Thailand could extend visa-free entry from 30 to 60 days

webfact

Do not need to explain, but why did you ask my explanation, "What are you on"  If you meant that those countries you mentioned have 90 days of visa-free entry to Thailand, it is false information, those that have, I named above.

Edited by anandra

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

We just came back from Greece this summer, and there you can stay visa free 90 days every 180 days.

I m reminded of Dr Spock's famous line

"Live long and suffer" . I think TAT should adapt a similar tagline. 

Why they would want people to come here  and spend for a couple of months,

How would something like that, hurt or help Thailand?  

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Simplify things, it's supposed to be fun.

Make it 90 days, get rid of the tourist visa (60 days) and the option to extend (30 days). Then no tourist will need to deal with a Thai embassy (or the shoddy eVisa system) before their trip or with a Thai immigration office during their trip any longer. Which would remove all the hassle for those who wish to stay longer.

Yep like sing etc

Thais are so clueless

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Thailand should make it easer to get tourist visas .

Not having to book all the accommodation before being given a visa and not having to book flights beforehand . 

hardly onerous requirements, best flight deals are often booked ahead, and you can easily book a hotel and cancel with zero cost

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This would be great for those who spend the Winter in Thailand and fits in well with the new tax treatment . ie. 60 + 30 -----> border in/out , then another 60 + 30 gives 180 days . Excellent . Probably won`t happen though or maybe just for a few weeks then back to normal .

• Like 1

Can you imagine a community of Thai people constantly complaining and telling each other that they have better ways of doing things, in that little berg you are from? You'd most likely be a little offended of the gall they would take upon themselves to be so arrogant of having all the answers, of things they were never asked in the first place. I would say that maybe 95% of every day people don't/won't subscribe to an internet public forum that are breeding grounds for Narcissists wanting total control of a narrative. I have always thought it was a fruitless waste of time, and yet I am drawn to the reading of know it all strangers accoutrements of personal and past conquests, and then watch the irritation and disdain they have for each other. Cheap free entertainment, keep it up!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, anandra said:

Do not need to explain, but why did you ask my explanation, "What are you on"  If you meant that those countries you mentioned have 90 days of visa-free entry to Thailand, it is false information, those that have, I named above.

That is obviously not what he meant... 

Not which country you must be from to get 90 days in Thailand, but which countries YOU get 90 days visa exemption entries at. Malaysia, Japan and Singapore are 3.

It's not that hard, is it.

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

Simplify things, it's supposed to be fun.

Make it 90 days, get rid of the tourist visa (60 days) and the option to extend (30 days). Then no tourist will need to deal with a Thai embassy (or the shoddy eVisa system) before their trip or with a Thai immigration office during their trip any longer. Which would remove all the hassle for those who wish to stay longer.

Good for travelers of course, but remember that Thailand has made their stricter rules into a huge business too. Doing what Malaysia or Singapore already do, will make Thailand lose a very lucrative income.

15 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Thailand should make it easer to get tourist visas .

Not having to book all the accommodation before being given a visa and not having to book flights beforehand . 

I’m not sure what you are complaining about here? My e-visa just took 2 days to be approved. Are you telling me that you want to leave booking your flight until the last week?  No need to book all your accommodation either, as a week will be enough. You could even book somewhere with free cancellation and change it after your visa is issued?

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

I’m not sure what you are complaining about here? My e-visa just took 2 days to be approved. Are you telling me that you want to leave booking your flight until the last week?  No need to book all your accommodation either, as a week will be enough. You could even book somewhere with free cancellation and change it after your visa is issued?

Yes, due to certain situations, I often book my flight a few days before I go 

When I applied, they wanted to see accommodation for the whole stay and a letter from my employee and I was concerned about  safety of the web site and sending them by bank details 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, alex8912 said:

It's too late. High season is here. A huge percentage of travelers coming especially for 31 days or more already have their tickets and visa already. Or they have chosen to go elsewhere for the winter by now. They don't understand that people plan months ahead to come here. They are complete fools. 

It would simplify things for those who can't be bothered to get Tourist Visas yet wish to stay over 30 days.....  no concerns at check in and fake bookings to Phnom Pehn needed!

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, due to certain situations, I often book my flight a few days before I go 

When I applied, they wanted to see accommodation for the whole stay and a letter from my employee and I was concerned about  safety of the web site and sending them by bank details 

Strange? Just done a standard 60 day TV, no bank or employer details required and only showed accommodation for the first week. Approved in 2-3 days. 

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Err Japan offers 90 days to most farangs.

Get  you now thought we were talking extending duration of visa waiver  to enter Thailand

BTW I don't think there should be any visas or barriers to human movement.

As long as foreigners follow the rules and do not become a public burden we should be able to stay where ever we like

Just now, Captain Monday said:

Get  you now thought we were talking extending duration of visa waiver  to enter Thailand

BTW I don't think there should be any visas or barriers to human movement.

As long as foreigners follow the rules and do not become a public burden we should be able to stay where ever we like

I agree.