Drunk British suspect refuses arrest and tries to injure Thai police

webfact

41 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

The fragility of the British middle-aged gammon 

Vocabulary Review

gammon ----Thick pig
Loves chips and fried eggs
Found in a boozer (as opposed to a bar) or in Wetherspoons. Middle aged bloke who gets pink faced from shouting.
Gammon is a description of what they look like when in a heightened state of emotion. Usually an irrational state of anger related to something they've been told to get angry about, not something they actually understand. Or drunk, or both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

And we really care about what you think, don't we, Mister 24 posts!

Not stereotyping at all, are we?

Or are you judging Brits on the type of Brits you meet in the places you spend your leisure time and frequent?

So if he had 200,000 posts he becomes what?? An expert? A mature to be highly respected poster? Most real stereotypes are based on truth. New posters are HIGHLY needed here. 

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The police were seen laughing at his action and used a clipboard to push Martin away. All the officers tried to speak to Martin in a friendly manner, but he seemed to ignore them.

Last time saw a bunch of BiB standing around laughing at a raving drunk farang the one with the most decorations on his shirt eventually drifted over to the nutter, keeping the joviality going, then suddenly did one of those spin kicks, giving farang a face full of foot. Brother Marty here got off easy.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I agree and I see many American.polic e and Australian police do this but Thai police tend to hold back with foreigners for some reason

Of course going on what I see on YouTube the UK police seem to be the worst ,some middle aged or older fool working past his prime (without a gun ) turns up at a gang crime with his pot belly 

In reality a farang behaving like this should of been handcuffed immediately 

Thai Police are pretty good at subduing crazed individuals, Thais as well as foreigners.  I've recently noticed a number of incidents on the news where Thai police use long poles with wide, forked ends to fend off aggressive people and pin them against a wall.  Much less harmful to all involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzzBlizz said:

You lost all credibility with me with the screen name of "fredwiggy" and I never knew any prejudices until I worked outside of my country, and it always seemed to come from the Brits in my particular experiences. Oh well, can't change them all... Pip.. pip...

Judging by my screen name, a name from childhood that just sounded funny, doesn't mean anything. Being an Ozzy fan, but not an idol worshiper, your name means the same to me. Just a name, personal reasons. I've known idiots from many nationalities, but still can't judge, because that isn't fair unless you know a majority of a population, meaning over 75%, and even then.

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

fortunately they hardly use their guns here in Australia

But ......there is a habit of kneeing alleged offenders particularly in  Sydney which should be outlawed,

I have witnessed this myself as they shout out "stop resisting" and use knee kicks to the ribs !!

Usually to some poor drunk who is NOT resistjng !

What other police force allow this !!! 

Absolutely barbaric stuff ,it's almost like Sydney police learn this barbaric technique on their first day ,there is no need for knee kicks to ribs 

I fully agree with your post.  In California, and especially the Sheriffs and LAPD, they are  known to use this "stop resisting" bullsh**T and beat the crap out of you.  This originated in the CA prison system, where the guards would yell our "Stop Resisting" when they beat you, sometimes to death.  Cameras were installed to mitigate this and then body cameras followed.

• Confused 1

"Poor Marty" would just be another pathetic drunken Brit, prone to disrobing, singing and starting fights. Laughable and needing a night in a cell to sober up.

However, for me the fact that he was driving and had a crash puts him in another category. I would like to see him permanently removed from Thailand's roads however that can best be achieved.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Classic ... sadly he'll only get a small fine, instead of jail & deportation.  

Hopefully the wife won't bail him out, and his bags will be curbside when he does get out.   Almost feel sorry for her.  Imagine living with someone like that ... Holy Buddha.   Obviously has no respect for himself, let along anyone else.

"Matin faces a charge of drunk driving which will result in imprisonment of up to one year and a fine from 5,000 to 20,000 baht". Read the full story mate.

• Like 1

Who needs tourists or high season when you have such fine specimens living here 😂

Say all you want about Thai police , but if this took place in UK or US or AU , guy would have been tasered and handcuffed, not that he did not deserve it 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

"Matin faces a charge of drunk driving which will result in imprisonment of up to one year and a fine from 5,000 to 20,000 baht". Read the full story mate.

He will not get jailed . He will be fined about 8000 baht , but if he is on visa extension , he willl not be able to extend again. He will have to fly out to get a new visa 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

And how often does anyone get more than a 5k baht fine, and yet to hear of someone going  to jail, unless they killed someone.

... 100k & jail for flying a drone

... 100k & jail for littering on beaches

... death sentence (I think still there) but when was the last that was giving,  Confess and you get 8 yrs, no matter how brutal it was.

What's in print & reality, usually doesn't align themselves.

Edited by KhunLA

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

He will not get jailed . He will be fined about 8000 baht , but if he is on visa extension , he willl not be able to extend again. He will have to fly out to get a new visa 

Any examples of this, not been able to renew an extension?

I thought Brit quality tourists like this guy fine specimen went to Spain and upset people there

Now they are here in Thailand as Ex-pats getting us fine  Brits a bad name 

Hope he receives his just rewards 🙏 

Needs to get rid of the pick-up and ride a bicycle 🚲