Banks refusing to send my money to UK??? FFS

The banks have limits how much you can send each day, ask your bank what the limit is and send just under that amount.

Er, presumably you don't mean that you're actually trying to send Baht, presumably you mean you're giving them Baht to exchange into Pounds for sending? You can't export THB above a very low limit, except to two provinces in China.

4 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

The banks have limits how much you can send each day, ask your bank what the limit is and send just under that amount.

Er, presumably you don't mean that you're actually trying to send Baht, presumably you mean you're giving them Baht to exchange into Pounds for sending? You can't export THB above a very low limit, except to two provinces in China.

No the money is sitting in my accounts,    all i want is for them do do a simple international transfer that I set up for them  and the amount i well under daily limits , done it in the past   with no problems

• Like 1

They say it never came from abroad ,  which is bull<deleted>  its all on the computer statements when large transfers came into Thailand over the years , its weird  but they did  amalgamate with another bank last year and Im wondering if their systems dont show the foreign transfers from 3 or 4 years ago

im going to see them face to face ,, , im not going to use ripoff WU

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

They say it never came from abroad ,  which is bull<deleted>  its all on the computer statements when large transfers came into Thailand over the years , its weird  but they did  amalgamate with another bank last year and Im wondering if their systems dont show the foreign transfers from 3 or 4 years ago

im going to see them face to face ,, , im not going to use ripoff WU

I still don't get their reason. 

Even if you earned the money in Thailand,  why couldn't you sent to abroad?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

did this wirh Bangkok Bank when they took a expired debit card as an opportunity to quietly upgrade me to the most expensive useless union pay debit card with insurance and refuse to give me a MasterCard. Then refuse to fix the issue when i went to fix it.

So, your old one expired and they automatically issued a new one without you requesting it?

And a more expensive one with insurance.

That's crazy. How can they do that?

Did they post you the card or something? How did you get the card?

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

So, your old one expired and they automatically issued a new one without you requesting it?

And a more expensive one with insurance.

That's crazy. How can they do that?

Did they post you the card or something? How did you get the card?

I recently changed the card.

Actually wanted Unionpay -> its off Western Rails but accepted almost everywhere and the data is in China... not the West so you have some form of privacy, except the Thai side.

As for the insurance, also took out the top plan with AIA or something with them in Branch for both accident and long-term, with kids costing 1m THB since last year in hospital costs (during birth with packages - NICO, and post birth with insurances (not covering covid etc), and being here 15 yrs, regardless of wealth its just not worth the chance by not having a top quality private insurance especially after the vaccination - minor-medium heart complications 2 days afterwards and similar but milder just last week (2yrs later).

Think they cover me for something like 150m THB long  and 15m for accident total cost about 60k or something, deducted from my Thai credit card or bank.

Sleep easy now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I recently changed the card.

Actually wanted Unionpay -> its off Western Rails but accepted almost everywhere and the data is in China... not the West so you have some form of privacy, except the Thai side.

As for the insurance, also took out the top plan with AIA or something with them in Branch for both accident and long-term, with kids costing 1m THB since last year in hospital costs (during birth with packages - NICO, and post birth with insurances (not covering covid etc), and being here 15 yrs, regardless of wealth its just not worth the chance by not having a top quality private insurance especially after the vaccination - minor-medium heart complications 2 days afterwards and similar but milder just last week (2yrs later).

Think they cover me for something like 150m THB long  and 15m for accident total cost about 60k or something, deducted from my Thai credit card or bank.

Sleep easy now.

What's the yearly premium on that?

The Central Bank of Thailand limits the amounts sent offshore by bank transfer to  around the equivalent of GBP 10, 000 per day the actual ThB amount being dependent on the retail bank's buying rate at point of transfer.

A year ago my Thai wife txd the maximum amount daily several times using her bank's online App ( now dropped by the bank in favour of a Mobile app useless to old eyes!) We just filled in the online form. No personal contact with the bank.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

I feel as if Thailand doesn't want people sending their money outside. Kind of like big brother China.

I remember 9 years ago at kasikorn to send money out i had to provide a work permit and fill in a special form.

That was money earnt within Thailand.

So I've always been concerned about those being problematic again one day as i don't always have a work permit anymore and i have a lot more cash here now.

Would be nice to know the official rules for the major banks about this. Really they should all be the same but this is Thailand.

In this above situation i would call support from our the front of the bank and not mention anything about what happened and first ask the rules. When/if it's clear that you should be allowed then explain the issue.

I did this wirh Bangkok Bank when they took a expired debit card as an opportunity to quietly upgrade me to the most expensive useless union pay debit card with insurance and refuse to give me a MasterCard. Then refuse to fix the issue when i went to fix it.

Phone support for the branch on the line while i was on the line and they had to agree to fix everything.

Then i closed my account. I can't accept a bank continuously trying to screw you and being so difficult to deal with. You need to have confidence in your bank at least.

Thai banks are all agents of BOT, BOT sets the policy on funds transfer and forex, banks don't set their own rules on this but often they don't all do or understand things in the same way.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Can send anywhere up to 2m THB value in app from SCB/BB Kasikorn etc.

Depends on the client

Did you do it physically ?

I have this option on my Bangkok Bank App too but when tried it I got the error message 'Falang no can do, you stupid you !'

• Haha 1