Jomtien culture compared

smallchungus

11 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I know.... generalizations and ASSumptions, but Vietnam girls are crazy cold hearted b$#€$

Hua Hin and fuket is the same cesspool are probably worse than pattaya for finding a girl.

Your only choice is Bangkok due to a large number of international companies and educated women.

My ex wife is single. Has a good job at working for S i em en s and rich paremts in the South near the beaches.

Her only requirement is Farang baby whicj I couldn't deliver.

Are U up 4 it?

If it wasn’t for these dogs needing a yard I would be doing Bangkok anyway.  I wonder how far out I would need to be for a 2 bedroom house with a yard to rent.  I don’t want to go over $1,000 USD a month rent.

1 minute ago, jimn said:

You are in the wrong country if you just want a normal relationship. It will be near nai impossible to find a girl who does not want paying. Every girl unless she comes from a rich family will want you to take care of her financially. This is not just bar girls. The girls who are here are in the main from a village somewhere and work here to support their family. Good luck with finding someone where money is not involved.

I’m willing to pay the bills and everything if she will be a mother.  I don’t want to be paying a salary.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

I never paid any bills or salary to any women in Thailand. 

I have a week in Philippines and up to a month in Thailand so I should be able to make a pretty decent assessment of which will be better for me.  I hope Thailand works because everything is nicer when it comes to hospitals, food, and infrastructure, but it won’t really matter if I’m a bad fit with the people.  Very exciting trip coming up 😎

15 hours ago, smallchungus said:

I’ve heard to avoid Pattaya for finding long term relationships because of the bar girls and general sexpat culture of the city.  I have zero interest in anything related to this.  Is Jomtien going to also be a bad choice for finding a potential long term relationship/wife as well due to its proximity to Pattaya?  Would I be better off going to somewhere like Phuket or Hua Hin?  I don’t drink so bars in general aren’t going to be of any appeal.  My main interest in the general Pattaya area is the number of restaurants, quality hospitals, cost of living, and not getting obliterated by smoke season.

Congrats, your still young(30's)and you know what you want. I do believe it's harder after the age of 30, than when you're in your 20's. A guy in his 30's is definitely considered an adult, where a guy in his 20's is still considered an extension of his teenage years. Most guys in their 30's obviously not only look older but have had a marriage/kids/divorce..but they are more mature and usually better off financially. I've been here in Thailand 18 months I've seen a few successes but they are rare. Most successes are older guys who have 40'ish wives who are very plain looking. As far as good looking girls go--one guy I know is 56 he's very well off financially, always been very smart, he has a nice much younger gf he looked around here in Pattaya area for 3 years to finally pick the right one. Another guy is 62 he has a much younger g/f, she's a marathon runner all he had to do was buy her a 15-20 million baht condo in Jomtien.  

I hang out with a lot of friends here in Pattaya, the guys who don't commit are happy 24/7. 90% of the guys who commit are unhappy at least half the time. The sex addicts are, of course, miserable. The alcoholics are, of course, happy lol. 

My advice to a guy in his 30's who knows what he wants? If you can be happy with a plain girl, you'll probably be alright. If you want a pretty girl you should really plan everything out to the nth degree otherwise you'll lose control and be miserable. If you have 1k-7k Euros a month I'd say VERY DIFFICULT you can get and keep a pretty girl. If you don't have 8k Euros a month you're young you can reinvent yourself and get it. I wouldn't try Thailand though, I'd probably go for a nice S. Korean girl who wants out of S. Korea(they work hard and are much better looking) or go for a nice Colombian girl(you can be 100% that they will take care of your kids).

Yes, you can make Thailand work for you but it's simply too hard and you need a lot of money. 

6 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Congrats, your still young(30's)and you know what you want. I do believe it's harder after the age of 30, than when you're in your 20's. A guy in his 30's is definitely considered an adult, where a guy in his 20's is still considered an extension of his teenage years. Most guys in their 30's obviously not only look older but have had a marriage/kids/divorce..but they are more mature and usually better off financially. I've been here in Thailand 18 months I've seen a few successes but they are rare. Most successes are older guys who have 40'ish wives who are very plain looking. As far as good looking girls go--one guy I know is 56 he's very well off financially, always been very smart, he has a nice much younger gf he looked around here in Pattaya area for 3 years to finally pick the right one. Another guy is 62 he has a much younger g/f, she's a marathon runner all he had to do was buy her a 15-20 million baht condo in Jomtien.  

I hang out with a lot of friends here in Pattaya, the guys who don't commit are happy 24/7. 90% of the guys who commit are unhappy at least half the time. The sex addicts are, of course, miserable. The alcoholics are, of course, happy lol. 

My advice to a guy in his 30's who knows what he wants? If you can be happy with a plain girl, you'll probably be alright. If you want a pretty girl you should really plan everything out to the nth degree otherwise you'll lose control and be miserable. If you have 1k-7k Euros a month I'd say VERY DIFFICULT you can get and keep a pretty girl. If you don't have 8k Euros a month you're young you can reinvent yourself and get it. I wouldn't try Thailand though, I'd probably go for a nice S. Korean girl who wants out of S. Korea(they work hard and are much better looking) or go for a nice Colombian girl(you can be 100% that they will take care of your kids).

Yes, you can make Thailand work for you but it's simply too hard and you need a lot of money. 

You are making the Philippines sound better and better.  I don’t want a transactional nightmare relationship.  A traditional woman who wants to be a mother has to exist somewhere.

38 minutes ago, BonnieandClyde said:

Any girl who has been part of the bar/prostitution scene in Thailand is seriously damaged goods

You might be right, but just out of curiosity. How do you know that? As I see it, there are different types of girls/women. The ones that like sex a lot, and the ones who only want to make it with their true love.

