British citizen stranded in Thai hospital with a 400,000 baht plea to escape

snoop1130

These situations should just be handled by sending the bill for emergency treatment and repatriation to the foreigners home country, if not paid, then force all who come from that country to show proof of insurance covering their stay before boarding. Let the foreign countries deal with insurance issues, or for any repayment to their own governments.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

It does happen. It happened to my sister. 

Leukemia is a blood cancer that is a genetic mutation of DNA chromosomes transmitted through bone marrow. It is not a sudden cancer but if not detected, ie, through annual checkups. It might seem sudden only because one ignores  a number of physical signs that should indicate something is wrong with the body. It's remission can take years with expensive medications or ultimately million USD dollar stem cell treatment. It is why you need healthcare insurance.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, swm59nj said:

If he has leukemia he needs to see an oncologist to begin treatment.  He should have had his own health insurance. And I’m sure he won’t begin treatment in Thailand. 
Blood soaked sheets?  Hospital is like a war zone?  I find that very hard to believe. 

Maybe the test came back for the new strain of the new virus from China nobody wants to go around. 

• Haha 1