Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

During the first six weeks of the war in Gaza, Israel routinely used one of its biggest and most destructive bombs in areas it designated safe for civilians, according to an analysis of visual evidence by The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/21/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-bomb-investigation.html

Problem being its video evidence and its not possible to view on archived pages on New York Times

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

During the first six weeks of the war in Gaza, Israel routinely used one of its biggest and most destructive bombs in areas it designated safe for civilians, according to an analysis of visual evidence by The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/21/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-bomb-investigation.html

WELCOME OFFER
Enjoy unlimited access for $1 a month your first 6 months.

$12 $1/month
$90 $10/year
BEST VALUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

@placeholder

You keep posting the same link over and over again, not exactly sure what is that you're after.

Here's what you wrote:

"I don't think that there was a mass bombardment of 'safe zones'. Links and maps to attack shown on these topics do not support this."

If the NY Times after doing an extensive study says Israel bombed designated safe zones at least 200 times with those bombs, I'll take the word of those reporters over yours.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Here's what you wrote:

"I don't think that there was a mass bombardment of 'safe zones'. Links and maps to attack shown on these topics do not support this."

If the NY Times after doing an extensive study says Israel bombed designated safe zones at least 200 times with those bombs, I'll take the word of those reporters over yours.

Can you post the actual video so we can view it, the report adds nothing and zero evidence. 3 times you've posted the link so far and 3 times the same thing

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

As expected, you can't bring yourself to acknowledge you were wrong. More so - actually lied. It's not like some old post that had to be dug up, it's right in-front of you, and you still misrepresented it - multiple times. Get help.

And here we go again with your nonsense (from the article you linked):

Do you actually read what you post? Or just the headlines?

You can't now explain what was moronic about that paragraph.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Here's what you wrote:

Not what the map pic you posted above shows.

There were several declarations about 'safe zones', made at different phases and time of the offensive.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Problem being its video evidence and its not possible to view on archived pages on New York Times

You have the expertise to view these images and judge for yourself? Ya think you're qualified to judge if they're lying? I expect this kind of thing from right wingers but I guess it shows how deeply in the bag you are for Israel that you doubt this evidence. And I've included links to text from the Times that say as much.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Morch said:

Not what the map pic you posted above shows.

There were several declarations about 'safe zones', made at different phases and time of the offensive.

But it is what the text says. You think the Times doesn't have the resources to ascertain when the bombs were dropped? This smacks of desperation.

• Confused 1

Just now, Morch said:

Yes, I can.

You can't even acknowledge your comments were wrong.

You haven't. All this is about me complaining that you claimed something in that text was moronic and I challenged you to explain what it was.

You're finally on ignore.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

During the first six weeks of the war in Gaza, Israel routinely used one of its biggest and most destructive bombs in areas it designated safe for civilians,

As I recall, "safe areas " were only set up when the war was well under way .

Here its reported that a safe zone had been set up on December 7 th , two months into the war .

Were there any "safe areas" during the first six weeks of the war ?

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-refugees-displaced-muwasi-ca3860fafed03cb2333ad0bdf2379e31

Israel designates a safe zone in Gaza. Palestinians and aid groups say it offers little relief

7, December 9, 2023

Edited by Nick Carter icp

Just now, placeholder said:

But it is what the text says. You think the Times doesn't have the resources to ascertain when the bombs were dropped? This smacks of desperation.

No, this smacks of you wishing for such a sense. There is none. I say again, there was an initial phase in the fighting where the word was simply to move south. As operations advanced most of the 'safe zone'  comments and instructions were referring to a specific area near the beach. Looking at the map, it does not seem to be where most (or even many) of these bombs were dropped. Since the map doesn't specify when each bombing took place, it's hard to know.

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

As I recall, "safe areas " were only set up when the war was well under way .

He its reported that a safe zone had been set up on December 7 th , two months into the war .

Were there any "safe areas" during the first six weeks of the war ?

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-refugees-displaced-muwasi-ca3860fafed03cb2333ad0bdf2379e31

Israel designates a safe zone in Gaza. Palestinians and aid groups say it offers little relief

7, December 9, 2023

There's a thing called the google that's available on a thing called the internet that allows you to search for information.

