I found a hair in my Pizza.

bob smith

21 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

When I was here before as a tourist on and off between 1997 and 2014 I had more hits than misses viz foreign food. Note that I said foreign, not Western.

It was not at all like ordering Mexican in France. If that's been your experience it's probably because you're too tight to spring for a proper meal.

As I already mentioned, under proper supervision Thai cooks can make very decent non-Thai food. Eg. had loads of tasty "English breakfasts" up and down the country, mostly in Pattaya (in the old days before the good places went under).

As for your recommendations, well I already said I don't like Thai food, it's too simplistic and more than a few of the dishes are inedible because of their obsession with chili, so not sure why you mentioned Lanna Thai except to show off.

Good steak is expensive. I know this because I grew up in Sydney when meat was relatively cheap and I've had (almost) the full gamut from cheap pub lunches to Aussie Wagyu filet. Couldn't afford much beyond that but the good stuff that I did get to eat was delicious, mostly eye filet cooked medium rare and so soft you barely needed to chew it.

So I can't take your Don Muaeng recommendation seriously. You're a miser that thinks mutton tastes like lamb. Reckon I'll save up my pennies and try one of the posh places instead.

In the meantime I'll talk to some of the more sensible BMs and see if they've got any actual useful recommendations.

I've eaten wagyu and all the good stuff from Super Butcher who sells premium steak. It's just food though.

I've eaten in the top rated places in The Rocks Sydney.

Food is food. Either you like it or you don't.

I'd rather just save the $ now. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bob smith said:
31 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Half way down page 2 and it is what my mate terms a bun fight . Won't bother with page 3.

Nobody asked you to comment ! 

Erm... Bob...  you started a thread - the very nature of a forum is to invite comment !!!...  so, in effect, you did indeed ask toofarnorth to comment... (along with anyone else)... 

He's also not wrong - the usually halfwitted trolls have turned this into bun (or did he mean bum) fight....  but thats pretty much what the 'pub' sub-forum is for... 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I had a great cheeseburger on Soi Bukhao, you know the place. Awesome burger, just finished and a fat, happy cockaroach sauntered across the table. This is daytime. Won't go back.

Common to see rats walk along in outside joints

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I had a great cheeseburger on Soi Bukhao, you know the place. Awesome burger, just finished and a fat, happy cockaroach sauntered across the table. This is daytime. Won't go back.

i thought they forbid girls from getting on tables in the daytime ?  i couldn't imagine the horror you went through seeing one of those in the daylight. 

14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Was it hopping mad?

Good one Moonlover, :tongue: Actually theres a new topping coming:- rabbit.

Seriously though has there ever been such heated debate over such a small complaint?  Food is such a personal subject and mypreference is 95% Thai food.

• Agree 1

I’m in Isaan and you are lucky to find a decent pizza anywhere in Thailand. 
I had one the other night, they used mayo as a sauce , the crust was uncooked and was overloaded with greasy cheese. It was inedible, but was only the 2nd place I’ve found pizza. 
im gonna have to build a brick oven or two and teach pizza making to my local friends. They surely need some pizza making guidance and some proper cooking tools. These countertop pizza cooking units  are trash. . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bob smith said:

I found a big old greasy black hair in my pizza the other day at a cafe/restaurant. 

I did what I thought was right and sent it back,

demanded a refund and a fresh pizza.

to my surprise I got both.

What would you have done in that situation?

would you have complained like me or would you have kept quiet, removed the hair and scoffed your pizza?

bob.

Where was this 

17 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Was this in Bangers or Patts? I've been going out a bit more in Bangkok with a Pommy mate and I'm finding it to be quite poor value for money. 

Also the quality is hit and miss. One day the Lamb Hyderabadi Biryani tastes like heaven and the next it's all dried out and inedible.

This is in the ฿300-฿500 per plate range, I'm not as rich as you Bogs do can't afford to eat the 6k+ Michelin star joints.

Killing and eating animals is disgusting.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, bob smith said:

I dont eat in those places everyday, I also like to play the role of cheap Charlie from time to time.

Though the flashing of the Rolex usually prevents me from doing so..

So you are proud to be a cheap charlie, no doubt wearing a genuine knock off rolex 

• Confused 1

No matter where one eats in the world, a hair---or even an insect---in the food is not unheard of. It can happen at a sidewalk som tam stand, at The French Laundry or Enoteca Pinchiorri. The proper way to deal with it is to discretely point it out to the service staff, get a replacement dish, and enjoy the meal. (One is probably less likely to get that replacement at a sidewalk som tam stand, so pull it out and finish the meal.)

As for whether fine dining is worth it, or better than a "69 baht curry", up to the individual and what he chooses to do with his money. A nice meal in a restaurant can be a fun experience, with friends, a special someone, or even alone. Obviously, some people enjoy that experience more than others, and some people are more able to afford it than others. To each his own. What else is one going to do with his money? You can't take it with you (but you can take a 'doggie bag' from a restaurant).

Funny when folks say, "You're in Thailand and should be eating Thai food". I visited Thailand many times over the years, and since Covid have been living here. When I go into a restaurant---e.g., a Japanese restaurant---I seem to see many Thai people. Why are they not eating Thai? Imagine! Some people actually like variety!

I enjoy many Thai dishes, some more than others, but some I do not care for at all. Seafood som tam is one. Some members of my staff love seafood som tam, but invariably I hear this from them (even the women): "I had really good seafood som tam last night, but today I have bad diarrhea!" Odd what one culture thinks is appropriate talk vs what another culture views as 'not in polite company'. It always amuses me when I am told about diarrhea, or when I am informed by a staff member that she is having a "Lady Day" (period). Different cultures, different customs.

Edited by Walker88

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

I found a big old greasy black hair in my pizza the other day at a cafe/restaurant. 

I did what I thought was right and sent it back,

demanded a refund and a fresh pizza.

to my surprise I got both.

What would you have done in that situation?

would you have complained like me or would you have kept quiet, removed the hair and scoffed your pizza?

bob.

u done well !!!!!