Chinese police presence in Thailand a “slap in the face” : ex-NIA deputy director

webfact

2 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

I sent this to a friend in Canada who is married to a Hong Kong lady.  This was his response...

Does not boost the morale of Chinese on holiday but rather serves as a mechanism of returning them to detention on the Mainland.

We have had the issue of Chinese “Police Stations” in Canada which have been used to bring “wayward” citizens home.

My neighbour was Mainland Chinese and suddenly disappeared last Autumn with no notice and is now back in China. I spent last Winter shovelling his snow.

Perhaps one should also mention North Korea as we are on the main escape route.  I presume if posted the Chinese Police would take an interest!

Edited by Dellboy218
  • Like 1

The ex spy chief, and police in general can moan and groan all they want ,until they are told to be quiet or else. This government is not a democratic elected government. And, it is clear the Chinese and this group are in step. People here are talking like the government in Thailand was elected, and the people have a choice. 

I don't see where the people of Thailand have a choice in the matter. And I doubt the government cares what they say. Until they decide to come down on them to keep them quiet.

The rest of the world is waking up to the fact that Thailand and China are one in the same.

Expats and tourists from the west are in for a rude awakening. Lots of broken families and expats leaving with nothing more than their shirts. 

Just threaten these guys with a loss of pension and they will fall in line faster that you can say " cat in a hat ". As far as western expats go they will keep adding things where it is basically impossible to stay if a westerner. 

And with a little propoganda, the general population will turn against anyone from the west .  That has been in the works for a few years now but quietly. All they would have to do is start a massive anti western campaign and the Thai people would get rid of the expats.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

He went on to say that allowing Chinese police to operate here amounts to a slap in the face to the Thai police. “Are the Thai police that bad?” he asked, adding that, if there are insufficient police to provide protection to Chinese tourists, the logical way to solve this problem is to increase Thai manpower or to ask local officials to help the police.

For a country and society hell-bent on 'saving face', they will be stripping it off without any help if the Chinese police are allowed to 'operate' in Thailand. But, to answer the other question, yes the Thai police really is THAT bad, and that's putting it mildly. The logical was to solve the problem is not to increase Thai manpower, but to fire the ENTIRE force and replace it with a new one. Mission impossible, it is.

• Love It 1

I am amazed that sovereign country is now going to get help from another country in the way of police or maybe just wanted a man’s China made and the new Prime Minister sounds like a perfect way to get spies into the country. It’s hard for me to believe all this stuff. THT.

• Like 1