taxi driver should have realised there was something wrong - maybe the fact the guy was out of it

shame on the taxi driver or maybe he was trying to convince everyone he didn't rob the guy, either way he needs to meet the guy and confirm it was all above board.....................I very much doubt it

What a ridiculous post. If anyone was out of it it might be you. You suggest - twice - that the passenger was out of it (based on nothing at all), and even suggest the driver robbed him and should meet with the passenger to sort it out, when anyone with a brain would know that if a passenger was going to the airport he might, might, be leaving the country.

How about the passenger was panicking because he was afraid of missing his flight after being asked to be taken to the wrong airport, and in his rush confused two purple Euro notes with two Thai purple notes. And how about a Thai taxi driver not having a clue about the Thai/Euro exchange rate.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, nausea said:

Yeah, I agree with ezzra; the guy was in a hurry, all hassled up, not thinking straight, and gave the taxi driver two 500 Euro notes, instead of 500 baht notes.

Yes, but it is pretty stupid to keep your foreign currency in the same place as your THB. Especially 500 Euro bills.

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What a ridiculous post. If anyone was out of it it might be you. How about the passenger was panicking because he was afraid of missing his flight after being asked to be taken to the wrong airport, and in his rush confused two purple Euro notes with two Thai purple notes. And how about a Thai taxi driver not having a clue about the Thai/Euro exchange rate.

really ?

you need a lesson in real world Barry, seriously you do

and real world Thailand is up a notch compared to most, I am really surprised at that post from you............don't bother with a reply

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

really ?

you need a lesson in real world Barry, seriously you do

and real world Thailand is up a notch compared to most, I am really surprised at that post from you............don't bother with a reply

I edited my post as I came to realise just how stupid your post was. Here's version 2:

What a ridiculous post. If anyone was out of it it might be you. You suggest - twice - that the passenger was out of it (based on nothing at all), and even suggest the driver robbed him and should meet with the passenger to sort it out, when anyone with a brain would know that if a passenger was going to the airport he might, might, be leaving the country.

How about the passenger was panicking because he was afraid of missing his flight after being asked to be taken to the wrong airport, and in his rush confused two purple Euro notes with two Thai purple notes. And how about a Thai taxi driver not having a clue about the Thai/Euro exchange rate.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I edited my post as I came to realise just how stupid your post was. Here's version 2:

you are embarrassing yourself, give it a rest, take your meds

consider yourself special - welcome to my ignore list, very few are there but when someone constantly posts nonsense when they have been told to drop it - you leave me no choice, bye

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezflip said:

My question is, how did he get 500 euro notes? I tried at my local DeutscheBank and was told that they were not in circulation... I guess they are still available in other countries?

I got them at TT currency in Pattaya, and I then used them in Germany this year. The Germans acted strange when I handed it to them, but they accepted it.