Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh no! An  October 7 excuse maker and Isreal demonization extremist has told me to watch it. Scary!

Come on man, do you truthfully think there were no reasons for terrorists attacking Israel? 

The answer is simple, stop Apartheid on Israel, treat the Arabs as equals and STOP stealing their land and killing them. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Classic some of my best friends are waah.

What? 

Do you really believe I should hate my Jewish friends, none of whom are Israeli, because of their religion, or my disgust with Israel? Insanity. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Have you showed your Jewish friends the kind of anti-Semitic posts you applaud, I very much doubt it as your 'friendship' would be very short lived! We have all seen your colours you nailed to the mast! 

Of course he hasn't told his imaginary Jewish friends about his extremist Israel demonization activities.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

None of that justifies the war crimes which ensued. Israel has made itself into a pariah state, just like Serbia was until they packed their leaders off to The Hague.

You saying 'war crimes' doesn't make anything 'war crimes'.

Pariah state how? Did many countries severe relations? Are Israelis banned from countries they were previously allowed to visit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Its the truth for me. I despise Israel's policy and love the Jewish religion. 

What do you think you can't accept this, why would I lie? 

Persecution complex? 

'why would I lie?'

You're a troll.

It's what you do.

Maybe you can't help yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic, the trolls do all they can to derail the thread, forget permeant ceasefires until Hamas has been eliminated, be that by death, surrender of total destruction of military infastructure:

UK Deputy PM @OliverDowden: "We must eradicate Hamas now."

Hamas can't be eliminated so do you advocate never ending war?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

A post in which the quoted content had been altered contravening our Forum Rules has been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Morch said:

Says who?

do you read anything at all outside your echo chamber? Israel would need to bomb every inch of the west bank to flush them out and then chase them into Egypt and Lebanon and continue bombing them there. Countless, and I mean countless experts have said Israel is only increasing the number of Hamas terrorists and the resentment towards Israel. If what you say is true then Israel wants to make every Palestinian into a refugee.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

do you read anything at all outside your echo chamber? Israel would need to bomb every inch of the west bank to flush them out and then chase them into Egypt and Lebanon and continue bombing them there. Countless, and I mean countless experts have said Israel is only increasing the number of Hamas terrorists and the resentment towards Israel. If what you say is true then Israel wants to make every Palestinian into a refugee.

No, that would be your own ignorance speaking and your own echo chamber's view exaggerated and twisted.

In effect, there is no need to totally crush Hamas, enough to hurt it bad enough to make it a non-factor (or a way lesser one). This will not solve the core problems, but will deal with the flavor of the day terrorist threat.

There is no need to bomb the West Bank at all. Hamas infrastructure there is nothing compared to the Gaza Strip.

Chase into Lebanon? Egypt? Are you even remotely familiar with the geography of the region?

Countless? Another of your hyperbole exaggerations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, that would be your own ignorance speaking and your own echo chamber's view exaggerated and twisted.

In effect, there is no need to totally crush Hamas, enough to hurt it bad enough to make it a non-factor (or a way lesser one). This will not solve the core problems, but will deal with the flavor of the day terrorist threat.

There is no need to bomb the West Bank at all. Hamas infrastructure there is nothing compared to the Gaza Strip.

Chase into Lebanon? Egypt? Are you even remotely familiar with the geography of the region?

Can Hamas actually be eliminated? This is what military and security analysts think

Retired Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges, former Commanding General of U.S. Army Europe

“To ‘eliminate’ or destroy Hamas, Israel will have to destroy the root cause of Hamas, its reason for existence. That means Israel will have to accept progress towards a two-state solution and Palestinian statehood for Gaza and the West Bank. 

Hamas cannot have a leading role in governing Gaza but Israel’s refusal to accept the two-state solution only guarantees continued efforts by Hamas to destroy Israel.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/12/israel-gaza-war-can-hamas-actually-be-eliminated-experts-weigh-in.html

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

This. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Read my post again.

Read the many topics and posts you skipped discussing this.

Hamas does not need to be totally 'eliminate' in order for it to stop being a major threat.

Past examples - AQ, IS, Fatah.

I agree with you. I replied to BkkBrian who made the claim that they did.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Can Hamas actually be eliminated? This is what military and security analysts think

Retired Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges, former Commanding General of U.S. Army Europe

“To ‘eliminate’ or destroy Hamas, Israel will have to destroy the root cause of Hamas, its reason for existence. That means Israel will have to accept progress towards a two-state solution and Palestinian statehood for Gaza and the West Bank. 

Hamas cannot have a leading role in governing Gaza but Israel’s refusal to accept the two-state solution only guarantees continued efforts by Hamas to destroy Israel.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/12/israel-gaza-war-can-hamas-actually-be-eliminated-experts-weigh-in.html

Half of those appearing in the article actually hold ideas close to what I posted.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I agree with you. I replied to BkkBrian who made the claim that they did.

He didn't say anything different, if you bother to read his post closely.

Again, this was discussed numerous times on these topics, so positions of posters are already on record.

It's more about you jumping in, not bothering to read past comments, or to hasty to counter current ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hopefully a group that accepts Israel's right to exist and wants a peaceful existence and wants all hostilities to stop  . 

Hopefully, but really not much chance of that considering they will have all lost loved ones. An incredibly difficult situation. 

• Agree 2