1st Class insurance.

NoshowJones

Anyone got it? Are you confident Thai insurance companies will pay out for hospital expenses, or hospitals will give insurance companies what they need in the event of a claim?

I have it on good authority a motorcyclist was taken to hospital and the hospital did not take a blood test to prove the motorcyclist hadn't been drinking,

The insurance company then refused to pay out 400,000Bt of hospital treatment because of this. I know this was the hospitals fault for not taking the blood test.

But if you have correct filled in the insurance companies form, can you be confident of getting paid in the event of a claim?

24 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Actually, it was the driver of the motorbike's fault. No one in their right mind would get on a motorbike in Thailand.

a friend of mine, cycles a lot maybe 12k km a year, just got hit by a car walking on Buakhao, more exposed walking than a bicycle or motorbike

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i was surprised how low Roojai put on a 1 year old Click 160. Roojai 40k, MSIG 50k, Roojai was cheaper but inferior cover.

As for medical cover on the insurance, how much is yours? on mine it's only 50k

less than 7000Bt for everything on 8 year  old Forza.

If there isn't a policy condition that stipulates that the policyholder must obtain a blood alcohol test after an accident, then I would question how an error or omission of a hospital that is not a party to the contract of insurance could void coverage for the policyholder.

I do see how an insurer might take this stance, but I'm not sure it would stand up if this were taken to the OIC.

Is there something else in play here that isn't mentioned in the OP? 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

20 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If there isn't a policy condition that stipulates that the policyholder must obtain a blood alcohol test after an accident, then I would question how an error or omission of a hospital that is not a party to the contract of insurance could void coverage for the policyholder.

I do see how an insurer might take this stance, but I'm not sure it would stand up if this were taken to the OIC.

Is there something else in play here that isn't mentioned in the OP? 

a good example where a lawyer may be required, can't just rely on OIC, how long would that drift on

16 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Anyone got it? Are you confident Thai insurance companies will pay out for hospital expenses, or hospitals will give insurance companies what they need in the event of a claim?

I have it on good authority a motorcyclist was taken to hospital and the hospital did not take a blood test to prove the motorcyclist hadn't been drinking,

The insurance company then refused to pay out 400,000Bt of hospital treatment because of this. I know this was the hospitals fault for not taking the blood test.

But if you have correct filled in the insurance companies form, can you be confident of getting paid in the event of a claim?

Sounds weird to me You don't need to prove that you were not drinking unless the policy states that which I've never seen. I've whitnessed 3 motorbike accidents that got covered by insurance in my friends and family environment. Not once did insurance want to see a blood test. They just covered the expenses without much fuss. What they were more interested in is the documentation from police about the accident if another party was involved so they can claw back the expenses from them.

If the policy really does state that then it's on you as the insured to make sure the hospital will do a blood test. The hospital will not study your policy. They don't even have access to it unless you hand it to them.

36 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Sounds weird to me You don't need to prove that you were not drinking unless the policy states that which I've never seen. I've whitnessed 3 motorbike accidents that got covered by insurance in my friends and family environment. Not once did insurance want to see a blood test. They just covered the expenses without much fuss. What they were more interested in is the documentation from police about the accident if another party was involved so they can claw back the expenses from them.

If the policy really does state that then it's on you as the insured to make sure the hospital will do a blood test. The hospital will not study your policy. They don't even have access to it unless you hand it to them.

I'm sorry, I have just wrote a long reply and it has disappeared right before my eyes, but thanks, your answer has been very helpful.

Edited by NoshowJones

I was unable to get RooJai motorcycle insurance, I'm driving a Yamaha Nouvo LC Elegance 135cc. Their system "no have" and when I inquired by phone, they said if system no have, then RooJai doesn't want to insure that model.

I can't quite understand why not.