Kor Ror 2 for Non-O Marriage Extension

I'm preparing for my first Non-O marriage extension.

Wondering if anyone's done this recently and could confirm for me if I'll need to go get an updated Kor Ror 2? Or can I just use the one from last year when I registered my marriage here?

Here?  Where's here?

Most Immigration offices have a maximum validity of the Kor Ror 2 they will accept. For example, for Udon Thani Immigration, it's 7 days.

As per @Lite Beer, a copy can be obtained from the nearest (any) Amphur on producing your ID.

• Like 1

200 Baht, 20 Baht? Pffft!!

Our office charges 2 Baht!

Is it even worth their collecting it I wonder.

And yes, you will need a new one every year, I usually go the day before we intend going to immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Your Wife can go to the local Amphur and get a copy for around 200 Baht.

You're being robbed. My wife gets mine for 10 Baht every year.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
6 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Your Wife can go to the local Amphur and get a copy for around 200 Baht.

You're being robbed. My wife gets mine for 10 Baht every year.

LOL, if his wife gave him back the 190 baht change, maybe he wouldn't be drinking lite beer.

18 hours ago, EdwardM said:

Wondering if anyone's done this recently and could confirm for me if I'll need to go get an updated Kor Ror 2? Or can I just use the one from last year when I registered my marriage here?

You must get a new Kor Ror every year, dated on the day you apply for new  extension from your local government, deaths, births and marriage office.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, EdwardM said:

Ah yes the annual run around and mountain of repeated paperwork for those got nothing else to do immigration offices to approve us an extension.

As everyone mentioned and you are aware, you will require a new Kor Ror from your Amphur, 20 baht, wife gets ours while she leaves me at the bank for an hour waiting to get the letter of adequate funds in account from a few months prior, usually get photos across the road as well, if I don't have any from previous years, and then we go and drop it all off with a smile the day after, but not before getting my bankbook updated on the day, e.g. ATM withdrawal of 1,000 baht, then walk into bank and ask for bankbook to be updated, then get 2 copies of bankbook page to go with the other photocopies of the bankbook pages.

Don't forget to take ALL of your paperwork and (more) just in case they ask you for more, plus the exact amount to pay, i.e. 1,900 baht, otherwise you more than likely won't see your 100 baht change.

I hate this time of the year, but have it down pat, however it still takes at least 10 hours by the time you print everything off, go to where you need to go and drive to immigration and home.

To think I have better things to do :stoner: 

19 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Immigration will require an update KR2 or KR22.

If you married in Thailand, it will be a KR2.

If you married overseas but registered your marriage in Thailand, then a KR22.

It's 20 BHT for a copy.

That's what I paid in Phuket late last year. Took five minutes at the Amphur desk to get it.

21 hours ago, EdwardM said:

You can Get a new one from any Amphur anywhere. Yep 20b and that was with copies and a receipt, 5-10min we even got ours at "Lunch time" when Immigration are closed, without even skeleton staff.

Not sure where you are but there is an Amphur very close to my IO. Edit: I just checked and there is an Amphur office on Highway 3 about !k from On Nut station.

Google is your friend.

Edited by brianthainess

2 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

You must get a new Kor Ror every year, dated on the day you apply for new  extension from your local government, deaths, births and marriage office.

You shouldnt make definitive statements like that, a lot depends on the office and type of extension. A friend of mine has been doing a 60 day on a non O for several years, he did it last week again with original KR2.

I did a 12 month a couple of weeks ago and got the KR2 about a week beforehand, not a problem.

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You can Get a new one from any Amphur anywhere. Yep 20b and that was with copies and a receipt, 5-10min we even got ours at "Lunch time" when Immigration are closed, without even skeleton staff.

Not sure where you are but there is an Amphur very close to my IO.

A couple of years ago we got caught out when immigration asked for the first time for a new KR2. They said to pop along to the local Amphur and get a new one, shouldn't be a problem. Went along to the Amphur and about a hundred people waiting outside and the guy managing the queue said to come back about 4pm, this was about 10.30. We drove along to Chonburi and got one there in 10 minutes. Unfortunately didn't get back to immigration before they closed for lunch.

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You shouldnt make definitive statements like that, a lot depends on the office and type of extension. A friend of mine has been doing a 60 day on a non O for several years, he did it last week again with original KR2.

I did a 12 month a couple of weeks ago and got the KR2 about a week beforehand, not a problem.

This is what my immigration office requires. Go figure!

