Does Khor Ror 2 have to be up to date for marriage visa extension?

I'm going to get a visa extension at Chaeng Wattana soon

I came across this official list of requirements: 

It doesn't say anything about the Khor Ror 2 needing to be up to date. Should I still go to an Amphoe to get it updated?

If yes, can I go there by myself or does my wife need to be present?

Cheers

My Trat IO list also doesn't state the same day, but it is. Luckily there is an Amphur near by. As you may know Any Amphur office can issue one, it take us 10min while I just wait in the car as your already going with your wife, for the extension, I don't see the problem.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

At my Office its required to be presented within 7 days of issue from the Amphur.

The wife has to obtain a new one every year.

Had my first ever application rejected as it was dated the day before I applied to the IO......had to go in back the next day with one dated that day!!!

Since then they have not said anything even if it is a week old???

It seems to be IO Office dependent.

Here in Kamphaeng Phet the IO is 70km away and the Amphur is 15km on the way.

The IO is happy enough that it is done in the couple of weeks before or perhaps they don't look at the date and are OK that I have the form.

My wife collects  the Khor Ror 2 on her own, but we both go for the marriage extension.

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Had my first ever application rejected as it was dated the day before I applied to the IO......had to go in back the next day with one dated that day!!!

Since then they have not said anything even if it is a week old???

Turning your 1-year marriage extension down because the Kor-Ror-2 (extract from the Thai national marriage register providing evidence that you are still married and have not divorced) is 1 day old instead of being issued on same day as your application, is total bureaucratic nonsense by clueless Immigration officers.

And as your Thai wife has to be with you when applying for the 1-year Marriage extension, makes it even more laughable.  Luckily most Imm Offices allow that the Kor-Ror-2 was issued 'recently' (depending on the office that being 1 week to 1 month).

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Turning your 1-year marriage extension down because the Kor-Ror-2 (extract from the Thai national marriage register providing evidence that you are still married and have not divorced) is 1 day old instead of being issued on same day as your application, is total bureaucratic nonsense by clueless Immigration officers.

And as your Thai wife has to be with you when applying for the 1-year Marriage extension, makes it even more laughable.  Luckily most Imm Offices allow that the Kor-Ror-2 was issued 'recently' (depending on the office that being 1 week to 1 month).

We also had to bus three sets of neighbours from the village to the IO to be interviewed.....we had been married for 14 years at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 7:15 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Precisely the reason many of us hate dealing with Thai immigration.

Yes, we have all the requirements, can we be f u c k e d running about and getting it all in order for the umpteenth time - not me.....

Hence the annual pilgramage to Savanakhett.

• Like 1