Yingluck Patiently Awaits Homecoming In Thaksin’s Style

webfact

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

My thoughts too. I was led to believe that you had to serve one third of your sentence before being even eligible for a pardon. In his case that would be about 2 1/2 years? He served 8 hours did he not....:whistling: 

His sentence was reduced to 1 year from 8. Given the authority which reduced it, woul be unwise to post opinions challenging its, umh, legitimacy!

Given that he returned, and was incarcerated on the 22nd of August, he is eligible now.

The conditions of his incarceration have no bearing on any parole or pardon, it is merely enough that he was deprived of his liberty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just has to wait for her  brother's miraculous recovery and pardon, then he will clear the way I expect. 

The military is not going to be so quick to let her back in. She is their bargaining chip for the Senate elections.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

What Senate elections? 

In May, when the Senate changes, there is going to have to be some sort of vote, be it in the House of rep or somehow.  Any attempt by the PTP coalition to simply appoint people they want will not make people happy and could cause an election at best or be strongly remembered and ridiculed in the next election, whenever that is.

The PTP made a lot of promises and so far has kept none of them.  The more they are shown to be military puppets, the worse it gets for them in the next election.

Also, according to the constitution, there will only be 200 this time.

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

In May, when the Senate changes, there is going to have to be some sort of vote, be it in the House of rep or somehow.  Any attempt by the PTP coalition to simply appoint people they want will not make people happy and could cause an election at best or be strongly remembered and ridiculed in the next election, whenever that is.

The PTP made a lot of promises and so far has kept none of them.  The more they are shown to be military puppets, the worse it gets for them in the next election.

Keep dreaming.

Most of what you say about people unhappy, promises not kept, is correct.

Remembered at the next election is something completely different though.

This is a populist government, so close to the next election people will be made happy, and their memory will fade, or there will be solutions in place, similar to previous elections, to make sure those who are supposed to govern will govern

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Keep dreaming.

Most of what you say about people unhappy, promises not kept, is correct.

Remembered at the next election is something completely different though.

This is a populist government, so close to the next election people will be made happy, and their memory will fade, or there will be solutions in place, similar to previous elections, to make sure those who are supposed to govern will govern

I think people forgetting is what the military counted on they did a lot just before the election to look better but the damage had been done.

I am hoping that the MFP have learned a few things about what they need to do to resolve issues. Like naming more than one person and making sure they are squeaky clean.

I agree, though, that the military/elite will prepare the best they can to put in the stop gaps.  But with fewer senators (supposedly) AND a PTP that may hemorrhage votes, the MFP should be stronger.

You can best be sure that they are going to remind people of the games that were played to rob Thais of their government,  

It is going ot be interesting to see how well some of these parties do.  I think the Dems are finished as a significant power party.  The military parties will win some seats, but a lot of people are not going to be happy being reminded of the games they played, including letting Thaksi back into the country on a sweetheart deal.

The idea that it will all be forgotten is a false narrative. You can be sure that people will be reminded, especially if the PTP screws up and does almost nothing they promised.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

I think people forgetting is what the military counted on they did a lot just before the election to look better but the damage had been done.

I am hoping that the MFP have learned a few things about what they need to do to resolve issues. Like naming more than one person and making sure they are squeaky clean.

I agree, though, that the military/elite will prepare the best they can to put in the stop gaps.  But with fewer senators (supposedly) AND a PTP that may hemorrhage votes, the MFP should be stronger.

You can best be sure that they are going to remind people of the games that were played to rob Thais of their government,  

It is going ot be interesting to see how well some of these parties do.  I think the Dems are finished as a significant power party.  The military parties will win some seats, but a lot of people are not going to be happy being reminded of the games they played, including letting Thaksi back into the country on a sweetheart deal.

The idea that it will all be forgotten is a false narrative. You can be sure that people will be reminded, especially if the PTP screws up and does almost nothing they promised.

Yingluk is the Queen of Hearts for PT. Photogenic, approachable, she appeals to folks upcountry, unlike Thaksin's daughter.

She's geographically challenged, couldn't remember which Thai provinces were next to the sea when she was PM, but image is all.

However, maybe she's had enough of being dragged into politics.

Personally I think the elite are scared stuff of Pita and MF, too many brains there, which fills me with apprehension for the January verdicts on Pita's two cases.

18 hours ago, TruthinThailand said:

Is there a reason why you always refer to Taksin as “de facto boss cum convict etc. Etc”. Why not just “Former Prime Minister”?

Exactly!  Gets on my nerves to hear the “ convict at large” spouting in every article.  Someone ought to explain the meaning to the authors. 

• Sad 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And I had hope that this country got rid of all those corrupt Shinawatras.

(And yes, I know, that is not the only corrupt family.)

Yep, start at a much higher level 😉

23 hours ago, TruthinThailand said:

Is there a reason why you always refer to Taksin as “de facto boss cum convict etc. Etc”. Why not just “Former Prime Minister”?

