Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

55 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I believe that one reason for the massive level of bombing is to force many or even most Gazans to move elsewhere. Not sure that any Mideast government wants to receive them. So it's not so much a plan as it is a kind of hope.

Pure speculation.

Note your total lack of concern for the massive exodus of Israelis from large parts of their country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I will make a deal and come to an agreement with you, I will point it out when you make anti sematic remarks next time .

That will be your opinion, not based on the accept definition of antisemitism which is a hatred of Judaism. So no, I don't accept. I made it clear how you can satisfy this and I expect you to adopt some ethics. It's hard enough to find time to post on this board without having to defend from baseless and unsubstantiated accusations of racism.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

We know Netanhu's plan. He wants to force them to go to Egypt and other countries, but it is not ethnic cleansing.

Link please if you have it which you don't.

In any case, most Israelis are not loving Netanyahu these days anyway.

Israel is fighting a war against Hamas.

Hopefully, Netanyahu's days as leader are numbered.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That will be your opinion, not based on the accept definition of antisemitism which is a hatred of Judaism. So no, I don't accept. I made it clear how you can satisfy this and I expect you to adopt some ethics. It's hard enough to find time to post on this board without having to defend from baseless and unsubstantiated accusations of racism.

Roughly it's Jew hatred.

Jew hatred takes many forms throughout history.

SOMETIMES (not always) it's imbedded in hatred of Zionism and the state of Israel. 

It's really a case by case, if you can deal with that (which I doubt).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Most likely Israel held its hands up and admitted wrong doing because there was no way that this story could be suppressed. Too many Israeli soldiers witnessed the event and would feel compelled to inform the families of the hostages what had occurred.  On the other hand, I doubt that Israeli soldiers are going to feel compelled to report on similar incidents that may have occurred where the victims were Palestinians. Keep in mind that a major motivation for the incursion is vengeance. And most reporters have fled Gaza. Not without reason.

Reuters, AFP Say Israeli Tank Responsible for Deadly Attack on Journalists

Reuters and Agence France-Presse have each published an investigation into an October attack in southern Lebanon that killed a journalist and injured six others, saying their findings indicate the group was hit by Israeli tank rounds...

Reuters and AFP said the journalists were clearly identified as members of the press wearing flak jackets and helmets.

An initial tank round struck the group, followed quickly by a second, the news agencies said. Reuters journalist Issam Abdallah was killed, while two of his Reuters colleagues and an AFP journalist were among those hurt.

https://www.voanews.com/a/reuters-afp-says-israeli-tank-responsible-for-deadly-attack-on-journalists/7387933.html

In fact, the Israeli govt has alleged that journalists in Gaza were actually working with Hamas including journalists working for the the NY Times, Reuters and AP.

Israel Accuses Freelance Photographers of Advance Knowledge of Oct. 7 Attack

The Israeli government on Thursday accused freelance photographers for several major news organizations, including The New York Times, of being “accomplices” in the killing and abductions of Israeli soldiers and civilians by Hamas fighters — an allegation The Times vigorously denied about its freelancer.

The government seized on a report by a pro-Israel media watchdog group, Honest Reporting, which has long accused The Times and other news organizations of anti-Israel bias in their coverage of Israel’s conflict with the Palestinians.

“These journalists were accomplices in crimes against humanity,” the public diplomacy department of the prime minister’s office said in a tersely worded statement. “Their actions were contrary to professional ethics.”

https://archive.ph/edQYa

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/09/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-hamas-photographers.html

Yet CNN and AP both ended their relationships with reporter Hassan Eslaiah

CNN has severed ties with Gaza-based photojournalist Hassan Eslaiah after he was discovered to be embedded with terrorist group Hamas.

The news network said in a statement Thursday that their working relationship with the freelancer began after the Oct. 7 terrorist attacks on Israel — attacks that the organization maintained it “had no prior knowledge of.”

