Jomtien - don't bother trying to extend more than (1) one business day prior to expiry

bbi1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

OP links one of his previous threads that this started for him in October last year.

Here's my October extension applied 10 Oct with expiry 27 Oct so 17 days before as I've always done last 6 years. This is why I think it's just him as he's been on back to back visa exempts for a year so may be treated differently?

20240325_190345.jpg

Ok, that proves that you were successful in extending your tourist visa 17 days early. Seems you had better luck getting past those front desk girls than others. Maybe they though you were handsome for them and let you get through earlier than others or they were tired and didn't bother looking throughly through your passport stamp dates and just gave you a ticket. Because I always got the same story from the front desk girls and when I went to Desk 1 to question them about this in the main building, the man & lady IO doing the 30 day extensions said the exact same thing.

Alternatively, you went on 10th October and I went on 21st November and on 7th December, being one and a half months & also two months after you went. Maybe they started doing things differently and had new policies in place a month after you did your extension. That could be another possibility. You didn't mention about trying to do another early extension of stay after this October 2023 date, right?

Things change, they are not always the same. Back in 2019 I always went to Jomtien to extend my METV 4 weeks prior to stamp expiry. Had no problems all those times doing early extensions. Every time everything went smoothly. I extended 3 times in 2019 very early without problems.

Edited by bbi1