As Israel’s bombing hits declared ‘safe zones’, Palestinians trapped in Gaza find danger everywhere

Oct 19, 2023 10:55 AM EST

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/as-israels-bombing-hits-declared-safe-zones-palestinians-trapped-in-gaza-find-danger-everywhere

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You have the expertise to view these images and judge for yourself? Ya think you're qualified to judge if they're lying? I expect this kind of thing from right wingers but I guess it shows how deeply in the bag you are for Israel that you doubt this evidence. And I've included links to text from the Times that say as much.

Yes you need to read my post again, the "video evidence they talk" about is not viewable.

image.png.a9af9512bb289ee6f95246e8ff5c393b.png

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You haven't. All this is about me complaining that you claimed something in that text was moronic and I challenged you to explain what it was.

You're finally on ignore.

@ozimoron

No, this is about you misrepresenting what I said, multiple times on this exchange alone, let alone the many past instances. You do this with pretty much everyone you respond to.

You expect reasonable answers when you do not post in a reasonable manner. You're bound to be disappointed.

I don't care whether you put me on 'ignore', you all pick anyway. It's just a coward's way of not accepting mistakes.

Just now, placeholder said:

There's a thing called the google that's available on a thing called the internet that allows you to search for information.

As Israel’s bombing hits declared ‘safe zones’, Palestinians trapped in Gaza find danger everywhere

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/as-israels-bombing-hits-declared-safe-zones-palestinians-trapped-in-gaza-find-danger-everywhere

No need to be rude , I did use google and that link didn't appear in my search results 

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, this smacks of you wishing for such a sense. There is none. I say again, there was an initial phase in the fighting where the word was simply to move south. As operations advanced most of the 'safe zone'  comments and instructions were referring to a specific area near the beach. Looking at the map, it does not seem to be where most (or even many) of these bombs were dropped. Since the map doesn't specify when each bombing took place, it's hard to know.

Both me and the NY Times

"During the first six weeks of the war in Gaza, Israel routinely used one of its biggest and most destructive bombs in areas it designated safe for civilians, according to an analysis of visual evidence by The New York Times."

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes you need to read my post again, the "video evidence they talk" about is not viewable.

image.png.a9af9512bb289ee6f95246e8ff5c393b.png

And if it was viewable, you could judge its validity? This is the NY Times we're talking about. Not Fox News. And certainly not some obscure loon with an ax to grind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The article paints a different picture than the headline.

Both me and the NY Times

"During the first six weeks of the war in Gaza, Israel routinely used one of its biggest and most destructive bombs in areas it designated safe for civilians, according to an analysis of visual evidence by The New York Times."

You're just keeping the same on loop, without addressing what I posted.

Not unusual, but tedious.

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Meanwhile, CNN also cited similar findings, stating that  Tel Aviv's bombing in the first month of the war "had not been seen since Vietnam".

https://www.wionews.com/world/israel-used-2000-pound-bombs-to-kill-civilians-in-gaza-reports-672570

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And if it was viewable, you could judge its validity? This is the NY Times we're talking about. Not Fox News. And certainly not some obscure loon with an ax to grind.

Yes I would make a judgement based on what I saw, the NYT is not always correct and in fact in that pbs.org article which mentions the hospital car park missile, the NYT got wrapped.

NEW YORK TIMES
MEDIA CORRECTIONS

https://www.camera.org/article/topic/media-corrections/outlet/new-york-times/

"Accuracy and accountability are among the most important tenets of journalism. In combination, they mean media organizations are expected to publish or broadcast forthright corrections after sharing inaccurate information. The following corrections are among the many prompted by CAMERA’s communication with reporters and editors."

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Both me and the NY Times

You posted the same link and the same quoted paragraph twice within 27 minutes of each other

Why did you do that ? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Israel is using these bombs in crowded civilian areas.

"Eighty-three countries—including the U.S. but not Israel—have signed a declaration that they will not use such explosive weapons in crowded civilian areas."

How concerned is Israel about civilian casualties?

"How concerned is Israel about civilian casualties?"

I think not at all. They'd love to go all out but know it would lose them all remaining support.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2