Thai woman attacked and robbed in Bangkok’s Sukhumvit (Video)

webfact

55 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Show me any city in the world where similar things don't happen!

This story is not about any city in the world,  it's about Thailand and specifically Soi 81 Sukhumvit.  

but thanks for your contribution. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She risks her life to save her bag. Is that smart? IMHO the best resistance in such cases is no resistance. 

She was not given a choice.

She was attacked from behind before any attempt was made to take her bag.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the men jumped off the motorcycle and approached the victim from behind. He hit the woman in the head making the woman run away. She collapsed on the ground, and the man repeatedly attacked her.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

She was not given a choice.

She was attacked from behind before any attempt was made to take her bag.

I watched the video. After the initial attack, which possibly she couldn't avoid, she is fighting with the robber about her bag.

At least I read too many news stories where this behavior goes terribly wrong. Maybe hospital, maybe worse.

Whatever was in that bag can't be so important to risk your health and life - at least IMHO. 

A long time ago I spoke with an ex-drug addict. She told me that many drug addicts do those robberies to get enough money for their next shot. The addicts are desperate, and they don't act rational. They want their fix and don't care about anything else - including the life of other people. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

The bit you missed was the very first sentence in bold type. Hard to miss. 

Big deal, I said I missed it.

Do you want me to write out 100 times that I should pay more attention, headmaster?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She risks her life to save her bag. Is that smart? IMHO the best resistance in such cases is no resistance. 

How do you know what she had in her bag? And what is it with the clowns on this forum? Every time there is a story about a woman being attacked, they come and post a bit of victim blaming. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Presnock said:

spent a couple of years in Japan, Fusamachi and Tokyo and totally agree with this.  They are among the most honable/honest people in a crazy world.  I am embarrassed at how bad the US has become - mostly because so many folks are Trumpers and their answer is violence as he teaches!  my opinion anyway and I definitely am not a democrat but gave up on Republicans too

Trumpers answer is violence?   I believe that most of the violence committed in cities like Baltimore, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, Philadelphia (near where I live) and the like, is not committed by "Trumpers" but by supporters of the democrat party!

My wife opened a restaurant in the city of Philadelphia.  During the first month it was opened, there were 5 murders within a 1 block radius of the restaurant.   There were more murders elsewhere in Philadelphia.  That was in 2012.   And it became worse over the years.  

"Halfway through 2023, shootings are down and more killings are solved. But trauma persists.

More than 900 people have been shot in Philadelphia so far this year, a 20% decrease compared with the same time last year, police data show.

Halfway through 2023, the rate of gun violence in Philadelphia has fallen — albeit slightly. And while the moderate decline over the last six months offers some hope, it follows three of the city’s most violent years in recent memory, and the rate of shootings remains double what it was eight years ago."
I bet you 1000 baht that the people that committed those shootings, do not support Trump!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Big deal, I said I missed it.

Do you want me to write out 100 times that I should pay more attention, headmaster?

Yes but 200x because you answered my SAME EXACT QUESTION TWICE!! 😀Today is the day for you to improve comprehension. And why the heck would you watch vids on here. What's a headmaster? Sounds dirty 

• Haha 1

Anyone else think there might be more to this? Like they knew her and what was in the bag?

She seemed determined to hold on to it, and they determined to get it, most muggers would have run off when she started screaming and running in board daylight, specially with other people around

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Anyone else think there might be more to this? Like they knew her and what was in the bag?

She seemed determined to hold on to it, and they determined to get it, most muggers would have run off when she started screaming and running in board daylight, specially with other people around

I cannot remember ever seeing anything like this in Thailand in over twenty years, people simply don't get physically mugged like this, especially in daylight, except perhaps on Beach Road at night when a necklace is snatched and even that is rare. I think there is more to this, it was targeted and there is more to the story. Whichever idiot said this was the most common crime is full of it, perhaps in New York but not here, not in a million years.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I cannot remember ever seeing anything like this in Thailand in over twenty years, people simply don't get physically mugged like this, especially in daylight, except perhaps on Beach Road at night when a necklace is snatched and even that is rare. I think there is more to this, it was targeted and there is more to the story. Whichever idiot said this was the most common crime is full of it, perhaps in New York but not here, not in a million years.

No more to it -it's not that uncommon. In Bangkok, there are quite often reports of bag snatches on woman from motorcycles, especially quite early when they're heading out to work. I usually have either JS100 or FM91 on the radio when I drive to work in the morning and they've had reports of this kind of crime for a couple of decades. Generally though, the police seem to pick up the perpetrators fairly quickly. Some years ago, there was a spate of attacks with the muggers getting around quite a wide area each morning over a period of weeks but they were finally apprehended. 

2 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Trumpers answer is violence?   I believe that most of the violence committed in cities like Baltimore, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, Philadelphia (near where I live) and the like, is not committed by "Trumpers" but by supporters of the democrat party!

My wife opened a restaurant in the city of Philadelphia.  During the first month it was opened, there were 5 murders within a 1 block radius of the restaurant.   There were more murders elsewhere in Philadelphia.  That was in 2012.   And it became worse over the years.  

"Halfway through 2023, shootings are down and more killings are solved. But trauma persists.

More than 900 people have been shot in Philadelphia so far this year, a 20% decrease compared with the same time last year, police data show.

Halfway through 2023, the rate of gun violence in Philadelphia has fallen — albeit slightly. And while the moderate decline over the last six months offers some hope, it follows three of the city’s most violent years in recent memory, and the rate of shootings remains double what it was eight years ago."
I bet you 1000 baht that the people that committed those shootings, do not support Trump!

in most of the cities controlled by Dem's the local law has been adapted to letting minorities, youths, etc go without any jail time.  That is the problem,

people do not have to pay for committing crimes.  In one of the east coast cities, one car jacker was shot by an off-duty policeman when the perp tried to hijack him using a gun, that perp had 8 other arrests for armed carjacking the previous 8 months or so and was let out on self recognizance each time, no bail or anything else. It began with the BLM riots and their charges all dropped in most cities.  But the violence was brought out and preached by Trump as that has been his answer to anything said negatively about him.  He even talks about how he could out box Biden.  Anyone who has followed Trump since 2016 should easily see how his rhetoric has influence the masses to violence!  Just like jan 6 - he calls that a peaceful demonstration.  

19 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

No more to it -it's not that uncommon. In Bangkok, there are quite often reports of bag snatches on woman from motorcycles, especially quite early when they're heading out to work. I usually have either JS100 or FM91 on the radio when I drive to work in the morning and they've had reports of this kind of crime for a couple of decades. Generally though, the police seem to pick up the perpetrators fairly quickly. Some years ago, there was a spate of attacks with the muggers getting around quite a wide area each morning over a period of weeks but they were finally apprehended. 

I don't believe it.

Wait, I just googled the subject, now I believe it....how sad

6 hours ago, Presnock said:

spent a couple of years in Japan, Fusamachi and Tokyo and totally agree with this.  They are among the most honable/honest people in a crazy world.  I am embarrassed at how bad the US has become - mostly because so many folks are Trumpers and their answer is violence as he teaches!  my opinion anyway and I definitely am not a democrat but gave up on Republicans too

Incredible to think that just 80 years ago, they were a violent, fascist, racist, sadistic and authoritarian society, hell-bent on brutal subjugation of other countries in the Asian region. 

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

I remember a Scottish woman got killed in a bag snatch on Suk Soi 22 about 18 years ago.

Happens fairly frequently in Thailand.