CHEATING ONLINE SHOPPING- be careful people

Scouse123

I have only had one incident with Lazada ( I use both Shopee and Lazada ), ordered 8 packs of alcohol wipes and only 5 arrived. When questioned the seller initially asked for my unpacking video, being a relatively cheap item I hadn’t made one, he then told me to return as he had no more stock.

In the end I let it ride as was still a decent deal for 5 items instead of 8 which what the seller was probably banking on when faced with an order for 8 and he only had 5 left.

I compensated with a bad review, unfazed I still receive messages about offers from the seller.

I don't know what is going on with lazada, but surely it stinks.

My previous placed on November 1 and estimated delivery November 11. The order get the status packed and a tracking number, which didn't exist by the way, and stays as packed "will be handed over to logistics partner" for the following 3 days.

Call lazada, and sure it is on the way according to the lying idiots. Seller had already said that it was shipped on November 2 but lazada had lost it, which was another lie of course, as I had checked the tracking number on the Cainiao website, and was unknown to them.

Parcel remained status packed until November 13, when it got cancelled, and of course shown in the listing as if the customer requested the cancellation.

On November 12 I placed an order for another item, with delivery date November 16.

Item is marked as packed since November 13 with no tracking number provided. Until yesterday it would still show 16 November as estimated delivery date in the order status, but I just checked and now the date has been removed.

Called lazada and of course the same BS been told, please wait, seller is packing the item. For 3 days? Right yeah.

I think I'm not gonna waste more time with Lazada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do find that Lazada are much better at notifying you with delivery dates, except for the “ your item will be delivered within the next hour “ message which is usually within the next few hours.

Shopee on the other hand give you a longer delivery date then all of a sudden, 3 or 4 days before, are calling you to say they are arriving !

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BenStark said:

On November 12 I placed an order for another item, with delivery date November 16.

Item is marked as packed since November 13 with no tracking number provided. Until yesterday it would still show 16 November as estimated delivery date in the order status, but I just checked and now the date has been removed.

Called lazada and of course the same BS been told, please wait, seller is packing the item. For 3 days? Right yeah.

Only 5 minutes after my call the order got a FAKE tracking number added, similar as with the previous order.

LEX tracking page they are not aware of the tracking number.

Item comes from Laz Mall seller, previous order that never got shipped was also from a Laz Mall, so much for credibility of those sellers.

image.png.37590acf30b48dad3205c7065a3d1bd1.png

image.png.13dbbc3a064791917c15d6ef9778e5b0.png

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

LAZ, and I only use LAZMALL or 'Flagship' vendors.   Same with Shopee.  Product has no review, or less than 10, then I'll probably bypass the vendor, unless one mentioned above.

Wee bit of research and sorts most things.   Been very lucky myself.

The ones with lots of reviews - are probably farmed reviews... i.e. product was not actually shipped and money netted out to zero - leaving only the LAZ fees... then putting in a made up review.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, BenStark said:

Delivery drivers don't know what is in the parcel, or even who sent it, and it is you who decide COD on the order, not the logistics company

Yes they may be impatient as they may have a huge workload every day.

Everything that is not as expected can be returned and refunded.

With Lazada you have 7 or 14 days, depending on which shop you bought from, to start the return request.

With Shopee it is 3 or 7 days, but you can extend it on the webpage or in the app.

I have returned quite some stuff lately, as I agree there are a lot of scammer sellers, and have never been refused a refund.

Before covid I would have to return something now and then, the last year it's more like at least 50% is not as described or faulty

I ordered a 2Tb external drive not the cheapest on offer, when I tried to use it in my laptop it did not work, so I opened the case and read the specs on the drive itself. It was actually 600Gb, and even though advertised as Win 10 compatible, the manufacture date was pre Win 10. I sent it back to "L" and offered to give them all the scam details, supplier etc. They were not interested, just returned my money. Expect the scams to continue until they weed out the bad apples.

• Thanks 2

On 11/15/2023 at 8:14 AM, KannikaP said:

In my experience, I have had no problems returning articles to both Lazada and Shopee, and got prompt refunds.

but it's not really a refund is it?

I'm sure i got money put in Lazada wallet or something like that...... i know i never got my money returned that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

but it's not really a refund is it?

I'm sure i got money put in Lazada wallet or something like that...... i know i never got my money returned that's for sure.

You can withdraw the money to your bank account, or spend it on new purchases

On 11/16/2023 at 5:51 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

The ones with lots of reviews - are probably farmed reviews... i.e. product was not actually shipped and money netted out to zero - leaving only the LAZ fees... then putting in a made up review.

probably ?

Based on your Ouija board or ?

Admittedly they could be fake reviews, or some reviews out of the total are faked, but no way to know.

5 hours ago, cdemundo said:

probably ?

Based on your Ouija board or ?

Admittedly they could be fake reviews, or some reviews out of the total are faked, but no way to know.

Based on it is common practice in China (and there are services that can be contracted to do it).  Lazada is owned by Alibaba (Aliexpress is owned by Alibaba - and the Aliexpress has been reportedly having lots of fake reviews identified by 3rd parties), Amazon that has been monitoring and has made an effort to stop it as it is against Terms of Service have booted a whole lot of companies off Amazon en mass (that also sell from China on other platforms - and if you cannot beat them you have to join em).  So you go to Lazada and you see one seller who has maybe one... and the one next to it has hundreds or thousands - yet when you order from one and the other - you get the same result...  The majority of people (vast majority - after ordering and getting what they want... don't bother with going back in to star or review their orders)...   That being said, I have gotten what I ordered (hundreds of orders over the years) on Lazada with no problem (regardless of starring) with only a few cases where I was not happy with the result (those were from China)... however I never order more than maybe 1500 baht orders... and if there is a local vendor I tend to prefer ordering from them.  I also check what I am ordering to see if it is sold by Central or Home Pro or Powerbuy or Ikea first, as often they will have a lower price than what is available on Lazada for the same thing (I have made that mistake a few times - so now I check first).

• Thumbs Up 1

My pet peeve with Lazada are the products that are using brand names while being fake. They add "Panasonic", "Philips" etc in the title and description and sell random generic low quality stuff. Lazada completely ignores my reports on these products and often delete my negative reviews too - I guess this is why they can keep close to 5 stars average on reviews.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:18 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

That's the idea of COD, pay the driver for the goods then you get them, it's not a DTOTCIYLI (delivery, then open, then cash if you like it).

Absolutey disagree.

You obviously don't order much online and it seems dont pretty get involved in most things but have a usually sarcastic or tainted opinion on everything.

It's a case of unscrupulous sellers sending junk through and not meeting the description they sold it as.

As a customer I am expecting a delivery and therefore pay for it.

When opened it does not resemble what was ordered.

its happened now on three occasions

We now open in front of the drivers, and the drivers have told us it is happening often and they have been instructed by their head office to video the opening of packages!

To those on here who keep quoting Lazada, where in my OP does it mention Lazada?

Mostly it's happening via Facebook orders.

• Thanks 1