Thai woman shares experience in helping airline catch thief on plane

webfact

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

After the lights went out, Kanya saw the man buy a bag from an overhead compartment, take something out of the bag and keep it in the same place. It would have been normal if the bag was his, but it was not. Kanya saw the real owner of the bag pick it up to get a pen, and this made her realise that the man must be a thief.

Didn't know one can "buy" bags on a plane... LOL. 

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

From the OP, what part of Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-26 is causing you difficulty here?

I thought that a rule here was that only the headline and the first three sentences can be posted , as there were more than three sentences posted , I assumed that the whole story had been posted 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I thought that a rule here was that only the headline and the first three sentences can be posted , as there were more than three sentences posted , I assumed that the whole story had been posted 

DILLIGAF

Talk to a Mod if you think they're abusing their own fair use rules.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What happened in the end ?

Did he steal something?

Was he caught ?

Were the stolen items returned ?

Was he arrested and charged ?

So much nit picking as pinkbob said.

Just read the first sentence in the article:-

shared her experience of witnessing a theft and aiding in the arrest

33 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The good lady has already mentioned that her English is not good, be nice.

"Kanya’s English skills were more than enough for communication. The cabin crew received the note and nodded once to let Kanya know she understood the situation.

by Petch Petpailin..."

So I guess, Petch Petpailin's (at "The Thaiger") isn't either, and "The Thaiger" can't afford proofreaders...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

"Kanya’s English skills were more than enough for communication. The cabin crew received the note and nodded once to let Kanya know she understood the situation.

by Petch Petpailin..."

So I guess, Petch Petpailin's (at "The Thaiger") isn't either, and "The Thaiger" can't afford proofreaders...

With all due respect, his English is still much better than your Thai. And same goes for all other posters mocking the wrong words in original post. Thaiger obviously could afford to hire proofreaders. But would you guys be willing to pay for your news?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

With all due respect, his English is still much better than your Thai. And same goes for all other posters mocking the wrong words in original post. Thaiger obviously could afford to hire proofreaders. But would you guys be willing to pay for your news?

Comparison to readers' competency in the Thai language is a dumb argument. Such readers don't pose as a 'journalist' on a Thai language website and don't post in Thai. There is no reason to have to put up with bad English by so-called journalists if they are not up to it. Get someone else, there are lots of Thais competent and fluent in English, and able to consult a dictionary as well.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1