“We had no prior knowledge of the Oct. 7 attacks. Hassan Eslaiah, a freelance journalist who has worked with a number of international and Israeli outlets, was not working for the network on Oct. 7. As of today, we have severed all ties with him,” the statement read.

AP, which also had a working relationship with Eslaiah, also ended their relationship with the photographer in the aftermath of the Honest Reporting’s findings.

image.png.b7e457125167addb6514bcdc94c54afb.png

https://www.thewrap.com/cnn-fires-hassan-eslaiah-gaza-hamas-photojournalist

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Israel declaring war against Hamas does not mean the war started on that date. The Israelis would love people to think the Hamas attack occurred out of the blue.

Stop the silliness.

THIS war did start on that date and Hamas started it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Probably one of the most powerful monologues you will hear about the atrocities that Hamas perpetrated on Oct 7. Its 9 minutes but gives one of the most powerful summaries that I've heard yet an the reasons for Israel's response to Oct 7th. Its their own 9/11

"Today I was among the journalists who have attended a private screening of the raw footage of October 7th and I want to express to you what I saw since it’s not been made public. It’s been a very heavy day. A decision was made that Jews are less than human, and treated that way in words and deeds..I now know that’s exactly the message Hamas sent on purpose — at scale. I wasn’t aware of that before. I saw bodies were burned but I did not understand or appreciate how intentional the effort was - they did it methodically, you hear it in the voices, the commands the ease, the excitement of finding and mutilating victims."

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. That is NOT Israeli policy. STOP LYING. 

Be on firmer ground before you accuse me of lying:

Rotman is a prominent Israeli MP for the far-right Religious Zionist party, on which Netanyahu’s government depends to stay in power.

For Rotman and other Jewish nationalists, Gaza is unquestionably part of Israel. When asked by Bowen what an Israeli occupation of Gaza would mean he retorted: “occupation is not the word. You cannot occupy your own land.

https://sundayguardianlive.com/investigation/is-israel-attempting-to-ethnically-cleanse-palestinians-from-gaza

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Link please if you have it which you don't.

In any case, most Israelis are not loving Netanyahu these days anyway.

Israel is fighting a war against Hamas.

Hopefully, Netanyahu's days as leader are numbered.

First, they would notify northern Gaza residents to move south before a military operation commences, which Netanyahu already did. The operation would then advance from north to south, while keeping Egypt's Rafah crossing empty for easier access. Tent settlements and cities in northern Sinai would accommodate Palestinians. 

Can get from here

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/is-pm-netanyahu-planning-to-relocate-gazas-population-to-egypt-leaked-document-reveals-11698914235618.html

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

We know Netanhu's plan. He wants to force them to go to Egypt and other countries, but it is not ethnic cleansing.

Liar:

"PM Benjamin Netanyahu's office denied the allegation and said ‘document is an imaginary exercise and a concept paper’."

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Be on firmer ground before you accuse me of lying:

Rotman is a prominent Israeli MP for the far-right Religious Zionist party, on which Netanyahu’s government depends to stay in power.

For Rotman and other Jewish nationalists, Gaza is unquestionably part of Israel. When asked by Bowen what an Israeli occupation of Gaza would mean he retorted: “occupation is not the word. You cannot occupy your own land.

https://sundayguardianlive.com/investigation/is-israel-attempting-to-ethnically-cleanse-palestinians-from-gaza

What a load of crap!

Are you even serious?

One MP saying something crazy and you think people are so stupid as to buy your vile lie?
Shame on you but I know you don't have any.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yep, Palestinian Muslim Arab Israelis  serve in the Government at top levels as well and play for Israel's National football team 

How many west bank Palestinians do the same? This was just a part of Netanyahu's divide and conquer policy in which he supported Hamas against the PLO.

• Love It 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

How many west bank Palestinians do the same? This was just a part of Netanyahu's divide and conquer policy in which he supported Hamas against the PLO.

Stop acting so dumb. You know perfectly well that West Bank Arabs are not citizens of Israel. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1