Would you say that a man who had hundreds of different girls before meeting the right one and settle down is damaged goods as well?

Also the expression damaged goods, is very much in the eye of the beholder. Some men like girls with great urge for sex and experience of it. The choice of a bar girl with that mindset, could just be compared to any other girl who has a steak of nymphomania in her veins.

Sure, there are the ones that are forced into a life as a prostitute, and there you are probably 100 % right. However, that does not include any girl, like you expressed it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, smallchungus said:

You are making the Philippines sound better and better.  I don’t want a transactional nightmare relationship.  A traditional woman who wants to be a mother has to exist somewhere.

If you a nice guy with a friendly disposition and a smile to match, and have a half decent income not for handouts but to support a family,  then I doubt you'll have a problem in your 30's finding the type of girl you want in Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Really?  I pay a lady cleaner to clean my house, a pool lady to clean my pool and a gardener couple to look after my garden.  I also pay ladies for street food, in the coffee shop and at the gas station.  I also pay the lady at the Big C till and in Subway.  You must live a very odd life if you pay no bills to women here. 

Suggestion: Go back and read the thread again. After that, maybe also you can join with mutual understanding of the subject discussed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I'll tell you something I would never do, and that is to look for advice on a board like this if I was in my 30s again and upwardly mobile as you are saying you are. It doesn't make sense.

I was here in Thailand in my 30s and in business here, and met a person that I have now been with for 27 years, but back then, there was no online dating.

Even if there was, I would not have used it.

One thing for sure, you ain't going to find the mother of your children or love of your life on a Western/Thailand message board.

You have to get out there and put yourself about and make friends with like-minded educated people and companions, that's how we did it, or I did anyway.!

I didn't just look for an incubator to reproduce.

I didn’t say I was upwardly mobile or just looking for an incubator.  I’m obviously not looking for a partner on this website.  I’m looking for other people’s experiences so I can optimize my route and get the most out of my trip over there

17 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If you a nice guy with a friendly disposition and a smile to match, and have a half decent income not for handouts but to support a family,  then I doubt you'll have a problem in your 30's finding the type of girl you want in Thailand. 

If he has all the above attributes, he shouldn't have a problem finding a partner anywhere in the world.

Why would he be in Thailand? And especially Pattaya?

There are equally good hospitals, restaurants, and activities throughout the country, so he can't say he specifically chose Pattaya just for these reasons.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Suggestion: Go back and read the thread again. After that, maybe also you can join with mutual understanding of the subject discussed.

Go back and read the post that I was commenting on, instead of rushing blindly to your keyboard 

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

If he has all the above attributes, he shouldn't have a problem finding a partner anywhere in the world.

There are equally good hospitals, restaurants, and activities throughout the country, so you can't say specifically chose Pattaya just for these reasons.

If you would actually read the thread I am wanting to know what Jomtien is like, if it is sexpat focused, and to avoid that.  You are such a hero.

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

I disagree.  There are probably more women working just at convenience stores--7-11s, Tops, etc.--all over the greater Pattaya area than in the bars.  Then add in all the other retail--everything from banks to clothing stores to electronincs/cell phone stores to opticians to pharmacies to shoe shops to--the list is endless.  Then add in all the hospital workers and all the workers at health clinics, dentists, etc.  Hospitals are big employers of women and we have at least 4.  Then add in all the workers at the hotels, restaurants, tourist places, etc.  Then add in all the women working in Mom and Pop shops--everything from street food vendors to laundries to barbers and beauty salons, etc. etc.  No contest.

A lot of them or legal age working in normal jobs are up for some P4P. In fact, many of them go out to clubs and sell the punani too or are semi-pro for some extra cash. Ones that work in retail, fast food restaurants, waitresses, hotels, dental assistants, salons, etc.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, smallchungus said:

If you would actually read the thread I am wanting to know what Jomtien is like, if it is sexpat focused, and to avoid that.  You are such a hero.

Jomtien is the ' lite ' version of Pattaya.

Not as heavy or in your face.

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

There are equally good hospitals, restaurants, and activities throughout the country, so you can't say specifically chose Pattaya just for these reasons.

Thai girls are different to western girls. Many of them. Maybe he likes them and finds that area has what he wants in other ways and he is wondering if nice girls are available which they likely are.

I am thinking of retiring around that area and not due to financial constraints or due to ladies of the night. 

26 minutes ago, smallchungus said:

There are no real "traditional" women in the Pattaya area. 90% of them are from out of province coming here to sell what they have.

"Wants to be a mother" - well, most of them are already single mothers while a small handful don't have kids already. The ones that are dumped their kids in the village for their parents to look after while they make the moolah here. Some wants more kids, others don't.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Thai girls are different to western girls. Many of them. Maybe he likes them and finds that area has what he wants in other ways and he is wondering if nice girls are available which they likely are.

I am thinking of retiring around that area and not due to financial constraints or due to ladies of the night. 

Well, it is like everywhere in the world, and dating here is no different.

Common interests, common ground, educational standards, likes, and dislikes.

Be honest, the fizz goes out of sex after a while, and then it's down to being compatible.

A large problem with Isaarn bar girls working in Pattaya is they have listened to friends who have married foreigners and live abroad, no doubt, the stories are spiced up to get the locals jealous, by the same such girls.

This fuels the fire and the dream that the streets of London are paved with Gold etc

There isn't going to be much in common if, for example, you have worked around the World in Oil and Gas, and she can only talk about the village and rice harvest upcountry.

Edited by Scouse123