If we have to explain,,,you probably will still not understand...but let's  give it a shot, you can put lipstick on a pig,  but it's  still a pig

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I? She was incompetent. That was obvious. She should have never applied for the job.

But she did apply for the job, and she was responsible, and bad things happened while she was officially in charge. She was responsible and she should be made responsible. "I am sorry" is not good enough. And "I have no idea, I just did what my brother told me to do" is not much better.

...Thank you   "Three times !"

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/28/2023 at 2:16 AM, still kicking said:

What a corrupt country this is 

Corrupt in why she got sent away in the first place! She’s not perfect but she’s not her prik of a brother and certainly nowhere near on par with the bloody army and the current illegitimate government… yes, which actually includes her brother!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/28/2023 at 5:42 AM, TruthinThailand said:

OK, then:

Former Prime Minister, “de facto boss cum convict etc.”

Is that better?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The military is not going to be so quick to let her back in. She is their bargaining chip for the Senate elections.

Thaksin has his own communication channel upwards and doesn't need any mediation by the army. The army will do what it is told to do.

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Also, according to the constitution, there will only be 200 this time.

Unless there is an amendment to the constitution, it won't be the government which will appoint Senators.

The process is controlled by the yellow-green network and they will likely want to keep the only remaining asset left. So the Senate will likely be yellow coloured.

The only good news is that, If I remember well, the new Senate won't elect the PM any more.

On 12/28/2023 at 6:50 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

She was not in a position to call an election at the time of the coup, she had already been removed from office by the CC.   

"...land was sold..."

Which "land was sold"?

She was still PM at that time, and anyway, her government was not removed and was still the caretaker government after that. Elections had been agreed by the election commission. That 's why the coup happened, in order to prevent Thai citizen to choose their next government.

Thai government, poll body agree on July 20 vote

Updated 4:33 PM UTC+1, April 30, 2014

https://apnews.com/general-news-692f473a2a564b15afeba9b4dfd5193b

13 minutes ago, candide said:
On 12/28/2023 at 12:50 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

She was not in a position to call an election at the time of the coup, she had already been removed from office by the CC.   

"...land was sold..."

Which "land was sold"?

She was still PM at that time

She was not the PM at the time of the coup, Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan replaced her and was acting PM at the time of the coup.

Which was the land that you confusingly referred to as being sold?

She will likely be let off. Now that Pheu Thai has cut the treasonous deal with the army, all bets are off. They completely betrayed their base of support, and the nation. The army is the last institution in the world this nation wants anything to do with. Any reputation they may have once had, has gone down the drain with those very long 9 years of ineptitude, malfeasance, corruption and theft. So, where does the nation go from here? It is likely to continue it's backwards spin. Perhaps into near oblivion and even a greater degree of irrelevance. It is likely after jumping in bed with the army, all charges will be dropped. Did they sacrifice the long term well being of the nation to avoid his prison term? Yes, and just say no to the incredibly toxic and heinous Thai army.

Thailand mourns. For now, its future has been stolen once again by the army thieves and goons. The army is no doubt the enemy of the people, and so is the new stooge PM. The recent election shows that the people are both sick of being led by highly ignorant dinosaurs, with no interest in progress, and are interested in smart, young folks, who are serious, accomplished, capable of change, reform, getting rid of ridiculous laws, and interested in insuring that Thailand has a good future. Pita is exactly what this nation needs, at this point in time. However, he was too progressive, and the goons had to stop him, in the name of regression.

19 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Those ridiculously toxic and corrupt senators would need to steal the election, to get back in. I doubt the people would tolerate that, though I have been surprised before. These senators need to be declared enemies of the state. They have essentially committed treason, at this point. A list of their names and photos needs to be circulated. The people need to call them and their children, siblings, and parents out at work, at school, at restaurants, and in public.
Shame them into submission.
Embarrass them to no end.

Make their lives so uncomfortable that the army cannot find any replacements! It just might work.
Make them conscious of the incredible amount of damage and erosion to democracy they have caused.

They deserve more scorn and humiliation, not less. Bring it on. Kudos to the Thais who stand up to these people of dishonor.

They are weak, pathetic, cowardly, self entitled hooligans, who are accustomed to a perch atop the ivory tower, scared to death of being taken down a notch, and being asked to be accountable for their heinous and unforgivable actions. Of course they will resort to whatever dirty tactics they can. That is who and what they are. Filth. They are the deplorables.

These lowlifes have been bullying the Thai people for many years now. Guess they never expected the favor to be returned. They all assume they are "above it all". Mightier than the masses. Too rich to touch. Well, perhaps things are about to change. Perhaps your lives are about to take a turn for the worse, and you and your families are going to be subject to intense harassment for the cowardly and highly dishonorable positions you accepted. After all, the fortune comes at some cost, right? The kids benefit from the fortunes their parents make off their illicit jobs. They are treated special due to their parents positions. They need to know that their parents are monsters. We must stop coddling the kids. Life can and should be ugly for those entire gangster families.

• Haha 1