What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

I know a lot of you don't like it, but I'm almost at the end of season 4 of 'Only Murders in the Building'

I love it, good hearted fun, easy to watch and i love the characters.

This season to add to Selena Gomez add Eva Longoria, whats not to like

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

I know a lot of you don't like it, but I'm almost at the end of season 4 of 'Only Murders in the Building'

I love it, good hearted fun, easy to watch and i love the characters.

This season to add to Selena Gomez add Eva Longoria, whats not to like

I am half way through the first season and liking it, Martin and Steve are great as usual but Selena’s voice is starting to get on my nerves !

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I am half way through the first season and liking it, Martin and Steve are great as usual but Selena’s voice is starting to get on my nerves !

Gave up on it mainly because Selena's voice gets on my nerves (how is she famous!) but also neither Martin Short or Steve Martin are remotely funny. 

I did love Steve in Airplane though (Joke, Leslie Nielsen had to stand in for him to make it funny). 

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

I tried to watch the movie, "Alpha Dog", but gave up after a while because it didn't seem to make any sense to me/I couldn't follow it!

I did download an older movie, "Pandorum" to watch last night and it was okay, although one poster has said he was disappointed with the ending, however I thought it was okay – – at least it ended on a bright note!

About Alpha Dog, I had watched a youtube video about the true story first. I get that watching it cold could would be confusing.

Edited by Jingthing

22 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Hmm, Selena is attractive, not beautiful but still attractive, and i would say a great actor. I would say in the show she's the perfect Mabel 

Now Sazz, that takes it to a whole another level

Edited by GinBoy2

I very much like movies by Peter Jackson, including the Lord of the Rings movies, so I thought I would download and watch one of his older ones called, "The Lovely Bones" although I had watched it years ago but couldn't remember much about it!

Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz and Saoirse Ronan star in it, along with Stanley Tucci, and IMO the movie is very good indeed.

I have to say that just near the end of the movie when heaven beckons, the song, "The Song of the Siren" by "This Mortal Coil", plays and it really did send shivers down my spine, because it's such a beautiful song and it fitted in this movie so very well, so I have copied it below for you to hear.

https://youtu.be/HFWKJ2FUiAQ

Edited by xylophone

Appetite Whetter

Sorry it's long but I've condensed it by cutting out pictures/lists of cast members.

The Split two-part special

Release date: Later in 2024

The Other Bennet Sister

Release date: TBC

Period drama fans, rejoice, because the BBC has just announced a new series based on the story of one of Jane Austen's most unassuming characters, Mary Bennet.

John Phillips

Riot Women

The BBC has announced the cast for new drama Riot Women, written by award-winning Happy Valley creator Sally Wainwright.

The Guest

The BBC has just announced The Guest, a new four-part drama that will be filmed in and around Cardiff. Eve Myles (Keeping Faith; Broadchurch) and Gabrielle Creevy (Three Women) will lead the fast-paced thriller, centred on the toxic relationship between successful business owner Fran and her employee, Ria.

First Day on Earth

The BBC has finally announced the highly anticipated new drama from multi-award-winning I May Destroy You star Michaela Coel. Coel will write, star and serve as an executive producer on the 10-part series, First Day on Earth.

Dear England

The BBC has announced a four-part TV adaptation of Dear England, based on the National Theatre play of the same name.

The new series, about Gareth Southgate's time as manager of the England football team.

Dead and Buried

Release date: Autumn 2024 on BBC One Northern Ireland and BBC iPlayer

The four-part thriller, filmed in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland earlier this year.

Reunion

Filming has now started in Yorkshire on new BBC revenge thriller Reunion, starring Bad Sisters' Anne-Marie Duff. The four-part series marks an important milestone in inclusive storytelling, with the majority of cast and many members of the crew being deaf or using British Sign Language (BSL), the BBC has shared.

The Night Manager season 2

Fans of the BBC's smash hit 2016 adaptation of John le Carré's The Night Manager will be thrilled to hear that two new seasons are in the pipeline, as confirmed by Deadline.

The new series will pick up eight years after the first season's dramatic conclusion, and filming is set to start later this year. 

‘King & Conqueror’ from Sherlock Holmes writer Michael Robert Johnson, is based on the iconic 11th century figures Harold of Wessex and William of Normandy.

Miss Austen

Jane Austen fans, take note. A new four-part drama starring Keeley Hawes and Rose Leslie is coming soon to the BBC. The star-studded series is an adaptation of Gill Hornby's bestseller, Miss Austen.

Moonflower Murders

First look images from upcoming drama Moonflower Murders, which is based on Anthony Horowitz's bestselling novel of the same name.

The sequel to 2023's Magpie Murders, the six-part series will star Lesley Manville and Timothy McMullan in their lead roles as book editor turned sleuth Susan Ryeland and acclaimed literary detective Atticus Pünd.

Daddy Issues

Starring David Morrissey and Sex Education's Aimee Lou Wood, this new BBC series is described as a "classic odd couple comedy about two funny, deeply flawed characters who just happen to be father and daughter".

Rykter.

A hit in Norway with three seasons but each episode only about ten minutes.

Basically fairly standard teen melodrama stuff but made more fresh with the social media angle and especially the setting on a fictional island off Bergen. I find most of the characters unlikeable and deserving of  being slapped but that makes it fun.

It's all on the tube.

• Like 1

Fight Night: The Million Dollar Heist, based on the acclaimed iHeart true-crime podcast, follows the infamous story of how an armed robbery on the night of Muhammad Ali's historic 1970 comeback fight changed not only one man's life but ultimately transformed Atlanta into the "Black Mecca." When a hustler named Chicken Man hosts an afterparty to celebrate the fight with a guest list of the country's wealthiest, the night ends with the most brazen criminal underworld heist in Atlanta's history. Suspected of masterminding the crime, Chicken Man is hellbent on clearing his name but must convince his old adversary, J.D. Hudson, one of the first Black detectives in the city's desegregated police force, who is tasked with bringing those responsible to justice. 8eps.

The Old Man follows Dan Chase, a retired CIA officer who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past. 8eps.

Inspired by the extraordinary life and work of world-famous author and physician Oliver Sacks, Brilliant Minds follows a revolutionary, larger-than-life neurologist and his team of interns as they explore the last great frontier - the human mind - while grappling with their own relationships and mental health. 13eps.

• Thanks 1