Anutin Orders Strict New Year Road Safety Measures

webfact

Here we go again... And not a word about TEACHING people how to drive, just repression. Why not teach them how to properly drive first than come with repression. 

And the goal of 12 is laughable, it's Russia's 2019 average. Not appealing to me. Why not aim at 6 (about EU average) ? Thailand stood at 32.2 in 2019, first of asian countries.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

. Most holders of Thai driving licenses would fail a test miserably in a developed country.

Under reciprocal ASEAN arrangements, Thai license holders can drive on their license in other ASEAN Countries. I use my Philippine license regularly. 

1 minute ago, Nickcage49 said:

What a joke. It's the wild wild west out there. Instruct the police to do their jobs, hand out tickets and while you're at it, give out a few parking tickets as well. Pattaya for one is a freaking mess.

I got wheel clamped on Walking Street around 1am, way back in 1987. I must have been the first one in Thailand. It cost me Bt300, reduced from Bt500 because I told the desk sergeant that my brother inlaw was a top policeman. Or I thought I did. I called him a sopolot (pineapple) and not a saluwat (policeman) He is retired now and I met him a week ago and he said to my son "Me sopalot. Bt500." The family joke.

• Sad 1