What are most Russians doing here and how are they financing themselves?

bob smith

55 minutes ago, bob smith said:

explain 

A. this topic has been discussed on several occasions, b. it is clear as to what the Russians doing in Thailand, i.e. escaping

the Russian war and possible conscription and dyeing there c. the weather and cost of living, which again, all been done

here again and again...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

what are most BoB Smiths doing here and how are they financing themselves ?

I  thought you would be living in a luxury gated estate , the scenes you describe

are anything but ,seems to be a bit of a ghetto...Bob ,

it's pretty obvious what they are doing here , the majority will be so they don't

have to fight an unjust war ,how are they financing themselves ? , the best they

can I suppose  

regards worgeordie

now the attitude towards russians is like the attitude towards the population of nazi Germany during the second world war no matter were they guilty of Hitler crimes or not

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not what you think. St Petersburg the girls were amazing, easy to pick up also, right up your street

do not manipulate,  I said except few large cities, yes their girls soon will occupy all of Walking Street, and the number of their bars is increasing

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I think the inevitable post high season clean up by immigration will require an extra large net next year.

could even be a case for big joke, you never know!

There has been a couple of places raided were Russians are involved one was tour shop and the other car rent, and they had work permits, 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A. this topic has been discussed on several occasions, b. it is clear as to what the Russians doing in Thailand, i.e. escaping

the Russian war and possible conscription and dyeing there c. the weather and cost of living, which again, all been done

here again and again...

not all are escaping the war, the far eastern part of russia has no other choice to escape winter, and Thailand is the nearest place

I see them smoking tons of pot. Specifically, at The Green Dog Pot Bar in CM, which is near a hostel that they favor.

Money is no object; 500 baht for a high end, one gram spliff is nothing to them.

Most of them arrived with no plan. And now, paralyzed by indica, I predict that onward plans will remain elusive.

I was prepared to blow someone to get out of Vietnam, so I can hardly throw stones at them for dodging a war with much higher death-possibility. During Vietnam, I could have prob blagged my way to being a supply clerk, far from the fighting. In Russia, you're getting sent immediately to the meat grinder-front. 

So pretty much every male with say, $3K saved up, has voted with their feet. They are starving Russia of manpower and creating a massive brain drain, which I think is great.

As I said to one Russian youth recently: 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, anandra said:

my dear friend, you are manipulating again, those pictures were taken from russian websites, as a russian you should know what the cities of Chita, and Vorluta look like. Just randomly pick up any village in russia on Google map and you will see 80% of them will look like that. Tell me please how many percent of the population in russia use wooden half-broken toilets even living in flats, during -30 degrees? Why instead of paying millions of dollars for creating missiles that destroyed a few sheds in Ukraine, not to build the roads, and move people from the wooden barracks, that were built after the Second World War by German captive soldiers??

i can see this is your favourite subject, I'm not interested

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I see many russian families in my project these days,

they seem to be here for months on end

kinda got me thinking.

what are the vast majority of them doing here?

how are they supporting themselves and their families without working?

how long are they going to stay here?

they make lots of noise, especially late at night,

their kids are the worst, shouting and screaming till all hours.

they leave trash everywhere,

i've witnessed their kids spitting on the floor numerous times.

will they ever go home?

why dont they just go back to russia, put on their army uniforms and face the music.

they started the war after all,

best go back home now and fight it imo.

bob.

Whose the nosey parker then?

• Confused 1

Most likely because of corruption and cronyism Russia has more than 100 billionaires and any number of millionaires. Their families, particularly the ones out of favor with the boss, could be hiding out in places like Phuket spending the cash. Maybe that's why they are being welcomed with open arms by the current govt here. 

Interestingly, 67 of these Billionaires are using Cypriot financial services providers to safeguard their wealth from sanctions. That little island has one of the highest rates of billionaires to population outside of HK.

• Agree 1