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

A couple of years ago we got caught out when immigration asked for the first time for a new KR2. They said to pop along to the local Amphur and get a new one, shouldn't be a problem. Went along to the Amphur and about a hundred people waiting outside and the guy managing the queue said to come back about 4pm, this was about 10.30. We drove along to Chonburi and got one there in 10 minutes. Unfortunately didn't get back to immigration before they closed for lunch.

I can't make it before lunch anyway, everything for me must be same day and I have to take a ferry, My bank is not on KC anymore, and I get all my copies done near immigration, bank is about 30min away, from ferry and immigration, and they even told me one time come in the afternoon as it's less busy. 

22 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

This is what my immigration office requires. Go figure!

Your words.

"You must get a new Kor Ror every year, dated on the day you apply for new  extension"

There is no "must" about it.

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I can't make it before lunch anyway, everything for me must be same day and I have to take a ferry, My bank is not on KC anymore, and I get all my copies done near immigration, bank is about 30min away, from ferry and immigration, and they even told me one time come in the afternoon as it's less busy. 

It's whatever suits best. The bank is the biggest problem, I struggle to get to immigration before mid morning and there is only one desk for marriage. Last time there was one at the desk and 3 waiting in front, fortunately when the one at the desk finished no one came forward and we were next, I had thought we were going to be there till  afternoon.

I have suggested going in the afternoon but the wife doesn't like that idea.

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It's whatever suits best. The bank is the biggest problem, I struggle to get to immigration before mid morning and there is only one desk for marriage. Last time there was one at the desk and 3 waiting in front, fortunately when the one at the desk finished no one came forward and we were next, I had thought we were going to be there till  afternoon.

I have suggested going in the afternoon but the wife doesn't like that idea.

My bank only takes 20min Max. It took me 2hrs just to, fill in and sign the mirade of paperwork which includes sticking all 6 must have glossy photos to their A4s , With their TV blasting out, then an hour for them to process, with complaints from them it's to much paperwork, I did point out it's them that make that problem not me, With a comment from them "don't get angry" I assure you I was nowhere near angry, then they tried to tell my wife for me to get a retirement extension instead next time, yet AGAIN. Forgot to add we have to drag along our witness as well, and I have to sign whatever paperwork they have. Thailand 0.00000000004

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 11:38 AM, NanLaew said:

Here?  Where's here?

Most Immigration offices have a maximum validity of the Kor Ror 2 they will accept. For example, for Udon Thani Immigration, it's 7 days.

As per @Lite Beer, a copy can be obtained from the nearest (any) Amphur on producing your ID.

Is the KR.22 different? I haven't updated mine in at least 2 years, accepted every time at udon.

Posted (edited)

I use the CW office. Does anyone know if, for CW particularly, my updated Kor Ror 2 needs to be dated to the same day I'll be applying for the extension? I planned to go get the updated Kor Ror a few days beforehand... do I just ask the officer to date the Kor Ror 2 to a specific date?

Edited by EdwardM

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My bank only takes 20min Max. It took me 2hrs just to, fill in and sign the mirade of paperwork which includes sticking all 6 must have glossy photos to their A4s , With their TV blasting out, then an hour for them to process, with complaints from them it's to much paperwork, I did point out it's them that make that problem not me, With a comment from them "don't get angry" I assure you I was nowhere near angry, then they tried to tell my wife for me to get a retirement extension instead next time, yet AGAIN. Forgot to add we have to drag along our witness as well, and I have to sign whatever paperwork they have. Thailand 0.00000000004

I use TTB and they are very slow in everything they do, fortunately I only go about once a year,although I had to go a few weeks back for a new passport. They don't open till 08.30, about an hour for the docs and another half hour to immigration.

I can prep and sign most of the paperwork the day before but the bank slows everything down. Fortunately we don't have to bring the witnesses just their IDs & Tabian Baan, but this year they had to attend the home visit.

It really is time immigration came to some standardised format across the country.

• Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:02 PM, Crossy said:

200 Baht, 20 Baht? Pffft!!

Our office charges 2 Baht!

Is it even worth their collecting it I wonder.

And yes, you will need a new one every year, I usually go the day before we intend going to immigration.

2 THB was a concession price during Covid. (paper charge only) It's now back to the normal 20 THB in our local amphur.

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

2 THB was a concession price during Covid. (paper charge only) It's now back to the normal 20 THB in our local amphur.

Possibly, last update was in November 2023.