What's the law regarding me beating the #$&% out of a foreigner if he spat on me?

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

For a few minutes of gratification you might have to endure months of problems and monitory

costs, and maybe a mark against you in the Immigration, Think about it...

A bit more than a "mark against you" if you are convicted of assault which is a criminal charge. Spit is hard to prove, but physical damage to another person is not. Any foreigner convicted of a criminal charge will have his visa canceled and sent packing after paying the appropriate penalties (fine and/or prison time). They will have to turn in their passport after being charged so they cannot leave.

I would not advise punching anyone who spat on you.

Edit: I should have mentioned that even if the police don't press charges, the person you punch can start criminal proceedings against you in court. He has 90 days to do this. The result will be the same, but it will take a long time (6 months or more) and after you post bail your visa is canceled. In this case, there is always the possibility of negotiating with the victim to drop charges. An apology (for punching him) and some cash will normally do it.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Your obviously a tough guy. What reason would someone have to spit on you?

Why would you make a comment with hostility, calling me a tough guy, trying to antagonizing me.

I'll reply with the same antagonizm, are you the type of person who would spit on people, would you spit on me? 

Read my posting again, I'm asking a question.

Are you going to answer my question or are you just here trolling? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, it is what it is said:

hardly a proportionate response, and an interesting insight to an individual's mindset.

while working in china i was sitting on a park bench when a local guy walking past spat at me, thankfully he missed, but while revulsed it never entered my head to get into a fight with him or beat him up.

Had to sit on the floor of a crowded train in china, someone was spitting nut kernels at me while they ate, dirty barstards. just had to except them for who they were, dirty spitting cvnts

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

You didn't grow up in the Clash/ Pistols generation, did you 😂😂😂

Is that what the punks used to do, spit on each other? 

Obviously, to those who love to obfuscate, spitting n horking out lugies is a thing in Asia. It is obviously, and immediately recognizable for what it is, rather than someone, purposefully spitting at you. 

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Recently I read a thread on AN forum regarding a foreigner spitting on a guy in Makro.

Spitting is for Cobras.

Also, for the common people in ChengDu, SiChuan, China.

49 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

When Wallace Stevens punched Hemingway in Key West, he broke his hand in two places.

Hemingway was a true Cro-Magnon man.

The only thing that could kill Hemingway was the failing of his brain; which meant the final end to his pursuit of the perfect sentence/paragraph.

I guess...

Hemingway lost the desire to live after he became aware of his failing mind.

The Old Man and the Sea, all over again.

57 minutes ago, mikebike said:

There are DNA labs in Thailand, in case you were unaware. Proving the spit is a heap-load easier than a punch. 

There are DNA labs in Thailand? Thanks for the info.

You've been watching too much TV. The person who beat up a guy who spat on him is not going down to a DNA lab to get some dried-up spit tested, and even if he did, it wouldn't absolve him of the crime of assault and battery. He would also have to get the court to order a DNA sample from the "spitter" to prove it was his. Apart from that, mucus does go flying when people cough and sneeze so there can be reasonable excuses for the transfer of mucus.

You're talking about a punch. How do you know the OP will stop at one punch? How do you know how hard the OP can punch? You can cause a lot of damage with one punch. You can break someone's jaw, remove teeth, break a nose, knock someone unconscious, and so on... the list of possible damage is long.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been viewing videos of police getting spat on, the police then losing it and beating the #$&% of of the person, I reckon I'd do the same.

Recently I read a thread on AN forum regarding a foreigner spitting on a guy in Makro.

Would I get in trouble if I returned the assault by punching him several times?

The world is a very different place these days, I put it down to poor parenting and removing corporal punishment from schools. 

Seems there are more 30ish year olds today that are delinquents, never grown up.

I know for sure, if I never had a smack or a shoe thrown at me from my parents or canned at school I would be in prison today.

I reckon spitting on a person is one of the lowest things a person can do. 

Why do you mention 'foreigner'? 

Thai or foreigner pretty much the same result in court. 

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And the fact the OP is asking tells me he would not retaliate either.

Red mist does not consider repercussions.

The Red Peril, you mean.

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Are you a newbie on AN Forums? 

If you reckon my question is weird, stick around, you'll see some very weird stuff. 

How was that relevant to your weird question? Not new at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:14 PM, Gottfrid said:
On 1/2/2024 at 10:34 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Are you a newbie on AN Forums? 

If you reckon my question is weird, stick around, you'll see some very weird stuff. 

How was that relevant to your weird question? Not new at all

Who are you kidding, you are a newbie, AN member for only a couple of years.

Like I said, stick around plenty of weird stuff here at times, actually I'll go searching for some of your weird posts and comments. 

On 1/2/2024 at 2:00 PM, JensenZ said:

Any foreigner convicted of a criminal charge will have his visa canceled and sent packing after paying the appropriate penalties

Nonsense.  Minor criminal convictions do not result in visa cancellation, never mind deportation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:57 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nope not weird at all, even had some of the moderators making practical and welcomed comments.

555.  Not exactly unusual for the mods to comment on threads and that doesn't "un-weird" the OP!  One of them was clearly not supporting your suggested violent action and the other was mainly posting about the HHH!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Since when has the consequence of fighting or punching someone been deportation?

Since when have you been able to predict that a fight will not escalate and get out of control, possibly injuring innocent bystanders, damaging property, or the actual fighters themselves being badly wounded or killed. Once you take that step to get into a fight, you might just possibly have little control over the outcome. 

Please look closely at my post. I said I didn't want to 'risk' it. I did not say deportation was a definite 'consequence of fighting'. You kind of took the liberty there to misquote me in order to bolster your own antagonistic contributions.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Since when has the consequence of fighting or punching someone been deportation?

Since when have you been able to predict that a fight will not escalate and get out of control

I didn't say that I could!

9 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

You kind of took the liberty there to misquote me in order to bolster your own antagonistic contributions.

I only took the liberty of posting on this forum of which I'm a member!  I did not misquote you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:49 AM, mikebike said:

I have no idea about Thailand, but back home, spitting on someone IS considered assault. 

Very true. When I was younger back in the UK, someone would only need to threaten me with violence and I would immediately lash out. It never happened often though as I never went looking for trouble.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 5:46 PM, Baht Simpson said:

When Wallace Stevens punched Hemingway in Key West, he broke his hand in two places.

He obvious did not hit him properly then.

• Thumbs Up 1