Nobody Can Visit Thaksin At Hospital If He Says No: Somsak

webfact

3 hours ago, koolkarl said:

It amazes me the humiliation the Thai people keep taking.  And as long as they do nothing, they will keep getting humiliated. If I stole a candy bar at 7-11, I would be doing 5 years hard time.

Let us not exaggerate, where is the humiliation? whether he does time or not has no effect on the average person on the street, I'm pretty sure most couldn't care less, they have more pressing problems. I'm no lawyer but I'm sure a candy bar theft wouldn't see you doing time at all, a fine perhaps.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, neeray said:

Ah shucks. I'll just bet there are lots of AN members who were planning to casually drop by, unannounced, over the next week or two to wish the old boy well. Kind of a "get well soon" greeting.

Yes,  I sent a get well card ,                  “ get well - - - -“

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

True, but 40 million bodies not doing anything is still 40 million bodies not doing anything, next year or 5 years from now.

If they have power they are choosing not to use it.

Cultural conditioning :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, AboutThaim said:

Why is it always 'cum convict at large' when he hasn't been 'at large' since he was arrested?  Maybe 'ex convict at large' might be a better description.

Because he's Thaksin Shinawatra, hiso untouchable cult hero!

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

NOBODY CAN VISIT the “sickly” de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict at large Thaksin Shinawatra at Police Hospital if he refuses to be visited, according to Deputy Prime Minister Somsak Thepsuthin.

Laughable.

It is no more "laughable" than his refusing to see unwanted visitors if he was still in prison, both are his legal privilege.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, phil2407 said:

Wasn't it said the other day no-one is allowed to visit him? Now it's said it's up to him whose allowed, whose not! Which one is it? 

No one is allowed to visit him without his agreement...that's what it is, exactly the same as for anyone else in hospital (or prison).

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

As he is a convict I doubt he has many rights, especially if MPs want to inspect his room. 

All convicts can decide who they accept visits from and MPs do not have the right to inspect him in his accommodation without his agreement, or force their presence on him, whether he is in hospital or in Klong Prem.

• Thumbs Up 1

When's the next election and respected campaigns? 

They're just lying in wait allowing all this to pass over..........and it will. 

Truly surprised there hasn't been any news of a pending Yingluck return. 

Could be worse, I guess. Could be a military run regime.:whistling:

Jeez, you A.N. Thaksin conspiracy theorists are spinning out of control.

"He's not in hospital", "He's not sick" and " the night before he came home he was parting (sic) with the top guy in Cambodia". Didn't his plane arrive at DMK from Singapore that morning? If so, he wasn't in Cambodia the previous night.

As I said before; give up tilting at windmills guys and pick a bogeyman more worthy of your oh so erudite theorising.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

NOBODY CAN VISIT the “sickly” de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict at large Thaksin Shinawatra at Police Hospital if he refuses to be visited, according to Deputy Prime Minister Somsak Thepsuthin.

Somsak said today (Dec.22) the patient is “legally privileged” to maintain ultimate privacy and decide for himself whether he may disagree to having anyone other than family members and medical personnel visit him in a tight-security ward at Police Hospital where he has been staying beyond a 120-day period earlier provided by law.

Somsak was responding to news reports that members of the House Committee on Police Affairs are scheduled to visit the de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict at large at the hospital on Jan.12 with apparent intent to find out the truth about his secrecy-shrouded “illnesses” which have been obviously keeping him from being literally put behind bars at Bangkok Remand Prison since the last four months.

House committee chair Chaichana Dejdecho has earlier said hospital doctors and prison officials who had testified before his panel had largely failed to shed light upon the deposed prime minister’s current health condition and correctional procedures for the handling of convicts outside of a prison.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

De facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra, left, and Deputy Prime Minister Somsak Thepsuthin, right.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-12-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

he's calling the shots, if he don't want to see you, then he won't!

he's completely in charge! 

what a 'prisoner'!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All convicts can decide who they accept visits from and MPs do not have the right to inspect him in his accommodation without his agreement, or force their presence on him, whether he is in hospital or in Klong Prem.

I am fairly sure as he is detained at the taxpayers expense, MPs are allowed to view his accommodation to ensure value for money for the taxpayers.  Can prisoners pay for private accommodation? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, RobU said:

Rules of patient confidentiality apply just as much to prisoners. I have said before no one has the right to know his medical details unless he allows it. I am pleased to hear that no one can visit unless he gives permission other than medical/nursing staff. This very nasty attempt by politicians to break the law and 'find out what is wrong' is foiled. For god's sake leave him alone the law says no one can know anything unless he gives permission and it has always been so.

Fact is that even if the 'House Committee on Police Affairs' were to visit his bedside, none of them would be in any position to give a medical evaluation or opinion on his condition or treatment regime.

Perhaps there are other things that may be slightly more important involving 'Police Affairs' they could turn their attention to.

When I was seriously ill in hospital I only allowed a handful of people in to me, a couple at a time, once a day. (Except for me lass of course.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Fact is that even if the 'House Committee on Police Affairs' were to visit his bedside, none of them would be in any position to give a medical evaluation or opinion on his condition or treatment regime.

Perhaps there are other things that may be slightly more important involving 'Police Affairs' they could turn their attention to.

When I was seriously ill in hospital I only allowed a handful of people in to me, a couple at a time, once a day. (Except for me lass of course.) 

I agree. Perhaps if some of the people jumping up and down waving their panties had all their medical records published in the Thai English press and a visit from the immigration police to check their health status, they might change their minds

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, crazykopite said:

If he was in prison  he would be allowed a 10 minute visit like all othe prisoners the same conditions should only be allowed in the police hospital as he is a prisoner be it thar he has been given the most preferential treatment afforded to any prisoner in the Kingdom . Come the next election he and his party will be sent to the abyss the Thai people don’t forget the promises that have been broken nor the way he has been allowed to escape a prison sentence ,they well know that this was a well negotiated plan in order for him to return to the kingdom 

After this past year's election,  Thai democracy is dead and done. It's basically an exercise in futility. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All convicts get to dictate who visits them!

Not if they are officials....... pretty sure they can't reject a visit from the warden, a guard or how about a doctor!

I'm pretty sure that you understood my meaning.  The warden or  prison guards would not be visitors and they could reject medical treatment if they desired, but, again, a prison doctor would not be a visitor.   MPs are not prison officials and no prisoner would have to accept a forced visit from them.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jonclark said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I am fairly sure as he is detained at the taxpayers expense, MPs are allowed to view his accommodation to ensure value for money for the taxpayers.  Can prisoners pay for private accommodation? 

The MPs could view his accommodation, I'm sure,(if the medical staff who are responsible for is well-being permit it) but they cannot insist on Thaksin agreeing to accept a visit from them to see him, which is what I said.  Obviously, prisoners cannot pay for private accommodation.