What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Saw "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire" today: Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) - IMDb

Not really a Godzilla or monster movie fan, but this was actually a pretty good picture. Saw it at Mega Cineplex in an LG LED theater and it was pretty great audio visually. No shortage of silliness, but all in all a pretty good watch. I'll go 7/10, but I'd guess a 5-6/10 if I'd have watched it at home. 

Kind of a bummer they did not get to hear BOC's "Godzilla" in the soundtrack, but you can't have everything. 

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gentleman of Moscow,

Strangely woke, plenty of blacks and a few from India in 1920 Moscow, but no Russian Asians.

I guess the Russian Asians never made it to Hollywood.

Right, so no logical reason not to watch it then!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

'The Intruder Hes Watching You From Within',

documentary on Channel 5 on 8th, about a rapist and armed burglar, 'the fox' ( Malcolm Fairley) who brought fear to an area of Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire in1984, 

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/schedule/f7730545-5166-53c7-be23-c48e3a7c6818/the-intruder-hes-watching-you-from-within

available on magnetdl, and torrentgalaxy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, giddyup said:
2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Unless you value "period correctness".

It is important to recognize that art, including cinema, frequently employs anachronism to question our views and stimulate reflection.

The producers of 'Dirty Little Letters' might be utilizing their medium to showcase the strides we have achieved in diversity and representation.

Ultimately, a film's worth is not solely in its adherence to historical fact, but in its power to captivate, amuse, and educate us.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:05 AM, giddyup said:

Dirty Little Letters (new British movie) set in the 1920's has a black lady judge, and a female Indian police officer. They just can't help themselves.

Who is they?

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes I know that many people aren't interested in watching yet another show about the holocaust, but it is just so happens that We Were The Lucky Ones is a worthy show regardless. As it's based on a true story and it is character based, the viewer experience is to feel the experience of how things happened in a more personal way. When you're living in a historic time and horrible stuff happens, you don't know the bigger picture, it's just happening and you need to respond to it the best way you can, and each person that dealt with it dead or alive mostly dead, was a person that had their own individual experience based on their life circumstances and character. Not just statistics.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Fallout complete season out today.

200 years after a nuclear war in the 1950s a few people emerge from their underground shelters.

I've watched the first 2 episodes , very entertaining but incredibly violent.

Series of the year, already a rating of 8.7 on IMDB

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who is they?

In this case it's the wokeist's  changing history to fit their woke agenda

but in other cases "they"   are The Hierarchy Enslaving You.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, johng said:

Is that even a word?

I find people getting overexcited over diverse casting to be racist.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, johng said:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/woke#google_vignette

Someone who is woke is very aware of social and political unfairness.

What definition have you decided fits?

Edited by earlinclaifornia

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is that even a word?

I find people getting overexcited over diverse casting to be racist.

I find people who re write history with "diverse casting"  to be wokeist.

I have no (not much)  problem with modern characters being diverse except that it often goes over the top...bit like the Google gemini AI woke debacle.

• Like 1

Alcatraz (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1728102/) popped up in the "Recently added TV Shows" on my TV Box & I remember watching some of it but couldn't remember how it ended so set about re-watching from the start. 

Got to the end & found out why I couldn't remember the story ending, Season 2 got canned so you're left with a lot of unanswered questions... 

Quite an enjoyable show if you're happy to never find out the full story behind how the convicts disappeared/re-appeared 50 years later 😞 

Do Not Watch if you need your TV Shows to have a satisfactory ending

Edited by Mike Teavee

On 4/10/2024 at 3:29 PM, oxo1947 said:

The Dig --- Movie Crime---Ireland 2019

I liked this --Low Budget Irish Crime film--Good acting has a twist at the end---A bit dark

Like most Irish stuff it can be difficult to find, I got from Chaos... Not to be confused with --The Dig 2021

Northern Ireland so the accents can be stronger. If you want subs  https://subttsearch.com/subtitle-details/?imdbID=tt7512276#gsc.tab=0

Made best Irish Movie that year.

I've watched this and it was very good IMHO.