Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

CharlieH

On 1/2/2024 at 5:58 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

He's hardly going to agree that he's committing genocide, is he?

IMO the idea that Hamas, whatever it wants to do, is capable of killing all israelis, is a nonsense, and should not be given any credence at all by any rational person.

IMO it's just an excuse they trot out to justify blowing thousands of children to bits.

Exactly. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Anyone disagrees with you and they are branded 'clueless or trolls'. 

They are not allowed to have an opinion unless they are from the area, or been there. 

There are not Hamas supporters regularly posting Hamas agenda tenets or figures. 

You lack integrity as outed recently with you Sumud post. 

Anyone who is not pro your country is labelled a terrorist supporter, 

.He and I disagree frequently, and I have not been labeled any of these things by him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Says the man that blocks anyone that dares to have a different opinion to himself. 😂😂😂

One actually wonders who's/what posts he has available to read or does he just make up responses to imaginary posts!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

do you think the judges will be ignoring the evidence of Hamas deliberately using civilians as human shields

Nor will they ignore the deaths of Palestinians who aren't Hamas. Do you understand yet?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Yes. Then they will put 2 and 2 together to realize they are related. Just like cause and effect. 

As most everyone already knows. 

So they will either not charge or will acquit war crimes against other Palestinians because .... Hamas? Is that what you believe?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So they will either not charge or will acquit war crimes against other Palestinians because .... Hamas? Is that what you believe?

I think they'll be found guilty of war crimes, but I think the court is a farce. 

What great cases have been won by the court? 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I 'believe' your unintelligible answer/question proves you know Hamas use of human shields is why casualties are so high.  Always have. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rabas said:

I 'believe' your unintelligible answer/question proves you know Hamas use of human shields is why casualties are so high.  Always have. 

I gather you didn't comprehend my question or are you suggesting that any Palestinian civilians killed by the IDF were being used as human shields?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

All of those Palestinians who were killed? Or just some of them?

I don't know, do you think the judge will be looking at that and making his own determination?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

All of those Palestinians who were killed? Or just some of them?

I imagine some of them as shields, some as collateral damage from bombing, some because they were mistaken as combatants. 

Unlike Hamas who intentionally targeted civilians. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I gather you didn't comprehend my question or are you suggesting that any Palestinian civilians killed by the IDF were being used as human shields?

No, I believe you were putting words in my mouth to dodge my point, and are now doing it again.  

Do you understand that many Gaza casualties are because Hamas use of human shields? 

• Like 1

Just now, rabas said:

No, I believe you were putting words in my mouth to dodge my point, and are now doing it again.  

Do you understand that many Gaza casualties are because Hamas use of human shields? 

If no, then do you accept that there may be a case to answer in respect of those Palestinians who were not Hamas and were not used as human shields when they were killed?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

My point was that the case will be taken up on its merits.

Jolly good, that was always my point too. Currently many professionals think it is meritless and fact less but lets see what the judges decide, it will be a few years of waiting on that for a full decision based on other cases.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Jolly good, that was always my point too. Currently many professionals think it is meritless and fact less but lets see what the judges decide, it will be a few years of waiting on that for a full decision based on other cases.

The case may be but the elephant in the room is a looming injunctive order to cease hostilities. Soon after the hearing next week.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

The case may be but the elephant in the room is a looming injunctive order to cease hostilities. Soon after the hearing next week.

Why should Israel recognize "...the looming injunctive order to cease hostilities." ?

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Yes I posted that a "provincial decision" may be made before the final one earlier in the topic.....lol

If it does Israel may also not accept decision, and raise “preliminary objections” to the Court’s jurisdiction and the inadmissibility of the application. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I posted that a "provincial decision" may be made before the final one earlier in the topic.....lol

If it does Israel may also not accept decision, and raise “preliminary objections” to the Court’s jurisdiction and the inadmissibility of the application. 

They well might but that won't stop the injunction while the objection is heard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

They well might but that won't stop the injunction while the objection is heard.

It might not stop them from issuing the injunction. How would they enforce it? 

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That will probably make as much difference to Israel as it did to Russia when it appealed the provisional decision on the Ukraine case