COVID-19 infections rising, public advised to wear face masks

webfact

22 minutes ago, rtco said:

Jabs, masks, and social distancing have all been proven to have little impact on the likelihood of catching Covid even during the height of the pandemic so me, gonna rely on my natural immunity and lots of vitamin D. 

Albert Einstein ... Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results

Got any data to back that up, and don't say the Great Barrington study, that was a crock of <deleted>e 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'll "give it a rest" when COVID gives Thailand and the world a rest...

Weekly counts of new COVID hospitalizations in Thailand over the past eight weeks (shown in the red boxes below) have quadrupled to more than 500 for the most recent week, and have steadily risen for six of the past seven weeks:

THCOVID0.jpg.7ff920da0c6ebeef77bdbfc1515757ba.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

Thanks for the charts . Nothing more true than facts that you have shown . Anyway , why do non covid believers go to hospital if they catch covid ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another false (and unsourced and unsubstantiated) myth perpetuated by anti-maskers:

Myths and facts when it comes to wearing masks

"Myth: Masks don’t actually work to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and are incapable of stopping viral transmission.

Fact: The use of masks to reduce the emission of respiratory particles – source control – has been part of medical science for years.

With COVID-19, masks are effective at blocking most large droplets, but can also block the exhalation of fine droplets and particles. They can also help prevent the inhalation of these respiratory particles."

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/Blogs/BTH/Posting335.aspx

I read your link which defended the wearing of medical masks . There is the assumption that most are single use masks but that is not followed  by most wearers that I know . They simply pull out a mask from their pocket that has been used many times . As for daily washing of some masks ,  do you honestly believe that that is carried out ?  I have used all types of masks in my working life within the petro/ chem industry and I know all to well that these medical type masks are at best a dust barrier . Inhalation via the gap on the facial cheek is like a vacuum cleaner sucking in minute particles .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The data for November also shows 304 cases of influenza, 33 cases of human metapneumovirus (hMPV), 17 cases of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), 46 cases of dengue fever, 4 cases of chikungunya and 13 cases of norovirus.

He said that COVID-19 infections are steadily rising and have already outpaced influenza.

Looks like early stage of developments akin to what's going on in China. (With the exception, that the CCP would never allow Covid-19 to be named as #1 on the list of infections.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

22 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

So the public are advised to wear masks.  In my neck of the woods, the majority of Thais NEVER stopped wearing them. Most kids on motorbikes wear them, but sadly not helmets!

Yes, can confirm that. In this part of Bangkok, about 90% still wearing masks, but hardly anyone on a bike a motorbike helmet.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

And what about the diabetic pandemic, more concerning I think, in 2022 300.000 more it is around 1.5 thousand per 100.000 population, more concerning Doctor but no words, 2030 2x more.

The numbers may be different for Thailand, which has a serious diabetes problem, and doesn't readily make public this kind of info... But the U.S. does (2022 year is the latest available data, 2023 not available yet):

2022USLeadingCausesofDeath.jpg.b840aa3f426a1f421ebafe0cf02dfc2c.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg.171675ab12a1d15fdbc75574f27fdc46.jpg

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7218a3.htm

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, superal said:

Thanks for the charts . Nothing more true than facts that you have shown . Anyway , why do non covid believers go to hospital if they catch covid ?

Yes and the mongrels take up beds that urgent operations are needed for.

Chuck em out into the street.

• Like 1

Back in the UK life is normal. Covid is still around and infections rise at this time of the year but it's not considered any worse than flu any more, certainly for those fully vaccinated. NB I have had bad flu in Thailand and was hospitalised so it isn't nice; a lot worse than a bad cold.

Mask wearers are rare and with the covid enquiry currently ongoing, nobody would listen if the government advised mask wearing social distancing or any other measure. 

Thailand needs to learn to live with it.

Edited by madmitch
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Back in the UK life is normal. Covid is still around and infections rise at this time of the year but it's not considered any worse than flu any more, certainly for those fully vaccinated.

Hey, it's just 300+ UK COVID deaths per week right now:

Screenshot_8.jpg.13fd0974e2cda05e4fb2e9d411289aa2.jpg

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=overview&areaName=United Kingdom

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1