Dismiss "Wokeness" - Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

As in I 'alert to racial prejudice and discrimination' and had my morning coffee... 

The term just doesn't trip off my tongue. 

Perhaps go back to school to learn to read a dictionary?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Yep, nothing but distractions for the bigots to contemplate, while their purchasing power along with their freedoms dwindle.

On topic ... no savvy business is going to go too woke, as majority of customers, especially older non overly woke folks, still make up their customer base.  That majority is also dwindling fast .... on paper anyway, as it's in style to identify as anything but white cis ? :giggle:

My issue would be avoiding companies that put diversity in front of experienced workers, such as the one airline annoying.   Diversity being a priority in hiring pilots ... hmm, not sure I'd fly them.  Best vs ethnic or gender quotas ... UP2U

Don't care your politics, give me best quality for best price.  Don't care who sells it, makes it or where it comes from.

In what way is "woke" related to purchasing power or freedoms?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, eyeman said:

Thankfully there is little of this ridiculous nonsense in Thailand, currently, except for maybe on Thai reddit.

You won't get anyone here claiming they have been misgendered, or demanding to be addressed by their bloody pronouns, or insisting everyone support whatever the current-thing™ is, they would just rightfully be laughed out the door.  2023 globally though has been a good year for the crackdown on DEI stupidity Harvard's Claudine Gay being the latest woke idiot out the door, whoever thought hiring based on skin color instead of meritocracy would ever be sustainable,  these plonkers got a way with too much for too long.

If I was American I would vote for Trump just to trigger them...

Not so sure, it's here but not as bad. They got rid of black man mops with the fuzzy woozie emblem and renamed Darkie toothpaste to Darlie, and that was years ago

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

I come across things here and there - in tv advertising, tv shows and films, at work, where there is a clear attempt to seem hip to the jive of what young people are thinking, and on occasion they go too far or muck it up. Mainly harmless - and hardly new for the powers that be to try and win favour for dubious motives.

It's impact, in my opinion, is somewhat overblown, mainly by the right wing politicians and media, who will scour the world for more extreme examples and say - fear this - this is what democrats or other lefties want to do to you and your children. 

For sure, point out where things are over the top, but be honest about it's implications on our lives, and being a bit kinder and aware of the feelings and point of view of others, is not so bad. 

• Agree 1